1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

This game should prove that Lin has the skills to be the Rox primary ball handler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MartianMan, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He played well as the SG tonight. If you noticed Douglas gave the ball when made the curl cuts and from then he went to work. Even tonight Doug was the primary ball player.

2. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

I made this exact point in the fire McHale thread this morning and everyone disagreed. Not sure why it so hard for some people to see the obvious.

3. kent335

kent335 Member

You said it best. Rockets started to suck after the coaching staff instituted "plays" after the 1st two games.

4. greenteaman

greenteaman Member

Yes^. Ughhhhhhh.

I was beyond pissed toward the end when I watched Lin handling the ball and no screen or pick being set for him. Nor for Parsons, Douglas--anyone else for that matter. Spurs on the other hand used picks on like every other possession. The whole ISO-ball; you can't blame Harden for screwing up by playing "hero ball"--the coaching staff is responsible for directing picks/screens to be set in such situations. All those amazing shots he took in OKC? I've noticed they were off screens and picks--otherwise it's too easy to double team--and that's precisely what Popovich had the Spurs do.

SET
    DAMN
    PICKS
    FOR
    HEAVEN'S
    SAKE.

I almost punched a hole in the wall when the Spurs double-teamed Lin after seeing him without a set pick on that last possession at the end of the 4th.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The good thing is hopefully he gets his shot going after this game. Because truthfully there was nothing in our first games to prevent him from playing this way except his bad shooting. When he can't shoot and his drive is still limited, he turns passive. And that's why Harden was taking over.

Now the team has to work on the defense and on closing games. Growing pains

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

They had to. Teams were double-teaming both Harden and Lin the moment they got the ball.

You know, defenses will play them different ways. Both Harden and Lin need to learn to have various ways of attacking. Otherwise, opponents wise up to them.

It was Lin's lack of confidence in his shot that prevented him from playing more aggressively after the second game. Remember McHale told him in the preseason: Play aggressively. If you're too aggressive, I'll be sure to tell you. But right now, just go for it.

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

He waved off the pick. Thats his fault.

8. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Great counterargument. NOT!!!

9. Lihao

Lihao Member

yup , saw that too, poor decision from Lin

10. dayanm

dayanm Member

Agreed, it's the first time he brought his fearless self back and actually enjoy the game. Thumb up to you for being objective.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

To be a good passer...a team has to respect your ability to score..first and foremost...What makes Tony Parker, Westbrook, Rose so dangerous is not because of their passing ability...but rather how they score...by forcing teams to adjust their defense...you become a better passer...cause youll see the play happen before a defense sets...

12. rokit

rokit Member

this is true, but lin played the best in 3rd quarter when douglas was on the bench. he's a ball dominant player who needs to create off the dribble.

lin attacking the rim was all ISO.

FWIW, last season harden was the 2nd best ISO player, lin was the 3rd.

once again, he looked the best in the 3rd quarter when TD was on the bench.

he never was a good spot-up shooter and i think coaching staff made a mistake forcing him to to play to his biggest weakness. it's seems he's finally turning it into a strength though, i never seen him hit this many jump shots before.

13. demarco1

demarco1 Member

today i saw LIN play aggressive while harden is out, my point is LIN given a green light to bring his game, now, why lin was not effective, it is not because he is slump, but he is no green light to bring the ball and play like his playstyle, that's it, if later on harden comeback, he will be back like before, hope not, but that's might be the fact