1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

THIS IS A CONTENDING TEAM

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Big Dogzz, Nov 24, 1999.

1. Big Dogzz

Big Dogzz Member

Why is everyone already waving the white flag? Haven't you all seen all the teams the Rockets have been able to contend against? Besides the Utah and Mavericks losses the Rockets have been in every game. Now the winning mentality is all they need and unfortunately that comes with more experience. But the question comes as to how long will it take for this experience to arrive? My opinion is it will take as long as Steve Francis's game takes to blossom and he will have fully blossomed when he does everything he's doing now but with a lot less turnovers.

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

This is a contending team. We only got our ass kicked in 2 games.

We just got to learn how to finish games out. Plus we also have to learn to play well in the 4th.

If we would of played well in the 4th and played calm like we do thru the 3rd. Then we could only have lost like 4 or 5 games.

3. RKMAN

RKMAN Member

Big Dogzz, I thought you said you were never going to post here after the Rockz traded Carr.

------------------
    RKMAN

"There's a new expansion football team?? At least they won't cut me."

-Ed Gray

4. Big Dogzz

Big Dogzz Member

RKMAN, I think you have me confused with someone else. I mean I liked Carr but not if we could get Steve Francis and we did.

5. alaskansnowman

yeah, this is a contending team. most of our games were close, and i think if we have a diverse offense, we can get a lot better. i say 50% to posting up, and 50% fastbreaks and specially designed plays for francis, shandon, walt, etc.

OUT OF the posting up plays, we shud have carlos rogers and shandon and maybe steve cutting to the basket. I mean, we dont always have to shoot the damn 3ptr!

So, thats how i think we shud play. And we ARE getting better and better every game. Hopefully, we can put everything together and teach Scottie a thing or 2 today.