1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This Guy Sucks!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Who will it be today?

We have TMo Blows as one topic. Remember "Walt Sucks"? There have always been plenty of Cato sucks threads.

Now that Cato is playing better and Walt is playing well, what happened to all those threads? What will happen when TMo starts playing better?

Is Eddie still a bust? I remember when Mobley was bust too. You hang around here long enough, you see EVERYONE called horrible at one point or another. Good to see that tradition is alive and well.

Now, just remember who you are so we can all ridicule you down the line. :)

2. JR

JR Contributing Member

Rudy still sucks.

3. x34

x34 Member

Thanks, Jeff. I totally agree...

Although if I had my druthers, I would be willing to keep the "this guys sucks" posts in order to get rid of the "trade this guy for this one" posts...

TRADE ACCEPTED

4. Timing

Timing Member

Keith Jones sucks! ;)

5. BDJ

BDJ Member

I think that the Warriors have to suck. Their organization is terrible, their players never reach their potential until they leave, and their mascot is a power ranger.

6. BDJ

BDJ Member

I think we should make an all-time Rocket Suck team. Here's my nominations:

G - Brent Price
    G - Rodrick Rhodes
    F - Scottie Pippen
    F - Mirsad Turkcan (Turkish for "Not Rashard")
    C - Thomas Hamilton
    6th - Craig Ehlo

I remember a reporter once asked Lenny Wilkens why he always had Ehlo on his teams. Lenny said he found him useful because whenever he wanted to chew out one of his other players, he could simply say, "Look at you! You're worse than Craig Ehlo!"

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

what about the boss encouraged Cuttino Sucks threads, they seem to have disappeared over the last three games!!

8. NCSTATEFAN

NCSTATEFAN Member

Don't forget those that were ready to pull the trigger on numerous Steve Francis trades....

9. Old School

Old School Member

Turbo sucks.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yes, and don't forget the....

The Rockets don't trust their teamates, and that sucks !!!

threads too.

:D

DaDakota

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

x34 with 16 posts in over 2 years.

Is that the record, Behad?

x34 is the second long-timer, sparse poster in two days (dream_team the other) who mention a distaste of the bashing threads from posters who just don't know how to lose.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

The psychology of the "sucks" threads is worth analysis. First, people love to gripe and this forum is a perfect outlet. Often, the "no talk rule" is in effect at the workplace, in the church, even in the family, but not here! Everyone is a basketball expert, a coach, an owner, an all-star (ex) player! What a wonderful fantasy! Second, expectations are extremely, perhaps unrealistically high. But shouldn't they be; these are "professional" millionaire players who are supposedly the best of the best of the best. Shouldn't they be expected to know and be able to execute fundamentals like passing, moving, guarding, shooting, etc. YES!!! They have personal trainers, cooks, body guards; they can hire their own coaches. So, why do they often SUCK? The evolution (or regression) of SPORT (SKILLS) into ENTERTAINMENT (THRILLS). The NBA has made a marketing decision that the fan would rather see an 6'2" guard jump over three 6'10" defenders and dunk the ball than pass to three 7'0" team mates who are open under the basket for a layup. To the "old school" fan who grew up on the Celtics Dynasty, THIS SUCKS! The NEW GENERATION NBA is all about ME! Look, I can't PASS, SHOOT, OR MOVE without the ball, but I AM A STAR! I MAY NOT BE A SKILLED, DISCIPLINED BASKETBALL PLAYER IN ANY TRADITIONAL SENSE, BUT I AM AN ENTERTAINER; I MAY SUCK BUT I AM MAKING THE BUCK! STREETBALL, IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER!

13. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

He's close, but I remember someone whose nick escapes me, that registered in Feb 99 ( a true old-timer) with 4 posts.

These guys renew my faith in the fact that the "blindly support your team" faithful are out there, reading every post, and the pessimists are simply more vocal yet still in the minority.

So to answer your question Jeff...Pessimists suck!

14. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Well said, solid. Very solid take! :)

HEY! I am a coach! So is Smeg!

15. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

Washington sux!!!!!!........
    They should have won last night:mad: :mad: :mad:

16. Villain81

Villain81 Member

Its not were blindly supporting teams.. some people have other things in their lives apart from posting threads.. and I'd love to talk more about the team.. but it kinda sux over in australia where we dont see any rocks games

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Behad, thanks for the compliment; I am not surprised that you and Smeg or coaches from reading your posts. You surely understand what I am talking about. It appears that basic skills have declined especially in the NBA. I stand amazed watching these guys miss foul shots. They overdribble, hog the ball, stand around, make ill-advised passes, consistently miss wide open shots. They want to make the highlights much more than they want to play consistent, disciplined, fundamental basketball. And who wants to play defense? Remember a few years ago, when Princeton U. advanced deep into the tournament? They were masters of ball movement and the "pic and roll" and played tenacious defense. I loved watching them. Do the Rockets appear well coached to you and Smeg? They don't to me, but it hard to tell if they are just not responding or they are not getting the direction they need. They appear to have raw talent, but they consistently do some really stupid stuff. I have always been a fan of Rudy, but I am starting to wonder if he is still "bringing it all."

18. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Brent Price was not a suck. Bryce Drew was a suck.

19. myputersux

myputersux Member

From another long time reader/very seldom poster:

I second the motion that Pessimists suck!

20. waltsucks 2

waltsucks 2 Member

Jeff,
    Thanks for not forgetting me!!! I had an opportunity in the offseason to meet Walt and we hashed out our differences. He told me that he was actually going to dribble the ball and play defense this year and even occasionally be consistant :)! In return I said I would not pick on him as much this year. Well, as of this point, he has kept to his word............so Waltsucks is taking a much needed break from the stress of these threads. Take care and GO Rockets!!!
    By the way............Jason Collier still sucks!