1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things to do in San Diego??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BiGGieStuFF, Jan 3, 2012.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

only one mention of La Jolla and just the cliffs?

wow..this bbs is slipping.

okay I am from Houston and lived in San Diego since 2007.

For starters if you are going to get whores or blow lines then yes go to Mexico Tijuana(TJ). Otherwise I WOULD RECOMMEND NOT TO GO TO TJ.

But if you insist on whoring and snorting lines let me help guide you:

First off DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CAR INTO MEXICO. REPEAT DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CAR INTO MEXICO. Park your car on the USA side and you can walk across the footbridge into Mex.

Once across you can grab a taxi for $3-5 that will take you near Revolucion street where all the bars are (don't waste your time) If you are looking for that Matamoros dingy drink a bunch of shots from a dude with a tequila backpack then yeah fine TJ but only on SAT night and AFTER the bars close at 130 here in SD.

So have the taxi keep on going past Revolucion and head straight to the w**** houses. They are pretty funny. Out of 70 women in each place probably 65 of them you wouldnt let them pay you to have sex ,but there is always a few that are smoking hot. like 9plus.. I saw an ivanka trump lookalike and she was getting taken to the woodshed every 5 minutes (rightly so)

So the whorehouses are Adelitas, Chicago Bar, and Hong Kong. Dont waste your time with Purple Rain unless its like 5am and everywhere else is closed. I have some good purple rain stories but..

Adelitas and Hong Kong are the better and I swear the Hong Kong whorehouse is the basis for the whorehouse on Marsville in total recall. I mean all it's missing is the chick with 3 t***. if you are lucky you might see her here too:
    [​IMG]

At hong kong whorehouse they have this whipped cream bathtub where they spread this white paste resembling plaster of paris all over their bodies then laborworker guys come up and rub dollar bills on them. Then they shower on this shower stage..the snake show at adelita is a hoot too. Crazy **** man.

If you want coke the taco stand guys by bar Chicago will help you out. Really though its not the kind of place to take a girlfriend unless she is freaky deaky like that and you like hard living. One time, I was accosted by the police on entry back to USA and they stole money from our pockets while frisking us. Super shady cops.

Also you dont HAVE to have a passport but now if you come back without one, they put you in a special gimp line that makes it to where they quiz you, and make you wait and process each person 15- 20 minutes per person.. with a line of 50 people. They do it on purpose so you won't make the same mistake again.. So it can be excruciating.. Even if you do have a passport the line to walk back into USA on Sunday day can literally be 3-4 hours.

As for San Diego where are you staying?

Gaslamp is fine to walk around and has some restaurants etc but basically it's a common downtown area.. not much else really about it. as mentioned Rei do gado in gaslamp is a brazilian churrasco type place, and has a great lunch special price I believe $20 per person at the right time. Houston is about eating, SD not so much. yeah fish tacos are popular and most places have them.

If you are going to go to Blacks Beach I highly recommend Torrey Pines Nature Preserve. Its not the Torrey Pines golf course everyone is talking about , its a nature preserve just north of that. It has pretty cool rock formations and sits on the beach
    [​IMG]

To see the cliffs you should drive up to the top parking area and I believe it costs $8 to park. Nice nature wak.. Driving back down you can park right at bottom of the entrance of the nature preserve, park for free and then walk on to blacks beach. Everytime I have been to black beach it has been naked gay dudes holding hands, so not sure how far along the beach you want to walk ..but you can get the beach view of those same cliffs. They used to have a full moon drum circle on blacks beach but I am not sure if they are doing that anymore. good times.

As for La jolla do you like clubbing baby seals? Perhaps you just like seals? well then take your gal to the 'childrens pool' in la jolla. They have seals sitting on the beach there, and its a neat thing to see seals that close.. waves crashing in. Nice atmosphere.
    [​IMG]

From there keep heading north and go check out la jolla, and the la jolla cove:

[​IMG]

cliffs are nice too as mentioned , and they have walking path along cliffs heading north out of la jolla that are picturesque.

As for the Texans game I recommend the Pacific Beach/Mission Beach area where I am at or downtown gas lamp.

Garnet Avenue in pacific beach has a nice string of bars. For game watching I would say Millers Field, Johnny Vs, or Pacific Beach bar and grill. The pacific beach bar and grill will probably have the most 'sports bar' game atmosphere and I am sure you will find some texans fans there. All the smaller bars will be playing the game but PB bar and grill and Millers will have the most people.. although remember it is San Diego and unless the chargers are playing or the patriots/giants it can be hit or miss as to how many people. Safe bet would be PB grill or Millers.

In pacific beach and mission beach they have a nice promenade and it might be nice to rent a bike and ride from garnet to mission beach. Here is what the promenade looks like:

[​IMG]

lots of volleyball and laying out.

mission beach is more the touristy area, and you can get there by the front boardwalk from garnet.

For eating in Pacific beach moondoggies (next to PB bar and grill) has a nice outside area for eating in the daytime.

As for eating in general don't get too excited but I forgot to mention in la jolla theres georges on cove:

[​IMG]

You dont have to drop 400 on a meal and can go to the top terrace bar have a drink etc and eat somewhere else for less. highly recommended.

If you need weed go to ocean beach pier look for the hippies that DONT look like DaDakota.

The aircraft carrier supposedly is cool but I cant see a girlfriend wanting to see aircraft carrier.

Another nice area is coronado. Its got a truman show feel to it, and the beach at coronado is very wide. Always rates high on the top beaches list of USA beaches. The hotel del mar is good for a stop by and scene of marilyn monroes 'some like it hot'

[​IMG]

Seaworld if you like shamu shows and can't get to San antonio..
    Lego land if you are 14 years old.

looks pretty damn nice outside today so I hope it is not overcast when you come. If its cloudy then go to the nature preserve and watch the game on garnet.

1 person likes this.
  2. Band Geek Mobster

3. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

I was just in San Diego last week. We stayed at Loews Coronado Resort in Coronado and at Sheraton La Jolla. The Coronado resort was very nice. You can rent bikes there, kayaks, boats, sailboats. You can take a ferry into town from there, or rent a boat and take it to town.

If you like beer, go to the Toronado. Stone Brewing Co in Escondido is also very nice, and surprisingly massive. Coronado Brewing has a great IPA. I didn't go, but Ballast Point Brewing would be worth checking out too if you like hops.

If you are in decent shape, surf. Rent surfboards. Learn to surf, if you don't already know how. Almost every beach we went to had good waves while I was there.

We also rented bikes in Mission beach and cruised around Mission beach and Pacific beach. This area is pretty flat. So, a good spot for a bike ride if you don't ride much.

30th St Cafe has good, inexpensive breakfast. And it's just a couple blocks from the Toronado.

Porkyland, a Mexican restaurant in La Jolla was also good. And it's called Porkyland, so I pretty much had to eat there. Good pastor and good carnitas.

Most of the towns up the coast from SD are beautiful and worth checking out. La Jolla, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Encinitas, Carlsbad.