1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This Fri 6/17 - Jerry Joseph & Blendt @ the Meridian

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Toast, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Toast

Toast Member

Haven't done a shameless plug in a while, so I figured I'd go for it. Thanks to all who made it out Memorial Day weekend, and again at Last Concert the first weekend in June. Anyways ...

If you like Widespread Panic at all, this'll be right up your alley. Jerry Joseph (who pinned such Panic tunes as Climb to Safety) will be bringin' it to Meridian on Friday. And if that's not enough, BLENDT will get it all started off. And if THAT'S not enough, Richmond Fontaine will throw down right smack dab in the middle.

And if THAT'S not enough, how's this? All 3 bands for only 8 bucks. You heard me. 3 jammin' bands for just 8 bucks. Music all night long, baby!

Jerry Joseph
    Richmond Fontaine
    BLENDT

More details:
    MERIDIAN (www.meridianhouston.com)
    Friday, June 17
    Doors open @ 7
    BLENDT kicks it off @ 8 (so get there early, HOUSTON!)
    1503 Chartres (713.225.1717)

Please note the early time: 8 O'CLOCK SHARP (this doesn't mean after 8 like sometimes it does; we're literally starting at 8 O'CLOCK SHARP). Tapers welcome. All ages (though I think it's $10 if you're under 21) ... that's the basic jist of it.

See ya' Friday!

2. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

I am a huge Panic fan.. so I'll take your word for it. Count me in...

I've been itching for a good live show...

3. Toast

Toast Member

Yeah, if you like Panic, then you should definitely enjoy Jerry Joseph. Not only did he help write quite a number of their songs, he plays with Stockholm Syndrome too (w/ Dave Schools). Here's his website if you're interested:
    http://jerryjoseph.com/

4. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Im going to try to make it out.... Toast how will we recognize you?

5. Toast

Toast Member

Um ... I have brown curly hair and glasses ... most likely you'll see me in flip flops and some sort of stupid t-shirt. Haven't really planned out the wardrobe just yet. Hopefully I won't be wearing what I wore to work, though. Damn that would suck!

If you get there early enough to check out my band, though, you'll recognize me as the guitarist on the right (stage left; closest to the bar).

Be sure to say HI! Always fun to meet bbs guys.

Oh wait. Here. I'll be the guy who looks kinda like this:
    [​IMG]

6. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I saw Jerry Joseph at Zeldas about 3 years ago, the night after he played with Panic. Holy crap I got messed up that night. Good times.

7. Toast

Toast Member

Yeah, I'm not sure what kinda messed up you're referring to, but I've had mixed experiences @ the Meridian.

When I went to see Yonder Mtn. String Band they patted everyone down at the door. When I went to see Particle & Spoonfed Tribe last Tuesday, as well as when I saw Mofro a few months ago, nothin' doing. I have a feeling it'll be more like that than like the Yonder show.

Not that I'm into that sort of thing. Prank call! Prank call!!!

8. Toast

Toast Member

Thanks to y'all who came out.

Jerry Joseph was a MAJOR disappointment. His backing band, the Jackmormons were a late scratch. SO he assured everyone Richmond Fontaine & his band would back him up.

Well they did. For all of 4 songs. The LAST 4 songs. Way to hold out 'til the end there, Jerry.

I think I overheard the owner of the place yelling something along the lines of "... breech of contract."

Oh well. We still had a blast. Sorry for hyping up JJ like I did. What a bust. I'll be sure to NOT check him out next time he's in town.

9. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Hum. I missed all that since I left right after y'all's set.