1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things That Annoy You

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kevooooo, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Are you me? Except the panhandlers (their lives are miserable, cut them some slack) and groceries (look at the expiration when shopping, bruh) parts.

The yield and no right on red is probably the top of my list. ****ing go. And why do they put the brand new, just off the boat ESL workers in the drive through? I'm glad you're working but the communication issue is surely hurting sales metrics.

2. droxford

droxford Member

If you've never watch What's Up, Doc? you must watch it.

Although I hate Streisand, it's one of the best movies ever made.

Xerobull likes this.
  3. droxford

droxford Member

I shall not. There are people in this world who need help, are seeking help, are working hard to get back on their feet and are utilizing the many resources that are feely available to them in order to do so. I applaud such people and I have helped such people in the past.

Panhandlers are not those people.

I do look at the dates, but... sometimes I forget to, and it still sucks that a grocery store will put expired food and moldy fruit on their shelves.

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

You know what’s annoying?

When you’re just sitting down to drop a deuce and within seconds - the two little ones start banging on the door nonstop all while laughing/screaming.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Both, but I still don't smoke.

Also, kinda related: Texas does better than one might think when it comes to tobacco cessation. I just assumed we'd be in the top 5 but we're nowhere close.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

People who can't keep up with their Outlook calendars. Or worse, people who think it's beneath them. You don't have an assistant because you're not as important as you think you are. Keep up with your own schedule!

If someone sends you a meeting request, either accept it or decline it. Don't just let it sit there for 3 days and then have everyone trying to track you down when the meeting starts.

7. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

late night, road empty, only fellow commuter speeds up to hang out in my blind spot.

Ottomaton and Kevooooo like this.
  8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Ngl this was me today
    Went to lunch, got back and checked my calendar bc something felt off — oops missed a meeting by 2 hours…

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. Xerobull

Those roads where everyone always goes 10mph under the speed limit for reasons only the plebeian hive-mind understands.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. droxford

droxford Member

[FREEWAY]

"Oh! I see your turn signal... you want to get in this lane, eh? I'm just gonna speed up to prevent you from getting in this lane front of me."

ROCKSS and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. droxford

droxford Member

Sometimes people see the yellow speed signs and think they're speed limit signs. THEY'RE NOT SPEED LIMIT SIGNS!

See this? See how it's yellow and not white? Notice the absence of the words "SPEED LIMIT"?!?
    [​IMG]
    This is a suggested speed only. THIS IS NOT A SPEED LIMIT SIGN

Now... see this? Notice that it's white and says, "SPEED LIMIT"? Guess what that means!
    [​IMG]

Xerobull likes this.
  12. Xerobull

I see what you’re saying but the two roads I travel frequently that have this issue…I’m 99% sure they don’t have these yellow signs. If I see them I will come back with my sawzall.

13. droxford

droxford Member

There's a street next to me that's a speed limit of 30, but there are speed cushions (I hate those, too) and yellow signs that say "20 mph" and so people drive 15 mph down the street when they should be going 35.

14. droxford

droxford Member

Something else that annoys me...

Nowadays, when a celebrity dies and the news articles tell us everything except what we want to know.

I don't need to read a full page about how the person rose to stardom, what their career highlights were, what they were recently doing....

I don't need to hear again how the family is upset, how other celebrities reacted, how the fans are mourning...

Nobody gives a $hit about any of that....

Tell me how the person died. What did they die from? Where was the body found? What were they doing that led to their death? What did the toxicology report say? Who found the body? What were the circumstances that caused the death?

No, no... that won't get reported. Why? because the loser OD'ed on something, choked on their own puke while drunk, or blew their own brains out. And the media treats the public like such pu$$ies (which, most of the public is) that they don't want to report that and shatter the image of the celebrity and their fans.

That info will get quietly released months later, after all the buzz has died down.

15. Buck Turgidson

People who think a speed limit sign is a minimum and not a maximum.

Kevooooo likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

You suck.

17. ima_drummer2k

Just lazy reporting in general does it for me. And it's so prevalent. Especially with local news.

Something will happen and instead of the reporter telling us what happened, why it happened, what's being done about what happened, etc., they just go to a gas station and interview some random and ask what he thinks about what happened.

davidio840 and arkoe like this.
  18. ima_drummer2k

Oh, we've all done that a few times. It's the people who consistently ignore the whole thing from the very beginning. And they do it with every meeting they get invited to.

Kevooooo likes this.
  19. Xerobull

I thought you were from Houston.

20. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

What annoys me, people who post a tweet or an article that they know is a lie and then never acknowledge that it was a lie after it is debunked and then constantly posts from the same person or group who now has no credibility

gifford1967 and Xerobull like this.