1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This country is getting worse, not just economy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rfila, Mar 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Which one is the first lane? The left side or right?

2. rfila

rfila Member

I have been thought along the line of your first point. I think it is part of my initial perception. The other part is due to the change of the society.

Driving slow itself is not the problem. Driving slow in fast line is.

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I still say your just whining.

Why don't you leave America? I hear the roads are great in India.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I'm MUCH better off today than I was in the 90's...Sorry that everything around you seems worse. Maybe it's you and not the country? Nah, it's probably easier to whine about everything else...

5. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

It's the one you're in, now move! :D

6. BrooksBall

Where are you from originally?

7. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

2 kinds of slow drivers-
    1. clueless people that probably shouldn't be driving.
    2. arrogant selfish bastards that don't care they are hosing everyone else up.

The ratio of clueless idiots probably has gone up somewhat disproportionately, but not at an alarming rate. On the other hand, the ratio of selfish bastards has skyrocketed. A sign of moral decay? I dunno, but it sure does make it annoying as hell getting to work sometimes.

8. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

As opposed to what country are we, as a nation, decaying more rapidly? Japan? China? Great Britain? I mean what country are we in danger of falling behind in terms of being a bastion of hope for people like yourself, my ancestors, and people looking to better their lives? In terms of acceptance of different cultures, races, and creeds?

Does that mean that the United States is free of bigotry and the like? No, but I personally believe there are far more accepting people in the United States than in most other countries. Heck, we are founded on it.

I understand that you are saying regardless of other countries, we certainly have problems here. What you are failing to realize is that, despite our problems, we are all still very much fortunate to live here.

9. rfila

rfila Member

Jack,
    I am grateful I am here and I still like this country. To be honest with you, I am not too confident with the direction this country is heading. I am not talking about the prsident. I am the overall quality of the society. I have seen the decay of the dignity and responsibility. I am wondering if it is only me. If it is not just me, it is not a good sign.

10. rfila

rfila Member

You can say whatever you want to say.
    I am here to talk about the society I live, not about my stay in which you really have no saying.

11. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

People wouldn't let you get off making a time-series comparison, without making a cross-sectional comparison...all because, you are an immigrant.

12. rfila

rfila Member

This was how I feel when I post. This kind of things add up little by little and is more difficult to correct than some specific fiancial mistakes.

13. BrooksBall

Again... where are you from originally?

Even if what you are getting at is true, my guess is that things were and are far worse in your native country.

Progress doesn't always move in a straight line or upwards. Sometimes things get a little bit worse before they get better. Expecting anything else is ignorant.

14. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

Is this a thread about the moral decay of western civilization or a thread about bad traffic habits? I am confused.

If its the latter, then maybe we should create a new thread on that subject because the two really have nothing in common.

15. rfila

rfila Member

Economically speaking, the US strength are: 1)high tech,2)finiancial system,3)resources. many contries are catching up in the high tech area. the current financial crisis may result in a new world financial system which the US will be not as dominate as it used to be and lose the big edge.

so with the law system less and less functional and quick more decay, it is worrysome.

Maybe you are right, we can find a way to get out. I am just wonding how.

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

lol the topic reminds me of this Colbert segment.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/esDcBwNpy1g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/esDcBwNpy1g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

17. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the OP is suggesting that the driving habits are evidence of a less polite society. I don't think it's been a hard and fast degradation of politeness, but I do agree with the general sentiment.

18. rfila

rfila Member

Well, I pay taxes, I contribute to the society, and I do not commit crimes. I think I am just as eligible on it as many "natives".

19. rfila

rfila Member

You do not realize from my last reply to you that I am trying to ignore you?
    I spend my time here for some discussion and share my feeling with those reasonable people, whether they agree with me or not.

20. rfila

rfila Member

I said this is just one of the many things(getting worse) you see everyday.
    Thank you for the understanding.