1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things that suck!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Surfguy, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Came here to say this.

Also, was disappointed at how long it took for a vacuum to come up.

Surfguy likes this.
  2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Don't get me started on the Shark vacuum. A few stupid clips break and now I’m using duct tape and bungee cords to keep it together. Sigh!

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  3. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Can a plumber rig a work around and just plumb directly to the unit's intake and output with pvc and good ole' plumbers compound?

4. Surfguy

Seems highly suspect or else why would pool heaters need this flange? This thing bolts on to a metal component. I dunno. I'm just going to plumb the heater out. No biggie. I'll replace the heater down the road when I fix re-plaster my pool. The plaster is in bad shape. I think it is original plaster from 23 years ago. lol. Its got some issues, i.e. etching, deposit build-up, one crack. As long as it holds water and the system works. Piece of ****! It's a money sucker. I'm not so great at keeping up with the chemicals. So, that doesn't help.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

What is the make and model of your heater and what is the specific model name and number for the part?

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Sounds like it may not suck.

7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

The Rockets

I had hoped this was the year the suckage was reduced.

8. Surfguy

Pentair PacFab MiniMax Plus 400. The part number is in the product link above. It is a Pentair 075284 Quick Flange Replacement Kit Pool and Spa Heater. It is discontinued and I haven't been able to find a local supplier with one. I did check eBay as well and several other online pool supply retailers. I can't find this part like I can't find a house in Tuscany!

9. Xerobull

I'm seeing it all over the internet for $50-100.

https://poolsupplydelivery.com/products/pentair-powermax-minimax-quick-flange-kit

10. Surfguy

11. Xerobull

Buy 2.

12. Surfguy

Wow...I hope I just didn't get scammed. The website let me check out with payment information and everything. Then, it says "this site cannot place real orders". WTF? I looked into the website before I ordered. From what I saw, it said it wasn't a scam. I tried calling the contact number. Disconnected. So, I just submitted credit card info for an order that wasn't placed. I checked my credit card account and it didn't show the payment. But, now they potentially have my credit card info? Sigh. I hope they just closed down and didn't record the data. Nice website. Never would have thought it would come back with that. F**K!

Any other links? Guess I'll be keeping a closer eye on my credit card account.

13. Xerobull

Yikes.

clos4life and jiggyfly like this.
  14. Surfguy

It looks like they used to be legit. They are on social media but their updates just stopped. They just fell off the face of the earth apparently. I found some people complaining about orders going unfulfilled. So, I guess they did the least amount possible to shut their business down and splashed a message on the checkout page saying your order was not placed. Very strange to leave the website up like that. I should have known when it said it was in stock because I don't think it is anywhere. I went through many sites. Just not this one. I'm sure they had some before they fell of the face of the earth.

I've been burned before on a purchase where I bought something online, the items were to ship as they were received by the business, they charged the full amount, they closed down, and I'm out several hundred dollars because they just fell off the face of the earth with no refunds. I received very little of my order that time. I just couldn't believe a company could get away with that. I'm sure I wasn't the only one burned.

I've got my account set up to text me if any charges over $100 show up. I think it will be okay, though.

15. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I wonder if a plumber could jerry-rig the modern flange kit to the old one.

Xerobull likes this.
  16. Surfguy

Not sure. I wonder if I can just use Flex Seal to seal the cracks? lol

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Texans

Rashmon and VooDooPope like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Air travel..

I've been flying a lot this past month and even under the best of conditions it still sucks. I love traveling but I hate actually traveling.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

20. Surfguy

I came up with this skit I imagine to be animated that combines characters from SNL, South Park, The Simpsons, Family Guy, etc. where the actors in "Jaws" are replaced with characters from these shows. For example, I was imagining scenes in my head where:

Chief Brody - Gumby
    Quint - Randy Marsh
    Matt Hooper - Mr. Bill
    Ellen Brody - Lois Griffin
    Ben Meadows - Peter Griffin
    Michael Brody - Stewie Griffin
    Mother on ferry (who lost son and slaps Chief Brody) - Agnes Skinner
    Chrissie Watkins (first shark victim) - Sharon Marsh
    Deputy Lennie Hendricks - Homer Simpson

The thing that sucks is I can't drawer it out cause I suck at drawering.

#60 Surfguy, Jan 5, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2023