1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things that suck!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Surfguy, Jan 2, 2023.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn sorry to hear that. I’ve had a banged up swollen knee. The stiffness I almost worse than the pain.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

So, I line up the repair guy to seal the vent pipe post-water heater install. I call up to schedule the water heater install again and it's like, "The plumber who came out last week is on vacation until Nov. 20th". Umm. "I can send a new plumber out but he'll give you a new estimate. Send us your original estimate from the plumber on vacation and we will honor it." I be like...no....I want the new plumber to give me his estimate and then I'll choose the cheaper estimate of the two. Then, she be like "Send us the original estimate now as the installation manager wants it". And, I be like...if I send you the original estimate now, then I would be tipping my hand as to the original installation estimate and then how do I know what the new installation estimate will be and that estimate would be under the cloud of them knowing the old estimate? If the new estimate is lower, then I want that one. They could already have the old estimate but it doesn't sound like it as the guy who took it is on vacation until the 20th. lol. It took a bit of conversation and a couple of times on hold to get that sorted out. lol. Who doesn't want the option of choosing the better estimate of the two? Come on, man! These plumbers work for the same company doing install services but they are giving different estimates based on the plumber. Hmm. Subjective much?

#82 Surfguy, Nov 13, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    ROCKSS and Xerobull like this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Whole thing is a red flag.

Nook and Ubiquitin like this.
  4. Surfguy

Anyone have one of those rainfall shower heads with the side spray attachment? Or, do they suck?

Do you prefer one with spray modes? Or, do they suck?

Things that suck. Or, do they?

Ubiquitin likes this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I bought this brand of one from Amazon for $49 and I really like it. It was easy to install too, and I had absolutely no experience doing it.

the AquaDance Store
    4.5 4.5 out of 5 stars 8,451Reviews
    Antimicrobial/Anti-Clog High-Pressure 30-setting Rainfall Shower Combo by AquaDance with Microban Nozzle Protection from Growth of Mold Mildew & Bacteria for Stronger Shower! Wave Blue

1. [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

6. [​IMG]

7. [​IMG]

Surfguy likes this.
  6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a rainfall one. It's nice but it needs high flow to feel right. The side spray attachment however has fallen out of its holder more times than it should have and is now damaged.

My favorite shower heads are these: https://a.co/d/ePA7CY0

Surfguy likes this.
  7. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I just replaced my head and attachment.....................tip, make sure you take out the water regulator or you will be sad on the water pressure, water restriction be dammed!!

Surfguy and Ubiquitin like this.
  8. Surfguy

I haven't bought a showerhead in a long time. The square rain ones with a side sprayer are intriguing. I always had the round shower head with the multiple spray modes but I find I rarely use them and just keep it on continous spray. So, I started thinking toward the square rainfall ones that provide a downpour. But, the absence of pressure...I may miss that. I like the idea of the sprayer so I can use it to clean the shower with. I always have to use a plastic pitcher to pour water down the walls when cleaning them. And, it takes a while just to fill it up and is time consuming. If you're like me, then you use the fixed round showerhead swivel to do your best but it never points where you need it to and is limited.

I was looking at these:

Basic Kohler that is highly reviewed:

Then, there is something like rounded rain on the real cheap side:

I do have the deposits that form on the head and that need to be cleaned. As far as microbials and stuff like that, it's intriguing but I never gave it much thought as far as the quality of the water. But, I will check it out to see if it's a feature I need. It looks like the one product posted by @deb4rockets has some color flare to it based on this microbial feature. Does it have to be that color for it to do its microbial warfare? lol. An "always falling" sprayer head attachment is a deal-breaker on that one...maybe. The one I was considering...I think you can waterfall and spray from its attachment at the same time (oh yours does that, too; doesn't seem that useful of a capability; shower and clean the shower at the same time...lol). But, no microbials on the one I'm looking at. Hmm.

[​IMG]

Haven't had a shower in two weeks. Water heater is coming today. Please happen. Now, whether I run up to Home Depot to buy a new showerhead to mark this occassion, I'm on the fence. I don't like looking at my deposit crusty showerheads and thinking about sticking my head under that. I'm also feeling kind of lazy about cleaning them and breaking out the yucky CLR liquid.

The best compromise I'm thinking about doing is...the rainfall square showerhead with sprayer in the master and the kohler in the spare bath. Then, both of best worlds.

Gonna go to Home Depot and get some new showerheads! Then, I'm going to get some new sprinklerheads!

[​IMG]

#88 Surfguy, Nov 15, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
    CrazyJoeDavola and ROCKSS like this.
  9. Surfguy

New guy gave me a higher estimate by $75. So, I pulled the other estimate out and explained how he was price matching against his own company. That got a laugh.

ROCKSS, Ubiquitin and boomboom like this.
  10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

At least they were *reasonably* close.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  11. Surfguy

Yes.

He couldn't understand how the other guy arrived at the price he did. lol. This new guy came in wanting to replace the water lines and do more plumbing for the T&P valve than was needed. Then, he looked at the other estimate and was like "okay...I guess I can do it this way" but still couldn't figure out how he arrived at that cheaper estimate. lol. The other estimate was written in haste by the original guy so I wonder if I didn't trip him up...as he basically did it on his way out.

The new water heater came with a brass valve. I guess Rheem finally wised up on the plastic drain valve. So, I get to return the brass valve(s) I bought and get back around $40.

All is well now. Hot water is glorious!
    [​IMG]

You know what's also funny and I did this subconsciously by including pictures of Will Ferrell from "Old School" in some of these posts. The original guy that came out's name was Blue.

You're my boy, Blue! You gave me the cheaper estimate! Enjoy your vacation!

[​IMG]

I close my eyes...just a single moment but the moment's gone.

#91 Surfguy, Nov 15, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
  12. Surfguy

This looks promising and I like the price point. I might get this one and just the round one without the sprayer.

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

If you're gonna call yourself Surfguy you shouldn't have this much trouble with water

Nook likes this.
  14. Surfguy

I was always a terrible surfer.

15. Buck Turgidson

Goofy foot