1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Theres your sign, fire JVG III

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bplld, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terse

terse Member

Not me. Even during our recent win streak I have been saying that I wanted Robo-Coach out of here. Now that every other team in the NBA knows how to defeat a JVG defence -- shoot 3's -- Van Gundy's only excuse for being here is evaporating faster than my patience.

People who say that JVG's defence works most of the time, and that defence wins championships, are right. But they are wrong, in my opinion, when they imply that we therefore need JVG. That is a false dilemma, an artifical restriction of debate to only two choices. There are more possibilities than having Gundy, or else having no defence. We could have some other coach, and still have a great defence. The difference is that with a competent coach, our team would have some clue about offence too.

Remember that our D was already pretty damn good before JVG ever came to Houston. And it will continue to be good so long as Yao is here. With some other coach, our defence might worsen by one or two points a game, but that would be more than OK if our offence improved by five points a game.

So this is what I have been saying consistently since the beginning of the season: I want JVG out of here.

2. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

same here... :D

3. jjfjj

jjfjj Member

which doesn't mean much though...who are the coaches that tmac has played for? i bet they're all bad ones.

4. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

visit game thread, find the post of the year. On the second thought, that's too much of a painful experience, you may not want to do that. :D

5. Panda

Panda Member

Same ole same ole. JVG can't adjust. He has no plan B other than Rybo.

My main gripe is the lack of flexibility and variety in JVG's game plan. Yao wouldn't have scored only 6 points if he's allowed to shoot some face up jumpers, and wtf happened to the T-Mac and Yao pick and rolls. Does JVG's playbook say they're only for the playoffs?! When the low post game is not working, come up with other plans. Just because JVG is infatuated with Shaq's style doesn't mean he has the right to waste Yao's all around talent. And if JVG wants to waste Yao's talent and only play his post game, make sure it works!

Rybo must've JVG's nude picture with him in bed.

6. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

Just so happens, I dont normally open these threads.

After such a frustating loss it is kind of annoying to see that people are still posting these unrealistic and pointless threads about how the rockets should fire JVG.

The Team gets slapped by an opposing team and they cannot retaliate and impose their will in the game that obviously is not going their way, WTF do you expect. A player has to make concerted effort to not let something like that happen.

If anything the only reason that I responded to this thread is because the basis for this suggestion is sooo far from the truth its not even funny!!

If every game was going the rockets way and they were able to do what ever they wanted without them needing to respond then we would not need a coach at all.

Bottom line is, wake the f-up and realize that sometimes sh*t aint sweet and you got to man up and handle your buisness. Tonight the Rockets didnt do that so they are one loss further from the playoffs..

7. Panda

Panda Member

Is Moochie gone because he's the reason for every game we lost?

No.

If someone sucks, he has to go, regardless if he's the main culprit of losses or not.

The only thing keeping me from saying "fire jvg" now is the lack of knowledge on possible replacements.

8. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

JVG is really lucky being the coach of Houston Rockets.

He will be fired a long time ago if he is the coach of LA/NY city's team.

It is clearly you have to find a perfect excuse for losing 45 point to a team only at the 3rd quarter without criticising your head coach.

9. superden

superden Contributing Member

i dont even know what i think anymore...i feel lost and confused :confused: :mad: :(

10. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

"After such a frustating loss it is kind of annoying to see that people are still posting these unrealistic and pointless threads about how the rockets should fire JVG."
    Per PRV 1981

I agree- this was a bad game- let's forget it and move on. JVG probably feels worse than any of us. He takes these losses by his team to heart. We will recover. The playoffs are a long shot, but he will continue to try to lead this team there. That is all that can be done.

Forget about this game- we learn from it and gain from what we learn.

How can we exploit the double team on Yao?? Use this to our advantage.

11. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Think that if we continue to win 7 of 9 that we'll be fine ... even if every 9th game is a fugly 25% shooting from our starters.

12. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

No.. the question is how do you blame only the coach when a TEAM is down by 45 in the 3rd.

