1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

These Utah fans are unbelievable

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cshen, May 16, 2008.

Tags:
  1. cshen

cshen Member

Will the club or somebody be fined for such a loud "referees suck" chant?? :confused:

2. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

without Refs in their home court..they are nothing.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I loved how the refs got back at them by calling the foul on Deron Williams.

Keep pissing the refs off Jazz fans...I beg you, please keep it up.

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

dang you guys act like you've never heard a loud arena before, if you've been to the TC in regular season, I would understand

go to a WWE show, Jazz fans are about the same

5. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

that's how dumb these jazz fans are...

6. LFE171

LFE171 Member

someone neeeds to shove that cowbell up that fan's arse.

watever. I'm a strong believer in karma and I think karma is taking its course with the Jazz.. Please don't blow this lead Kobe + friends, aka lakers.

7. RedGlare07

RedGlare07 Member

Watching Gasol only reminds me of how dominate Yao could've been and the impact it would've had on the game overall. Okur is a soft pile a poo and Kirilenko is consecutive jump shots away from mailing it in. Hell, given how well we played Boozer for the series, we could've won in five games if Yao were around.

But I digress.

The Jazz fans are feeling Rockets fans frustration. I actually agree with them that the officials are suffering from selective enforcement.

Karma is a female dog.

8. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

I'm pretty sure every arena has had that chant going at least once.

9. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Utah fans are the only fans that cheer when they get a regular defensive rebound...

10. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

The analysts said late in the game that some fans were throwing stuff at the Laker's bench. Anyone else see or hear anymore than that? This sounds like more of why Tmac says he hates the Jazz fans.

11. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yeah, because you guys NEVER get calls your way in Utah...'

These guys are about as bad as Mets or Phillies fans...

12. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

A hillbilly fest?

13. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

unbelievable that they chanted 'refs you suck'?

That's nothing. Fine the club? laughable. Fans have chanted 'bull****' after bad calls fairly regularly in the past.

It's how they get calls. They put pressure on the refs and create a hostile environment. I wish our fans would bother to put in the effort.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Irony at its finest last night. What pisses me off though is that Utah lives and dies by the refs. Which means that they will always lose to teams with better reputations like the Lakers or Spurs but beat teams with lower reputations like the Rockets and the reputations of Yao and TMac for being "soft". It's so frustrating. To beat the Jazz in the playoffs we'd have to get 60 wins and just get a mean streak and show the league that we really are that good. Which shouldn't be the case, can't we just be barely better than them? But that's not how Sloan works.

I'm just glad living and dying by the refs means he will never win a championship. Ever.

15. lastmanstanding

^^ Well we did beat them in Utah you know.
    As for the "refs suck" part, I'm sure many of us here were thinking the same thing during the Utah series except their fans are more vocal about it. I don't see what's so unbelievable about it.

16. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

Not that I'm defending Utah fans, but chanting the Refs suck is harmless. They do it all the time at TC - in fact the Red Rowdies have a great one - "I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref"

17. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

Yeah...that's pretty normal. I remember during the Dallas series there was a big "Bull****" chant in the TC after some terrible calls.

18. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Utah lost, Sloan = the exemplary example of a coach with so much talent, but with so little success

19. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

little? hmmn.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I disagree. The key is to get home court advantage(which we've done twice) and not lose any home games(which we've failed to do twice). This season was more understandable given the injuries the Rockets had to deal with, but if we can't beat Utah in Game 7 on our home floor, we don't deserve to get to the next round.