1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This country is getting worse, not just economy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rfila, Mar 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Almost everyone in this country came from another. I don't care where the OP originated. I feel similar to the way I feel about someone saying nasty things about the Rockets. If it is a fan of the Rockets doing it, so what? If it's a Jazz fan, it makes a heck of a difference to me. Same when someone talks down Texas. A Texan does it? Ok. We don't have to agree. But if someone from Alabama (BamaSlammer, where are you??), say, talks bad about Texas, we're going to have a fuss.

2. rfila

rfila Member

Maybe it is the place I am in. California has the worst drivers in this country.lol

Seriouly, for the two examples I gave in the original post, I do beleive the driving habits are getting worse and the number of people taking cheap shots are getting bigger nationwide. The signs of decay of the dignity and responsibility of the society.

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I can barely understand you and it's not because of your poor writing skills. You started with a bold thesis about America getting worse and supported it with trivial complaints.

If you think the roads are bad here, it only gets worse in most every other place in the world.

If you think the government is screwing you, it only gets worse in most every other place in the world.

I didn't mean to attack you personally. I don't even know you. I just think you came off as a whiner and completely failed to support your argument.

4. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

This whole thread makes a lot more sense now.

5. rfila

rfila Member

Well, despite I sometimes disagree with you, I do think the limited conversitions between us are within the disscussion, with one exception as I remeber when I kinda lose cool.
    I do not really have problem with your comments. And I do not think the guy you quoted was aiming at you;-)

6. BrooksBall

That lol is evidence of how serious this issue really is to you. :rolleyes:

Now I'm absolutely convinced you were just whining and looking for attention with this thread.

Next time you are casually killing time by posting some random thoughts on the internet, don't bash America in your thread title.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I haven't reached this position yet but I'm thinking about crossing over to that guy who tailgates, honks the horn at, and even flips off people driving really slow in the fast lane. How's that for f_cking moral fiber? lol. Most of these nitwits are on cellphones and other do seem to do it intentionally. It is extremely frustrating because the other lanes are being used by slower drives so you cannot always just go around. Crappy drivers like that are one of the primary reasons why I shifted my work hours away from the regular 8 am to 5 pm work day. I was literally losing my mind during 8-5 rush hour. I shifted it an hour earlier but it means I get less sleep during the week cause I rarely get to bed early enough for a full night's sleep....which translates into I'm a walking zombie by the end of the work week. lol. But, I doubt I will ever go back to 8 - 5. Of course, I live right near one of the worst stretches of road in the nation where a lot of freeways converge and such (NE LOOP 820/121 in D/FW...aka Hell II). Luckily, my driving paths avoid the nightmare spots...but I see the messy back-ups every day and think I would have shot myself in the head a long time ago if I had to travel those roads.

To all you slow fast lane drivers, get some damn moral fiber in you. lol

I will admit, though, that I can see how people would refuse to budge and move over when someone gets on their butt. It's kind of annoying and you can easily get bothered by it finding it insulting resorting to make them go around rather than acknowledge them. So, I do not tend to tail gate in these situations. I give a minute or two or three for them to see me in their mirror and give them opportunity to get over. If not, then I furiously drive around...sometimes at excess speed and cursing at the top of my lungs. lol

And, so goes post #6900 by yours truly.

#47 Surfguy, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  8. insane man

insane man Member

so people driving slower to save gas and perhaps even improperly on the left lane is dispositive of the country's lack of morality?

9. rfila

rfila Member

I told you I was trying ignore you and you just won't quit. OK, I give you my last reply for your satisfaction.

You said my examples were trivial for the topic and you come back with even more trivial one? That really defy the logic.

As for the rest of your comments, they just show how intelligent you are and how classy you are. I am not going to say it. let the board judge them.

10. BrooksBall

I'm not stopping you from ignoring me. You keep responding. :D

You love the attention anyways. That was the real point of this thread. The issue of morals in America isn't really that important to you based on several of your comments.

11. BrooksBall

The OP exaggerated his conclusion to get some mid-day attention on the internets.

12. rfila

rfila Member

Those things have been getting notablely worse the past couple of years, at least in the area I live...

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Such a small sample size. I'm from CA too and besides there being more cars and more traffic these days, the drivers are pretty much the same as always. You have the good ones and the bad ones.

14. rfila

rfila Member

It is in my opinion. If you read a few more lines, you can see my explaination. People blantaly sacrifize the society's interest to gain a minimal personal interest is very bad. The incresing number is a reflection of the decrese of the society morality. It is not the major part. it is,however, a good indicator because it is one of those daily things.

15. ymc

ymc Member

In all objective measure except military and weather, our brothers up north seems better than us now.... :(

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

please stop repeatedly quoting his posts - you are usurping the powers vested in the ignore feature

17. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

About a month ago I was driving down Congress and I saw a bum wearing nothing but a neon green thong swim suit just casually walking down the street. If anything, i'd say that shows more of a moral decay to our society than your traffic hooplah. Then again this is Austin. :confused:

18. BrooksBall

I saw a guy get mad because he ordered a burger with no pickles but they put pickles on it.

From that experience, I drew the conlusion that America is falling apart and the end of the world is approaching.

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

lol how about people calling cops for stupid reasons such as they didn't get their chicken nuggets at McDonalds?

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Isn't Austin a great town? :cool: