1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

They did it -- Rockets land Griffin for 3 picks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 27, 2001.

1. Codman

Codman Member

Admins...sorry about the double post. I guess the BBS was busy tonight and I pressed the submit button too much. Sorry again. I know I'm a newbie..so mistakes can be annoying.

Thanks,
    Cod

------------------

2. heypartner

heypartner Member

exactly thacabbage

when they took Jefferson...I was sooo mad....I settled down to have another bourbon and wait....

I had noooooooo Idea.

incredible....truly incredible!!

But now we have to put up with Fran Blinebury talking about Eddie's Mad Max attitude and everything...this is Stevie's team...is Eddie going to punch him or Cat...

blah...blah..blah..gain more readership...

baH.

Best draft EVER in the last 16 years.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Yeah, I don't know if Webber is necessary now. Maybe better to let him go to Detroit (wishful thinking!)

Not that I'd complain if we got Webber, but this line-up seems quite good:

1. STEVE
    2. CAT
    3. EDDIE
    4. MO
    5. MARC JACKSON? (said he'd like it here)

1b. Mooch 2b. Steve, T-Mo 3b. T-Mo 4b. KT 5b. Cato

We do need another trade, perhaps to Chicago or Detroit (teams with cap space), but we will kick some major boo-tay.

------------------

4. haven

haven Member

He he... I was feeling especially malicious, and visted ESPN.com's NJ Nets message board.

They're pretty pathetic over there! You have all these wonderful thread titles like "Guys it's not THAT bad." Haha... I refrained from taunting, since they seemed to recognize their plight already [​IMG].

Bring on RoyDElton now, biatcH!

------------------
    Newbiehad... coming to a bbs near you, October 31st.

5. Eddie Griffin

Eddie Griffin Member

What a draft! Griffin... I can't believe it! I love my name! [​IMG]

6. JAG

JAG Member

I just went into the NJ ESPN message board too, and I've gotta say that if the Rockets fans who posted the NA-NA-NAH! type messages in there are Clutch members, you guys (if you're reading this) showed no class. Teams don't prosper long term by screwing other teams, and real fans enjoy their own teams succes, not kicking other fans when they're down. I rrealize that most of you are above this sort of crap, I'm just writing to those few, if any, who left those punk messages in there. Of course, none of this applies to badgering Bulls fans, as they've got it coming.Relax, son, it's a joke.

------------------

7. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Oh whats the big deal? All Rudy did was acquire a 19yr old freshman kid who lead the collegiate nation in rebounds and blocks...big deal! [​IMG]

------------------
    A desirous Mo Taylor is better than a prude Chris Webber.

8. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Member

Alas for my moniker. But its worth it.

I know no one here ever underestimates the heart of a champion, but I would ask you to never underestimate the mind of one as well.

------------------

9. Shotcaller

Shotcaller Member

[​IMG]

------------------

10. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

heres a good Griffin article:

www.nj.com/setonhall/

------------------
    A desirous Mo Taylor is better than a prude Chris Webber.

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited June 28, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited June 28, 2001).]

11. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Member

Damn fine move by CD and Rudy T. Griffin will plug some serious holes in the lineup, and if any coach has proven he can handle players that other teams pass on due to "bad attitude", it is Rudy T. This is a great move for the Rockets.

------------------
    "Blues is a Healer"
    --John Lee Hooker

12. mc mark

mc mark Member

Its a Beautiful day to be a Rocket fan!

I woke up this morning with a hugh smile on my face. Made even bigger after learning that we also got Morris!

Ah yes...

------------------
    Everything you do, effects everything that is.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

So did Hugh wake up with a smile next to you? [​IMG]

Anyway, here I am at work the next day and I still can't believe we got Eddie Griffin out of this draft without trading away any current players. This guy could've gone #1 in the draft.

------------------
    "I had mine chewed off by a boss one time." -- Behad leaves us wondering if he gets hazard pay...

14. mc mark

mc mark Member

huge, HUGE!!!!

man! I knew I shouldn't have slept through 2nd grade!

------------------
    Everything you do, effects everything that is.

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

I woke up this morning after having a couple too many drinks last night, wondering if I was dreaming. I had to shake my head a couple times to bring in the reality of Griffen and Morrison!

Wow!!!

------------------
    "Bada Bing!"

16. Live

Live Member

I didn't have an opportunity to watch the draft nor did I have access to a computer, so I had to listen to 610 AM (Matt & Jeremy Show). Honestly, when Jefferson and Collins were announced for the Rockets, I was cool with them. I told myself that the Rocks got an athletic role-playing SF and a solid C (Collins reminds me of a poor man's Robert Parrish in that his consistency is his greatest asset), and had increased their overall talent level so it was all good.

Somewhere around pick 20, Jeremy comes on the air and announces the trade, and I just started pumping my fist and laughing. And later, when the Rocks acquired Morris, I had to laugh and pump my fist again.

So let me be the first, as someone who has at times criticized the Rocks' drafts both on this board and elsewhere, to give CD, Rudy & Co. and HUGE, COLOSSAL thumbs up on this draft.

Personally, I think the Rocks just drafted their future frontcourt and F tandem.

------------------

17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

Agrred [​IMG]

------------------
    Rarely is the question asked: Guns kill squirrels than REDRUM to fools across the nation?

18. JAG

JAG Member

------------------

19. floyd

floyd Member

Man, I'm in such a good mood this morning. I just don't have the desire to be mean. Knowing most UT fans, making you call yourself an aggie would be cruel. I might be nice. Hell, I'll even give you a chance to make up your own new moniker (subject to my approval, of course [​IMG]). How 'bout.

UofTfloyd
    OrangecrushedinHeyP'sbet
    IwishIwenttoagoodschool [​IMG]
    BurntbyHeypOrange

Oh hell, I can't think of any more. My brain just isn't being that creative this morning. Maybe it's because I was too excited to sleep last night. Oh well, I don't need my brain today...I'm at work. [​IMG]

------------------

20. Gascon

Gascon Member

[​IMG]

------------------
    Gascon