1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things you're really, really bad at?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BrianKagy, May 14, 2001.

1. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

I was thinking of posting this topic a couple of weeks ago, but I couldn't convince myself to swallow my pride and start a thread about my faults of all things... I think most people are like that, too. Who wants to dwell on things you're no good at?

OK. But I'm over that. So, here are some things I suck at:

1) Lining up my car with the tire-stop in those gas-station drivethru carwashes. I am, modesty aside, an excellent driver (if a bit lead-footed). But the one thing I've never mastered, the one thing that was more challenging than parallel parking by far, is getting my left front tire to rest snugly in that groove they provide in drive-through carwashes.

WTF?!??! Why is that so hard? I have to roll my window down and stick my head out like a dog to line up right-- and when I do that, I get a face full of foam as my reward. [​IMG]

2) Controlling my temper in regards to little things. Oh, the money I've spent replacing joysticks and the like after a video-game-induced tantrum. Jeez, as recently as last week I tossed down my Playstation controller and screwed up the DualShock thing. I don't know why, either. It's silly.

3) Taking arguments personally. Case in point, my argument with RocketmanTex a few weeks back. I really regret that one. I definitely crossed a line, hell several lines, and couldn't think of a way to extricate myself without wounding my pride (the horror!)

So, Tex, if you're out there: sorry. I was a jerk in that thread (and in many threads) and I regret that I couldn't keep it civil. I apologize.

------------------
    BK: "Hey coach, great season. Thanks!"

Rudy: "Thanks guys, appreciate the support."

This really happened.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think we all can empathize with #3
    Sometimes I play Devils Advocate too much
    and too long. . . .

PROCRASTINATION is something I cannot get over
    I know what to do
    I know how to do it
    I just don't . . .. .

Rocket River

------------------

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Procrastination gets me too.
    Also cutting straight. When it comes to cutting things out with scissors I cannot cut straight to save my life.

Ck

------------------
    CC.Net Sim Homepage
    For stats, standings and team information.

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Remembering Names -- NO QUESTION, that is my worst. I know and am friends with people whose names I don't know!! Anyone got any ideas? I've done things to keep me remembering names, but it's a lot of work.

------------------
    "Up and down, inside out, outside in, some you lose some you win"
    -- DMB -> "Sweet Up and Down"

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Calling my Family and seeing my relatives
    Listening
    Hockey
    Taking care of my contact lenses
    Finishing what I started

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

6. Band Geek Mobster

I'm really bad at listening to people. I swear if I'm talking to someone, and they're talking about themselves, I just totally zone out. Then after nodding my head for a half a minute, I start talking about myself again because that seems more interesting to me. So now I'm going to stop talking about myself...

------------------
    You must always give the Dream back his change!

7. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

8. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Well I guess that gives you one more basketball skill than Cato [​IMG]

------------------
    CC.Net Sim Homepage

9. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

The things I enjoy most, I suck at:

1) Sex: everything's fine until she makes noises.

2) Snowboarding: I rarely ever take chances anymore.. and the 'chances' I take aren't daredevil relative to most of my peers at Brighton. Also, I'm 28... falling down hurts now (plus I know someone that's stoked to be wiggling his fingers right now).

3) Fly Fishing: Damn after a few hours I start casting into the trees across the river. Stay focused! I also won't nymph when I need to nymph (I always loose the strike indicators, and then I feel bad about the **** floating down the river).

------------------
    women love me, fish fear me.

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

1. procrastination.

2. remembering peoples names.

3. Not getting annoyed too easily by stupid things.

4. keeping in contact with people.

------------------
    snap crackle pop

11. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Handling money - God help me!
    Taking things personally
    Hypochondria - actually, I do that well. [​IMG]
    Staying focused (what did I just say?) [​IMG]

------------------
    The internet is about the free exchange and sale of other people's ideas. - Futurama

12. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Doggone, y'all, if I hadn't started this thread and was instead just chiming in after reading your lists, I'd have just about everything on this page on my list! [​IMG]

RM95, God made you a decent-sized dude for a reason. You oughta be out there cracking heads.

I'm still bad about swearing. Fully 90 percent of the "Brian Patrick Kagy!" admonishments I get from my girlfriend are profanity-related. [​IMG]

13. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Drawing. I can't draw to save my life.

Procrastination.

I'm not really a clutch guy. I forget things on stage, and I was always a good practice player who couldnt' do things well in games. I'm just a nervous guy I guess.

Balancing the checkbook. Impossible.

I think I also read into people's behavior or the things they say sometimes. That's a flaw and sometimes I SHOULD take things at face value. I'm too suspicous.

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

14. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Kagy, I've maybe been tempted to get in a fight once or twice in my life. Despite my temper tantrums that may involve throwing stuff across the room (another thing I'm bad at), I've never felt compelled to actually use violence on anyone. Needless to say, I've never been in a fight.

To be honest, I feel sorry for the person who does get me that pissed off.

------------------
    www.swirve.com
    "Pre-born, you're fine, pre-school, you're f*****."-George Carlin

16. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

RM95: You too??? Maybe we should form some sort of non-confronters support group! [​IMG]

------------------
    The internet is about the free exchange and sale of other people's ideas. - Futurama

17. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

My wife does the same thing. Doesn't it drive you nuts for her to use your middle name. It is like something my mother would do. [​IMG]

------------------
    CC.Net Sim Homepage

18. davo

davo Contributing Member

LOL! What happens when she starts making noises, do you lose concentration or something? [​IMG] Achebe, the man who demands complete silence for the act of love. Her making noises is usually an indicator that you are doing it well man!

As for snowboarding and not taking chances - young bones heal well but bones pushing 30 take a long time. I learned my snowboarding lesson the hard way. I would say my propensity to take risks snowboarding is inversely proportional to the number of days I have left on the mountain.

Things I do bad:

Most definitely procrastination (I see a pattern forming amongst BBS'ers)

Throw (like a baseball). I actually can throw quite well, but distance is pathetic.

Shoot mid range jumpers. Inside 3 feet or or from the 3 point line I'm a good chance. Anything in between and its a lottery.

Timing - always running late.

------------------
    ..as a man danced so the drums were beaten for him.
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

19. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Not my concentration my control. I'll just say that I can be horrible or great at it, depending upon my wife's ability to act bored for a while. [​IMG]

------------------
    women love me, fish fear me.

20. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

I'm really bad at making up my mind...no wait thats not true.

------------------
    "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever."