1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

They didn't trade up because they didn't want Bridgewater.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by LelWestbrick, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Teddy B!! Doing exactly what I thought he would do.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

So, he bounced back after a crappy week. ;) Good for him.

#62 J.R., Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  3. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Yep and he did it against the same team that Fitzpick and all the Texans QB's looked like butt against! Plus, I rather he perform in a game. Practice is just that practice. Just like BOB say's practice is were you correct your mistakes. The game is were you show growth.

#63 ballplayer, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  4. baubo

baubo Member

I wonder what's worse. Fans overreact to meaningless preseason games that has never correctly predicted a QB's eventual success in the NFL, or fans overreact to an offseason that's not over and isn't over until October in the NBA.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Game winner
    [​IMG]

6. mario_v

mario_v Member

Bridgewater is the black Aaron Rodgers. Texans will regret passing up on him.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I bet the Texans were the last franchise to admit they messed up when they passed on Tom Brady... I bet it took them a little while longer then every other nfl franchise to finally admit Tom Brady is a great franchise qb. That's just Houston football I see...

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Wait, what? :confused:

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I can't tell if it's a bad joke or not.

10. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Teddy Bridgewater will probably be a decent QB but we won't know til later. I still wished the Texans would have drafted him anyway regardless of how they feel about him. Teddy does have potential to be similar to Newton.

But because the Texans didn't find the QB they want and settled for Savage who I think is most likely a bust or may become decent enough to be a starting QB 5-7 years from now. The Texans should start looking at the next crops of QB entering the 2015 NFL draft. QB like Jameis Winston is ok but I really like Marcus Mariota from Oregon. If they want to just tank for one more year and go after a QB like Mariota who has big time potential, then its worth it.

The Texans have defensive players that are young and has high potential that can grow and turn this Texans team into a defensive machine. The only problem is who will be the QB down the road for this team? Fitzpatrick is decent but he's no long term solution. Savage isn't either. So Lets go big and try to make a move for one of the top QB prospects in 2015 and slowly build this team into a contender. Put the right pieces around Mariota or Winston and on defense, having guys like Clowney, Watt and guys like DJ are continuing to improve will make this Texan team dangerous.

11. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Best QB in the draft been saying it since day one

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If only we'd have been able to get Matt Cassel who has been even better....

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Vikings paid so much to move up and get Bridgewater...And considering the Texans had the very next pick, there was zero chance in heck that Seattle was going to fleece the Texans...Minnesota was willing to pay a heavy price. I am sure that Seattle called Houston, but I am quite sure that Houston was not going to pay that price to move up one spot. What wouldve have been interesting is if Bridgewater was still on the board for the Texans. My personal opinion is that he would have been pick 2-1.

14. Major

Major Member

What? The Vikings gave up their 2nd and 4th round picks. The 2nd makes sense - the only real price was the 4th, where the Texans selected Savage anyway. So essentially, they've had to give up Savage to move up a spot to pick up Bridgewater had they wanted to.

15. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

The 2nd is the new guard who might need to take over for dumpers fire, I mean Newton.
    The 4th is that Nix guy who is the future NT for the team.

The cost for BW is real.

Would the Texans have done it, knowing they were not very high on him?

Also, I think unless they we're overwhelm for a player like Nix, they were not going to trade away any picks. So that is clear indication they were not high on BW and they if they were, they would have traded up for him. They did for Nix, a 1st round talent in the 3rd round.

I think in a way, they might have drafted BW they next day or better yet, traded that pick for more amno for the draft. I think they like The guard but if they were offered something very good they might have taken that.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Wait...where did the narrative start that they weren't high on him? There were tons of players I'm assuming they were "high" on that they didn't get to take.

did I miss a story about info leaked on this? Asking sincerely...it's certainly possible I missed it.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Weak... TB had a nice game sir. Give the kid that much.k. Teddy

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Fixed.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Matt Cassel is not that good. He has had enough NFL games to prove that.

20. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.