1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There was and will always be one Tracy McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, Dec 29, 2013.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Olajuwon is a semi-coach, though, in all fairness. And, of course, the cheers were much louder for Dream, as they should be. But there were definite cheers for Mac in the upper prom (yes, that's the best I could get).

And also, again, let me say that I love my Rockets, I love the fans in the upper prom who were yelling the whole game- but that lower prom was PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, I was completely baffled that, at the start of both halves, there were NUMEROUS seats empty- so sad when other teams in the playoffs like, hmm, Golden State, Memphis, San Antonio, etc. have much louder and crazier fans than us. Oh well.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

and now McHale has won more games in a season than both of them has a higher winning percentage, will soon pass them in both playoff wins and total wins.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

OK so let's take it a step back for a second. I am not suggesting that entertainers exist above laws. If an athlete breaks the law, he should be punished in accordance to the law ala Aaron Hernandez. Ray Lewis was never found guilty of murder, just obstruction of justice. That is a wholly different matter of discussion however. Every workplace has their own standards of acceptable/tolerable past actions and in certain industries, it becomes more strict such as for lawyers, law enforcement, and doctors due to the NATURE of their occupation.

I am not absolving athletes of their behavior. I am arguing that it is not their job or inherent responsibility to impart moral guidance or lessons in ethics. Whether or not some people treat them as such is irrelevant. I would actually argue that people who expect entertainers to be something beyond their occupation to be erroneously and misguidedly forcing their own ideals on others. So in answer to your question, I am not absolving them of anything since there was nothing to absolve to begin with. It is an entertainer's job to entertain. It is an athlete's job to provide a role of excellence at that job. It is others job to educate and provide examples of excellence in life.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We all can agree this, james harden surpassed tmac in...

Everything

5. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

21 out of 22 games not good enough for you?

6. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

T-Mac is still a better defensive player

7. tinman

Supporting Member

You tried to fool people here by lying

That's what tmac does.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

He's given up zero points against any player in the 2nd round of the playoffs

9. dandorotik

He made it to the 2nd round, though. Absolutely kills you to know that, eh? What will happen if he makes it to the Hall of Fame? How will you survive that one?

10. 34to11

34to11 Member

He LITERALLY quit on the Rockets...in the midst of a playoff run.
    All because the team made a move to get better by bringing in a REAL legend (and hometown hero) to help defend the title.
    What Maxwell did was not far from what Rondo did to the Mavs in the playoffs this year.

The fact that you still slurp Maxwell while criticizing McGrady as a quitter is hilarious.

1 person likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

James Harden made it to the second round as the leader of the rockets

12. tinman

Supporting Member

If 50 year old maxwell got in a fight with tmac now, Maxwell would destroy him so bad their would be a mortal kombat fatality made for him.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

No playoff series victories as a starter for his entire career.

Is that bad enough for you?

14. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Good points. I gotta run for the evening. Thanks Chen....sorry to derail the original topic so far away from the rest of the group.

15. deshen

deshen Member

How would anyone still talk about that loser? Move on, people, pls. He is part of history, not a glory one.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You too! I personally don't mind since we all know T-Mac threads can only end in one way anyways.

17. dandorotik

Exactly. And when you have more of a 'hater' reputation than anything else, that's pretty sad. ___ is the Muslim hater, Tinman is the McGrady hater. That tells you something- it's like dealing with a little child. You just hope they eventually quiet down, think nice thoughts, and go to bed soon.

If they're one of your annoying children, you just tell them, in as soft and nice a tone as possible, "Daddy understands, OK, but what I want you to do is just drink your ****ing milk and shut the **** up already."

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Why would anyone think of McGrady at this time? He never lead a team this far.

That's a legit question. Also, I didn't bump this thread.

19. dandorotik

But cha couldn't resist responding, eh?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hIs5StN8J-0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member