1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things you're really, really good at

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Vengeance, May 15, 2001.

1. haven

haven Member

1. Arguing - did quite well in debate, and over coffee [​IMG]

2. Writing (essays and fiction and poetry)

3. Inspiration - the inverse of one of my flaws; I always wait to the last minute, but I do tend to accomplish a great deal very quickly

4. Listening - I've been told by my friends that I'm good at cheering people up.

------------------
    I would believe only in a God who could dance. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Boston College - NCAA Hockey National Champions 2001

2. PhiSlammaJamma

I'll write a short story involving all of the stuff you listed, but the limerick and haiku I'll leave to somebody else. You'll have it by tomorrow. I'm headed home to watch some basketball!

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

3. Isabel

Isabel Member

I am good at:

-sleeping
    -putting things off
    -taking SATs (like that does any good now)
    -remembering lyrics to songs
    -mediocrity in just about everything

------------------
    Isabel,clutchcity.net lurker since 1996

All your base are belong to Heypartner. :)

4. Isabel

Isabel Member

OK, after my last response I saw that other thread. Given that, maybe I should post something more positive in this space. [​IMG]

I'm good at:
    -logic/ analytical ability/ taking standardized tests
    -spelling and grammar
    -meeting a challenge/ working toward a goal
    -making people laugh
    -the few times I've shot a gun, I was able to aim correctly EVERY time. But, before it scares anyone, I don't own any weapons and frankly it scares me to be near them. So I haven't done this much.
    -remembering song lyrics
    -attracting older men, though not the ones my own age. (if any of y'all think of yourself as "older", I'm married, forget it [​IMG] )
    -office work: typing, sorting, etc.
    -keeping track of things and people
    -(I used to be good at playing the piano, but it's been so long now... never put the effort into it I should have)
    -sarcastic remarks (a dubious "talent" that I've tried to rein in after realizing that I had a rude nickname and comment for nearly everyone I knew at one time [​IMG] )

------------------
    Isabel,clutchcity.net lurker since 1996

All your base are belong to Heypartner. :)

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Dribbling a Basketball , yes I have mad skills , Behind the back off the knees , Over the head .

Video Games , I can't stay on a Skateboard for 30 seconds but I can kick your ass on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 .

Not watching Movies , I've discussed this before .

Making people not answer my posts , I cant remember the last time I got 20 replies to a topic , My replies per post must be the lowest on this board ,

Remebering Information , I know alot about Sports thanks to this .

editing posts

pathetic signatures

------------------
    C-Webb ,
    C-Webb Run ,
    Run C-Webb! , Run to Houston!

[This message has been edited by moestavern19 (edited May 15, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by -StroShow- (edited May 15, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by moestavern19 (edited May 15, 2001).]

6. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Lying. I am the best liar in the world, no exceptions. I only hope I can continue to use this power for good, and not for evil.

Video Games. Especially the old school ones. I will dominate any one of the Super Mario Bros. games.

Remembering Song Lyrics. I don't know why.

Pontificating upon my own greatness.

Sarcasm. I can be such a jackass at times.

Taking tests. I don't know why, but I get higher scores and finish tests faster than people who spend a lot more work on the test. And I've been told I have horrible test-taking habits(in contrast to what the general train of thought says to do)

Filling in tiny bubbles on answer sheet with a No. 2 pencil. The only thing I ever got from the TAAS test.

Using unneccesarily large words when talking.

I have a well above-average sense of smell, it helps me obtain food.

Writing last minute papers. I do my best work at 2am the night before a paper is due. I don't know why but something just clicks.

Persuasive Speaking.

Driving.

Eating.

Sleeping.

------------------
    Charles Barkely on the Raptors defeating the Knicks in Round 1 :"I think it was the Lord. The Lord was with the Raptors. You know the Knicks like to talk so much about religion, but I think the Lord was a Raptor fan."

[This message has been edited by Puedlfor (edited May 15, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Puedlfor (edited May 15, 2001).]

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

When did this thread turn into vanity central? [​IMG]

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

8. Hydra

Hydra Member

Convincing people that I know a lot about a subject when in fact I am completely full of crap.

Test taking, why oh why do the damn profs need to count homework.

Flying under peoples radar, I am liked by almost everyone that I meet, not necessarily well liked, but even when I act like a d******d, I dont tend to piss people off.

Quietly accumulating hundreds of posts on the CC BBS. I feel like I am the most anonymous poster that has been steadily posting for 2 years.

Playing in the low post against much taller people. I guess this is why Charles Barkley is my favorite player, that and his personality, but I can back people down and drop the jump hook or spin to the other side and lay it up. I also rebound like a demon.

Computer games, I tend to beat things on the first try when other people fail for hours. I often try to handicap myself because I think the computer makes everything to damn easy!

Talking about how great I am. I am the best person in the world. If everyone was as good as me, this world would be a much better place. Why can't all of you catch up to my shining example of perfection.

Knowing good comedy television when I see it. Anyone who thinks Friends is funnier than Seinfeld is an idiot.

Thats enough for now, I don't want to overload the new server.

------------------
    You can't stick a porcupine in a barn, light it on fire, and expect to get licorice.

9. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

You have not a choice;
    You want a duck, not a fish.
    Tough cookies for you.

Up and down it goes.
    Down again, and there it stays.
    Mr T. can't yo.

(c'mon, you know, the verb, "to yo". give me something here)

A convict ran free.
    His stripey suit looked stupid;
    It gave him away.

One day when the sun was quite hot,
    A man wished to go for a trot.
    In Cairo he jumped
    on an elephant's rump
    and regretted it rather a lot.

Short story forthcoming...

