1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This conn shooting has brought up a personal struggle for me....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by eddiewinslow, Dec 15, 2012.

1. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

My fiancé has is from a poor family near the border so private care is out of the question and she has a sister there with a 13 year old daughter who I know is unstable. My fiancé feels this girl is a threat and so do I, the problem is her mom has tried giving her up bc of the threat to her other children(she beats them up,pulled a knife on one,etx). Well both times she's given her up to government services they've literally brought her back bc she's too much trouble.....I feel like there are many other threats like this out there....maybe Adam Lanza was one....how do you go about getting rid of this kid I mean giving them up to government care bc clearly there is nothing the parents can do for the child....I worry bc I hate my fiancé going home to visit her family bc of this girl she is literally a heartless animal if that's even possible to say abt a 13 year old I fear this girl one day is capable of awful things and she needs help ASAP

2. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

This is in Mexico I'm assuming. The government can just...give her back???

3. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

No it's Texas...border town

4. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OVbuD5xRwzo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Take her across the border and sell her to the mexican brothels in the bordertowns. Profit!

#5 BetterThanEver, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  6. Classic

Classic Member

Is there a dad around?

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a hard situation. I don't know the ins or outs at all. I'm sure to a young girl having her mother (the only person who is normally on a child's side no matter what) trying to give her up could complicate any issues already present. I feel horrible for that girl. I'm sure she has severe problems, and if she's already pulled a knife, there is little doubt she's a danger.

Is she usually a bully, or is she usually bullied? I would be more scared if she was usually bullied. The Columbine kids, and others are often those that bullied. Bullies themselves rarely perpetrate the mass killings.

Without knowing all of the parent/daughter issues it's impossible to say what can be done. Social services should at least be able to give information about parenting classes, therapy and other possible services. I don't know.

I wish for the best.

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

This.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i wouldnt give up on a 13 yr old..a lot of it is just the teenage in her...there has to be a reason for her going over the top like that, probably hatred against something or someone. I would look into boot camps or some kind of program that you can afford, like where inmates talk to her about bad decision and so on..

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Take her off the fast food and soft drinks.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yeah, I think something's missing from the story here, I don't see the government in whatever form OP is describing them "giving her back." If she's genuinely "too much trouble" she'd probably have done something criminal and they'd have stuck her in juvie, or she's a danger to others and herself and would therefore be committed. Get a lawyer and try to get a competency hearing in place, or start calling the cops on any assault or battery charges and the cops should handle it.

12. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

She's the bully....she gave her up for 3 or 4 months to a hospital, the hospital couldnt deal with her sent her to San Antonio and then in San Antonio they sent her to Laredo where they basically said shea fine and needed to go back to her mom....she's two faced one minute she's fine and playful next minute wants to hurt her siblings...it's nuts...she's been in foster care and returned...I mean how come you can give up babies at birth but not at a later stage...for te families own safety this girl needs to go and get help....yesterday really hit home

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Why don't you do the hard, RIGHT thing and adopt her once you're married to her aunt? The right choices ain't always easy.

14. Mr. Clutch

How is that the right thing?

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Unfortunately, she's "damaged goods".......a baby has a clean slate and that makes it easier to find a home for her and have some control over her mental development.

What does she want? At her age, she doesn't have many options. Would she rather not live with her family or she wants to stay there and be left alone? Does she think she can make it on her own?

16. Nero

Nero Member

Used to be, you could have someone like this institutionalized, but apparently someone thought that was a bad thing.

17. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

I mean I genuinely feel she's a threat now and in the future and yesterday made me feel the need to do something but what does one do call the cops and say I have a crazy 13 year old!?!? I mean yes she needs to be insititutionalized

18. VanityHalfBlack

At first I thought it read, This Coon shooting......

19. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

What a horrible, horrible thing to say! Sell her to an American brothel. Quit sending jobs out of the country!

2 people like this.
  20. Mr. Clutch

This thread has taken a disgusting turn.