1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things that suck!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Surfguy, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I can tell you that this is nowhere near the level of minutiae and components that an iPhone disassembly has. Just look at the screws.

2. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are these parts that might be 3D printed?

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Have you done it?

4. Surfguy

You know what? I was thinking about that. The part is mostly intact except for a crack. This is the part. It's the plastic. It attached by bolts to some metal part (have to look at what that is here) and has internal gaskets. I dunno. It seems like it could be. I have zero experience with 3d printing. Does Kinko's do that? How does it work? It's got to hold up to a pressure system and be strong enough to handle gluing two 40 PVC pipe lines. Hmm. Between the picture and what I have left of the part, can they combine that data and 3d print a new one? lol. I know what your next question is going to be, "What do you think we live in...the world of the Jetsons?". Well...were almost there.

#24 Surfguy, Jan 3, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Curbside pickup sucks at most places. HEB and Target have it down, but I don't know if anyone else does.

Did a curbside pickup order at Home Depot today and it sucked. Waited 20 minutes after arriving and checking in before I just went inside and grabbed it myself. Had similar **** curbside experiences at Chipotle and Dominos. I don't know why these companies continue to offer this service if they don't have the capability to carry it out. I don't mind going into a store to grab a thing, so if that's you're only option then that's fine. But don't advertise curbside knowing your store sucks ass at it.

6. Surfguy

I've been eating some salted nuts. Why are salted nuts so extreme on the saltiness? And, then, when they say the nuts are 'lightly salted'...they are still too salty! How hard is it to just barely salt the nuts to where you notice it but it's not so present that your mouth lights up? Do I have to come out with my own salty nuts? And, we wonder why everyone has high blood pressure. A-holes!

Buck Turgidson and Ottomaton like this.
  7. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I hate ****ing kids that go to the gym in groups and hog one machine while they talk to themselves. :mad:

clos4life likes this.
  8. Xerobull

I've replaced the battery (and other parts) in many, many electronics including iPhones.

9. Xerobull

You just need to roll up like Tommy Boy.

[​IMG]

10. Surfguy

Oops...got the model wrong. It's the Harmony Ultimate. The first search I did....the first thing that came up is it is unreplaceable but I believe people have been doing it. Have you ever replaced the battery on this model?

Found this:

Logitech Harmony Ultimate Battery Replacement - iFixit Repair Guide

I don't like prying **** away from small motherboards. I break **** in those situations. lol

#30 Surfguy, Jan 3, 2023
  11. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Tommy likey!

Xerobull likes this.
  12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Your mother, Trebek.

13. Surfguy

[​IMG]

JumpMan likes this.
  14. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't have any direct experience with 3D printing either, but it sounded like a possibility from the way you described the parts. If you have the part mostly intact, as you say, it's likely there are places in the Houston area that can print it.

15. Surfguy

Yea...the problem is the broken fitting is plumbed for PVC pipe inside the flange. If they print it as is, then there is nowhere for the new PVC pipe to insert for the IN/OUT. lol. That's why you need the picture. It's hopeless.

You know who I'm really mad at is Pentair...the maker of this pool heater. They made a business decision to no longer support parts for their older pool heaters damn well knowing they are still out there where they want you to throw out a perfectly good pool heater and turn around and buy a new one from them again. And, I think that just sucks! Double dumbass on them...as Captain Kirk would say. SUPPORT YOUR PRODUCTS U DIPSH!TS!

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

HOA fees for a swimming pool I don't use

clos4life likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

@Surfguy, @Xerobull...

How salty are your nuts? A little salty? A little too salty? Way too salty?

Yall need to be specific, then someone can get you the proper nuts that you need.

clos4life and jiggyfly like this.
  18. Xerobull

Unsalted deluxe.

19. Buck Turgidson

Your nuts still suck, btw.

New Mex hot green chili pistachios are the best nuts

#39 Buck Turgidson, Jan 3, 2023
  20. Xerobull

But they’re deluxe.