13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I'll take 7 of 9 anytime. I wish some of you would shut up and look at that instead

14. ikfit

ikfit Member

We have to blam Jeff, he is supporsed a D coatch but look at the game, it not just player's fault, it is D system fault. Who we should complain? coach.
    His game plane totally not work.
    He need decide to use and practice D for different team, for suns he obviously failed. So we have blame him.
    Why his players' shot always like up-down down? and suns always up up and up. Give some loose to players, so who we should blame, still Van gundy.

todays NBA is not like before, even jeff's teacher, p.rally coached Miami is not that good.

so we need some change and find a coatch more fit us.
    Fire him is the solution.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Great point. It's the biggest cop out when everyone wants to jump on the coach.

The player and coach take responisiblity for these kind of losses.

After the Clippers game I wasn't super high about the win, glad they won but didn't think they were going to shoot that well in the next game and put 128.

At the same time I didn't think they'd play as poorly as they did last nite. The starters had no energy and played as if they had made the statement they wanted to in LA and seem disintrested in the game, compound that with the fact that the Suns were shooting lights out almost the entire night and you get what we got last nite.

Here the kicker. The game against the Clippers counts as 1 win and the loss against the Suns counts as 1 loss.

We are 7-2 in the month of Feb and think we can finish 9-4 for the month. If we play out the rest of the season at that pace, I think we'd be fairly good position.

16. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

exactly. You think anyone is gonna care about this if we finish 10-3 or 11-2 for February?

17. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

Amen III and ill add another next time.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

No kidding but this board is like playing with a hot coal or dry ice....nothing but extremes

19. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

I am soooo tired of watching Mr. Defense coach HIS team to leave the opponent's wingman open in the corner, watch the opponents drop a pass out there to a wide open 3 shooter, watch JVG's help defender on the edge of the paint race out to try, notice I said try, to defend the 3, and watch the opp's 3 shooter drop in an easy 3 probably more than 50% of the time.

It is like a f%@king dagger in my chest game after game after game.

JVG is always about 20-50 games late in adjusting to other teams. Does he even watch film of the other teams' strengths! Does he watch game after game of how the really good teams drive a stake through our heart?

I could go on. I am wondering when Tmac will ever start driving the lane again? Even if he doesn't want to get hammered in the nose with a forearm and no call he could drive, cut and dump the ball to Yao, Stro, etc.

Watching the team waste their time setting picks and screens for him to wander left & right across the top of the key and do nothing is driving me nuts.

And Yao letting pesky 2nd defenders come in and tie him up? He is like the playground wooss we all knew in school being picked on. ONE QUICK TWIST TO THE BASKET AND LAYING OUT A NASH OR OTHERWISE SMALL PESKY GUARD WOULD BE WORTH THE OFFENSIVE FOUL. I don't remember the great big men of the past allowing these small guards to pester them all the time, without eventually making someone pay. Deke has been neutered by Gundy.

We let the other team tie us up and disrupt our game flow and we do nothing about it.

But let Tracy drive the lane and forearms are being thrown left & right, and all they are called for over that period is one flagrant. The refs have no respect for Gundy. He costs us 4-5 calls per game. The refs are sitting out there smiling at Gundy and saying inside "you blankety blank little pip-squeak."

What should I call them now? The MIT Rockets? Precise and heartless little teachers pets. Yao: "Teacher said don't lay a guard defender out so I guess I will let them steal the ball."

This team looks, smells and walks like Van Gundy.

20. rmartine

rmartine Contributing Member

Its Les Alexander fault. He gave Jeff V.the extension when Phil Jackson was comtemplating a return. He should have fired Jeff or bought out his contract and Phil would have been the Rockets coach. Now even if we do fire Jeff there are no coaches of value I think can turn this team around. That plus new rule changes that favor guards and handicap big men will be the demise of the Tracy Yao era.

By the way Tracy's personal issues shows he is not mentally strong. What did Michael Jordon do when his father was murdered. Won another title for him.

Go ahead, flame me. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.