1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There was and will always be one Tracy McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, Dec 29, 2013.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

james harden owns tmac

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was one of the hottest defensive young bigs in Toronto

A big that Houston turned into a SG

3. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

And the sad part is there where still people on here hating on the dude. I wouldnt trade him for anyone.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not in blocking shots... McGrady taller and physical longer

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Tmac is better at losing series

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Healthy T-Mac + healthy Dwight would be a ridiculous 1-2 punch

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Tracy McGrady will only be mentioned in hypothetical situations forever

let history show that James Harden was the one true star that led the Rockets out of the dark ages of disappointment

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The only thing I agree with the guy above is that

Harden's game is better suited for playoff success

Mac had better physical talents but was not efficient and not a conventional SG

He was the tweener of tweeners. You cannot make a tweener your No1 guy and then an injury prone Center your No 2

Unfortunately as talented as they were

9. tinman

Supporting Member

History shows every where he went, he lost playoff series then switched teams

after he left each organization or when he was out, the team advanced

Toronto - advanced to play Philly
    Magic - got Dwight went to the NBA finals
    Houston - Yao and Ron beat Portland
    Hawks - most likely will beat Nets
    GuanDong China - will probably not suck anymore
    Sugarland minor league baseball team - will probably not suck anymore

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm one of the biggest Tmac fans out there but what the F is the point of this thread other than Tinman bait? LOL

As for Tmac he had as much talent as Lebron but unfortunately he also had Melo's work ethic. Too bad his teams couldn't get out of the first round however it doesn't tarnish the memories I have watching the regular season and playoffs.

11. daledondale

daledondale Member

T-Mac is overrated as f-uck

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Tinman,

I love the majority of your posts and your knowledge of the Rockets. Both you and I have been fans for a very, very long time.

With your impressive historical understanding of the Rockets, I find it troubling that you cannot present much of an analysis-based argument to support your bias against McGrady. Let me preface this by admitting that I am not a big TMac fan, nor am I a TOF fan. In fact, my four favorite Rockets of all time are Hakeem Cat, Chuck and Clyde. Later on, I'm sure I will love Harden just as much.

Anyway, these posts about your disdain towards TMac really take you away from being a loyal Rockets poster. Your loyalty is with the team, but it is clouded with TMac vitriol. With all due respect, you have an unhealthy obsession with trying to influence your "TMac ideology" onto other posters. We get it. He wasn't your favorite player. You claimed he quit on us.

But, to be fair, neither one of us is in his head. You CANNOT prove he quit on the team. You're basing all of your thoughts on observations, which are not entirely fair. Have you played or coached ball at a high level? To assume a player did not try is a weak argument that you cannot prove, regardless of what you think you saw and what you think you know about the personal mindet of Mr. McGrady.

I'm a fan of your posts. Most of us are, the ones who have been here for more than a decade. But please, for the sake of your supporters, give your TMac "agenda" a rest.

We get it, once again. You don't respect Tracy McGrady. However, your opinion does not cancel the beliefs of others who think he was a decent player for us or that he had natural talent. Your beliefs on his effort don't have the factual backing for this to continue.

You're too good of a poster and thinker for this. Let it go. Let it burn. Just because Tracy is mentioned does not mean you have to let loose on your keyboard.

You're better than that. And, this is coming from a poster that enjoys your discussions.:)

At least try, my man?

One Love.

Cod

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Clutch had that article called 'the Toronto game ' that clearly documented the quiting as well as other incidents leading toward that comment.

I didn't bump this thread.

I suspect it was bumped because Tmac fans had a jolt of jealousy of the success and admiration for James Harden leading the rockets to a playoff series victory .

Tofs attempt to lie and say he played 22 games in the streak by posting his game logs and not the team game logs.

Tracy fans think newbs would fall for the trick.

The false mythology of Tracy McGrady was destroyed by the true chosen one.

James will have his number retired by the Rockets , but Trevor Ariza will not.

1 person likes this.
  14. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

**** Tracy Mcgrady!

I don't care if you guys want to discredit me as a true fan, but he will never be a Rocket legend in my mind. Only reason the organization is probably still cool with him is because he brings in money and he's a face to be shown on the big screen.

Did we all forget about the Toronto game?

Did we all forget how he chose the Lakers to go all the way right before we were set to play the Lakers in 09?

Did we all forget about him complaining about his "cameo role" in 2010?

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is some Tmacsanity here.

Those who are having fun and those who act serious.... Tmac will never die out here or be forgotten lol....

16. val_modus

val_modus Member

3rd best player on healthy TMac teams was Rafer Alston......

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i think i remember a clutch article about him being the worst (with volume) shooting PG in the history of the league. great player. ill always be a tmac fan. maybe he didnt live up to his potential. but if someone was so determined to waste time of a short life you have to live by typing about a retired basketball player. maybe hate on pippen or something.

18. RESINator

RESINator Member

Thank goodness you didn't go through with that bet Tinman

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Its funny how its ok to say **** tmac but if you say Harden defense dropped, that is not ok.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Man we were all suckered by him.