------------------
    "I don't want to join a club that accepts people like me as members."

10. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

"But you know what, he's right." [​IMG]

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams and Lisa Malosky fan club.

atheistalliance.org

11. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

The Egyptian sun was blazing down upon a man wearing a black-and-white striped prisoner's outfit, crawling on his hands and knees across the vast desert. His face was bright red and his lips bloody and chapped from the heat and sand. His pitiful efforts gained him at most a few metres per minute, and at last he realized the futility of further struggle. He collapsed, face-first. Minutes later, clouds of sand rose in the distance and he heard the sound of galloping hooves. How odd, he thought, because when he was really miserable he thought in English. Camels don't gallop. With an effort, he sat up, peering with interest over the horizon at the approaching posse. A few seconds later found the horsemen circling the escapee, deriding the poor b*stard with such comments as "You poor b*stard! We will deride you in a derogatory fashion!" because when they were feeling smug with themselves, they talked in English. Gradually, though, the shape of the horses shifted. They grew, and large tentacles burst out of their eyes, and the riders became generally larger and more ominous-looking. This upset the poor man, who realized that he must be hallucinating and he wasn't even having the fun of doing it while on LSD. He was so overcome by the unfairness of it all that he died on the spot.
    A few years later, someone discovered his bleached bones. Interesting, thought the discoverer. Bleached bones. Perhaps I'll take them. And so he did.

WTF does that even mean??

P.S. You'll note I didn't even touch the "dry wit" bit. I think Phi should try this. =)
    ------------------
    "I don't want to join a club that accepts people like me as members."

[This message has been edited by Zac D (edited May 15, 2001).]

12. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

1. I am a wealth of all kinds of useless trivia. I think I can name where any NBA player played in college without cheating. Music trivia too, although I would not take Jeff on.

2. I am a quick learner. I was blessed with the same technical aptitude that my father has (thank God).

3. I am organized.

4. I am a neat freak, so I am good at keeping my house clean.

------------------
    My doctor says I am bipolar. I am going to get a second opinion. I have never had intimate desires for polar bears.

13. Gascon

Gascon Member

Impressions.

I'm the greatest NBA LIVE 99 player living on this planet. [​IMG]

Reading people.

Acting (I hope).

Writing (I hope).

Damned good at Spades, too. [​IMG]

------------------
    Gascon

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

15. PhiSlammaJamma

It was immediately done.

He spat out some blood and then wiped some from his face. He stopped, as a last test, and they all stopped. Every elephant in the herd was standing still. After a long pause, he advanced and looked upon the body as it struggled. The White stripes were followed by black. The black stripes were followed by white. And then the pattern broke into blood.

The zebra assembled it eyes upon the pack of thieves. And in turn, the herd of elephant eyed it in the way that a serpent would eye a bird. In the remainder of its life the striped creature was anatine in movement, panting and struggling for a few yards, and then stopping to take a breath. Yes. That’s how it died exactly. Stopping to take a breath. It’s body tilted and fell to dead.

Shouldering a heavy trunk the great elephant stopped a few feet from his kill, and then rolled the dead body toward it’s mouth, as a child would roll a yo-yo. The herd of elephants went silent. They did not move. They did not breathe. They simply watched the great beast roll his kill. The blood began to smear along his tusk.

After wiping his face in the way that an escaped convict would do, and after laboring along for a few feet, the great elephant placed the kill near his pack of thieves. He moved some quarter of a mile away from the meal. It was then and not sooner, that he let out thunderous noise. The conductor had signaled for the feast to begin. The herd’s manner became curious and they crept forward with a damp hunger. Suddenly, and without notice, they charged the pile of carcass and blood. At a great rate they moved forward. Their hunger consumed them, and just as they reached the kill, the great beast turned toward them and they all returned his look. The great elephant raised his trunk, trudged toward the meal, and began to feast. The herd retraced their steps, sometimes turning back in hunger, but always moving further away from the kill. The great beast had taught them a lesson they wouldn’t soon forget. Sometimes you don’t get what you want. And yet, their hunger grew in the way that an Egyptian Sun grows in the desert. It was always there, and full of thirst.

Mr. T. silently watched from his Jeep.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

16. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Building things.

I'm a regular Tim the tool man Taylor around the house, but without all the trips to the ER. I've added a bedroom to my house, a dark room in the garage, and I just recently completed a patio cover with dual ceiling fans and a bug zapper. I never use any drawing or plans either. I just picture in my mind what I want to do and build it.

------------------
    I always thought "With my talent, it's only a matter of time before I'm discovered". Now I think "With my talent, it's only a matter of time before I'm found out".

17. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Well done PSJ. I especially liked the part with the elephant.

------------------
    We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town.

18. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Holy crap, Behad!!! Don't think I'll forget about this skill when I get ready to remodel my recording studio later this year!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    The internet is about the free exchange and sale of other people's ideas. - Futurama

19. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Jeff,

If you're willing to let an un-bonded, un-insured, amateur carpenter into your studio with a truck load of power tools, then I'm your man. I work cheap! [​IMG]

------------------
    I always thought "With my talent, it's only a matter of time before I'm discovered". Now I think "With my talent, it's only a matter of time before I'm found out".

20. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Things I am good at:

computer games-for some reason I pick these up really easy and can finish them pretty fast. Always have been able to do this since the old Atari days.

Painting miniatures-dont know why but I can paint the eyes on a 2 inch Warhammer figure and make it look great. but cant paint a room to save my life.

Fixing computer hardware-I have the strange ability to make even the worst piece of crap computer usable.

Making friends. I just get along with most people pretty well.

80's music lyrics/artists

------------------
    "I may be mistaken, but I'm never wrong" -Barkley