1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

things to do in Corpus Christi

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by body slam, Jun 9, 2013.

1. body slam

body slam Member

Thinking about heading to Corpus for a few days. Looking for some general info were to stay, eat, things to do. The only thing I'm planning on doing is going to a Hooks game. I don't do well on boats so a fishing trip is not a really a option.

thanks in advance

2. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I actually just made this trip a few weeks ago for the day to see a hooks game with some friends. Whataburger field is great, I suggest getting the babe ruth hotdog (hotdoginside of a sausage and wrapped in bacon) other than that I would suggest the beach, aquarium, or the Lexington if you're into that kind of thing. Before the game we went to the icehouse across the street from the ballpark which I would suggest as well. My opinion here is that a few days might be too much if you're only trying to go to a hooks game. We made the trip up and back in one day, but it would have worked out well if we had stayed the night to avoid getting home at 2am

3. jvu

jvu Member

Fishing pretty much it

4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Whataburger Field is great as is Brewster Street Icehouse. Padre Island National Seashore is nice for some beach time. Drive down to Schlitterbahn and South Padre for the day. Doesn't seem to be much of a nightlife. When I was there a year or so ago, downtown Corpus was pretty dead.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I drove to Corpus at the end of April for one night to catch two Hooks games (Saturday night, then Sunday matinee). As others said, Brewster Street was pretty much the best spot for before the game, considering the amazing bar food and Texas beer selection on tap, and after -- they have a lot of live music on the weekends. There were a couple of museums across from the field, too, if you're looking for stuff to do in the afternoon.

I stayed at the Best Western Marina Grand... decent hotel on the bay, nice bar/lounge on the top floor overlooking the water, less than 5 minutes to the Whataburger Field area. Wasn't that pricey. There a place to rent paddleboats and other water things right across the street... I know you're not a boat person, but it can be fun for 30 minutes or so. There's also a few bars in the area they call the "market" in downtown. Oh, and if you're at all a Whataburger fan, the original one is on Shoreline in downtown Corpus... worth a stop just to say you've been. :)

Fun trip, but I wouldn't stay more than a couple days unless you're really into Padre and staying out on the beach.

6. ashiin

ashiin Member

Smoke a lot of meth, meet a lot of fat chicks.

7. platypus

platypus Member

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I was there in the omni for a conference last year and I hated it.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

pretty good thai restaurant on water street called thai spice. the husband works the front and the wife does the cooking. cool ambiance, friendly staff and really tasty grub.

9. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Commit suicide. Rinse, repeat.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Selena memorial. Vistit two story Whataburger. Beach. Military ships?

11. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Look up these guys, you'll never want to leave after that

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LHboobTuf5I?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LHboobTuf5I?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

They show like the same 3 buildings in the whole video. lol

13. jvu

jvu Member

Sleep. Watch tori black on laptop

14. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

The sad part is that Whataburger is the highlight of the entire video

15. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Surprise twist: There are only three buildings in all of Corpus Christi.

17. body slam

body slam Member

It will be a long weekend trip. Drive down on Friday. Little site seeing and Hooks on Saturday. Drive back Sunday.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Umm, that was ****ing amazing. From the comically bad hook to the fat one holding a Big Gulp cup (why???), it was just perfect.

19. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Slight problem. Hooks are currently on the road and will not be back until Sunday.

20. da1

da1 Member

Aria is a nice club