1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

They Eat Their Own

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketMan Tex, Sep 21, 2012.

1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I want some of the high-grade chronic that Herman Cain has been smoking!!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/21/cain-says-hed-be-winning/

Cain says he'd be winning

Posted by
    CNN Political Unit

(CNN) – Herman Cain, the one-time frontrunner for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination, offered reporters in Florida Thursday some speculation on what could have been if he had remained in the race.

According to the Gainesville Sun, Cain said he would have a "substantial lead" over President Barack Obama if he were the Republican nominee instead of Mitt Romney.

"The reason is quite simple: I have some depth to my ideas," he said.

Cain, who suspended his own bid for the GOP presidential nomination in December amid a flurry of allegations of past sexual impropriety, backed Mitt Romney in May – his third endorsement after dropping out of the race.

In January, after teasing an "unconventional endorsement" in the GOP presidential race, Cain came out in support of "the people," saying it was the beginning of a political revolution.

Later in January, Cain announced he was endorsing former House Speaker Newt Gingrich ahead of Florida's closely watched GOP primary. At the time, Cain praised Gingrich's "bold ideas" as the basis for his choice, saying Gingrich wasn't afraid to propose big ideas that would benefit the nation, even if they invited the ridicule of his rivals.

In May (as Romney secured the number of delegates required to clinch the GOP nomination), Cain held an endorsement event in Washington, D.C. for Romney.

Cain attracted attention and followers for aggressively promoting his "9-9-9" tax plan, as well as for his charismatic personality and appeal among tea party activists. He enjoyed a spike in Republican primary polls last fall, but when he dropped out of the race in December polls showed him toward the back of the pack of candidates.

2. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

So Cain will obviously be running in 2016.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Cain is jumping the gun. Wait until you see them devour and trash Romney after Obama wins. He will become the GOP poster child for loserville.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Romney needs help, and his GOP detractors aren't helping. I'm not exactly upset about that, but it strikes me that if it continues it's going to facilitate a landslide victory for the incumbent.

5. Raven

Raven Member

I feel no pity for the GOP, but what a wretched field of candidates they put up, and that's probably because a lot of better qualified candidates didn't think a Republican could beat Obama.

Which is true.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Ironically, this is partially correct - the 9-9-9 plan has more substance than Rom Ryan have shown so far.

Don't get me wrong, it's dumb, but it's fairly clear as to what it proposes to do.

7. Classic

Classic Member

Mr. Herman Cain, income disparity is growing. Countries are teetering on the brink of financial ruin. Food stamp usage rates has grown leaps during this global recession. Recent reports show off shore wealth held in tax havens may exceed $20 to $30 trillion dollars, or more than 10% of the entire world's assets. These same studies show that the world's largest banks who coincidentally received bail out money are in fact the same banking institutions helping to transfer wealth off the balance sheets of companies and individuals directly impacting taxable revenue. What would you do as president to help level the playing field for the nations and individuals impacted by this growing and largely unaddressed issue?

Nine. Nine. Niiiinnnnneeeeee!

#7 Classic, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No way. It doesn't matter if Romney stumbles and bumbles until election day, Obama won't win a "landslide".

9. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. Major

Major Member

What would you consider a reasonable standard of "landslide"? 5 pts? 10 pts? etc. There's no way he wins by 10+%, but I think he could win by a similar margin to 2008.