1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Think you’ll still be a die hard fan by the time we are contenders again?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketStan, Jan 14, 2021.

1. RocketStan

RocketStan Member

I’ve been thinking about this a lot. I think we are due to be a middling team for the next decade. Fastest rebuilds I’ve seen are obviously the Lakers, Clippers Celtics, and Heat, but those are prime nba locations and will always draw free agents.

Houston is a good city and the rockets have a decent track record for getting FAs, but now with the NBA being a complete players league, you basically have to build a good foundational team and hope FAs come here, or get lucky and draft a generational player, which there are maybe 10 every decade.

the most likely scenario is this will become a full rebuild and will take about 7-10 years to be competitive again. I’ll be in my late 30s. I’ve been a huge fan my whole life, but going through a long drawn out rebuild, idk if I’ll make it. Not to mention if Tilman really as bad as GARM says he is, the Rockets just might be doomed like the Knicks .

feeling a little down in the dumps.. how are y’all getting through this situation?

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I personally don't mind watching rebuilding teams. As long as there is a direction. Although I'm not optimistic due to Tilman.

In hindsight losing Morey is a way bigger loss than Harden. Morey would have found a way for us to be rwlevent again regardless. Not sure if I can trust Patty Ferttatas

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

As pessimistic as I am about Tilman owning the team, yes I'll be around.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

for sure, I'm actually posting to be able to quote myself down the road. It's the cycle of life, and one thing you can count of on resented millionaires with ego issues, they feel the need to come back and show they are better. We will be back and we will be there.

6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

We are houston, if anything we are resilient. We suffered through oilers, astros in the 90s, then last decade, rockets post Hakeem, texans basically since their inception. We will find a way. There maybe years when we are rooting for development vs championship or playoff aspirations but it's sports l, there will always be something to be excited about (most of the time)

Patience and RocketStan like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

everyone should’ve known what this was once Harden is traded

the Rockets won just 1 playoff series in 15 years before Harden arrived, and missed the playoffs 8 times

many teams go well over a decade before they get back to the point when they can start even just dreaming about contention

8. monstamack

monstamack Member

Having never been a draft-watcher type of NBA fan, I'm interested to see what the front office does with the picks. Whole new aspect of the game to read about. The future is wide open, but I've watched every game since 2012-2013 so yeah I'm pretty much pot committed.

gogispade likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

It's different when you realize you suck. You generally just watch as a fan but the expectation and mindset is you're no longer going to win.

It's now that time for years and years of losing and no playoffs

10. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

I’m more interested in the team now than I was before they traded harden.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I've been a Rockets fan since 1991 and if you've been a fan or have followed this team since then (or longer) then you've seen everything. Things happen that we can't predict (Houston landing the #1 pick to draft Yao; trading for Harden; trading Harden). Tilman might be a cheapskate but at least the rookies the Rockets will be drafting with their picks are on a controlled rookie scale.

Patience and don grahamleone like this.
  12. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Yeah I agree about losing Morey over Harden, that's probably the worst possible scenario.

Listen we all knew Harden had ALOT of off court partying desires. I for one didn't know how much he loved partying, it didn't seem to affect his play at all. Oh well good riddance.

If we can figure out Wall/Vic with a healthy Woods/Cousins tandem we might get somewhere. Cousins just needs to focus his passions and drive onto staying on the court.

Cousins resigning if healthy would be a huge step in the right direction, we all know he can play but will he stay healthy and motivated ?

We have so many draft picks and Harden has never had a major injury, who knows if Harden keeps playing defense and doesn't take offensive plays off he's going to get injured and well get a good draft pick .

I've been a die hard Rockets fan since Yao was drafted way back when, been through the CD Era and recently through the Morey Era, I'm used to Houston sports not getting anywhere. Literally only 1 team per sport wins the trophy every year and MLB has been our sort of bright spot (minus the scandal, but come on look at the Patriots and they're spotty history).

I'll be here following more now because the Harden drama was annoying but seeing him take so many plays (offense and defense) off was truly annoying. I'm always down to root for the under dog!

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

all that ball movement and “heart” will be cute for a little while, and then the novelty will quickly wear off as the losses pile up...we’ll see who sticks around

this season is a waste, but I hope we tank hard starting next season

harold bingo likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This will be the worst era in Rockets history since pre-Olajuwon. Strap in for pain.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Nope. I'm losing interest in American league sports.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

By somewhere, do u mean we can get to the playoffs as the 8th seed and get smacked like we stole something?

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Pretty much all of us survived Pippen, Francis, TMac, Kevin Martin, and now Harden. Anyone here who isn't an -OF will be around.

18. Red Dagger

Red Dagger Member

Yes, I have nothing else to live for...

quaczar likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup. and I'll be here tracking all the folks that were whining about culture and ball movement. and still continuously getting smacked by 20+. it makes it better and much more enjoyable to watch they said lol

Reeko likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sure. you have B Mac to live for. what do the rest of us have? :cool:

21. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Down years separate the true fans from the bandwagon riders. Some of us have been CF members since the late 90s, and Rockets fans long before that. We're not going anywhere.