1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There is something going on and it's not even about Basketball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aussie rocket, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Just about everyone is playing worse. Exceptions are Dwight and Thornton

2. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I disagree. Dwight's defense isn't as good as it was last year, not all of this is attributable to dwight but...

Opponents are scoring 6 more points per game in the paint than last year.

The guy dwight is defending is scoring 5% more than last year within 6 feet 58.4 last year to 63.8%

His rebounding is worse than it was last year. Contested rebounds down from 42% to like 36%.

3. dmorey

dmorey Member

i smell a rat

4. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Beverley has been **** also this season, but I don't see the need to be playing Ty 38min per game the way he is playing.

5. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Mchale doesnt make it past this season and its doubtful he makes it past all-star weekend. He has made zero adjustments. Hes the Mack Brown of basketball. Just clap your hands and hope your stars dig you out.

6. basketballholic

Majority of this board ain't getting it yet. We have basically zero defense at the point no matter if it's Bev or Lawson out there. This board is failing to realize how far Bev's defense has fallen off.

This team needs a huge shot of Aaron Craft on the defensive perimeter.

7. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Truth is, Bev's never been a particularly good defender, aside from his first year. But Bev isn't nearly as bad as Lawson on defense, at least he tries.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

We've got flawed leaders...I'm not going to say they don't lead or are bad because I don't know what goes on behind doors or what they're saying...However, based on what goes on during games, it's clear there's is a drop in direction and focus during key stretches.

But if f i had to speculate...McHale is too passive...Dwight has enough trouble dealing with his own emotions to monitor anyone else's...Harden comes off to me like he's chastising players when he talks to them. They all need to be on the same page and level consistently, so that the rest of the team can follow.

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f5M_Ttstbgs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Relax. James just signed to $200 million. He's on cruise control. They should be more professional about it, but they will be in shape for the playoffs.

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

After this performance, I don't think anyone can truly say it's on the coach. This is all about players quitting and not caring.

There is a story, and maybe a couple of stories from the locker room. I hope we find out what they are - and soon.

As fans we deserve an explanation.

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

A god damn explanation is needed

13. MystikArkitect

[​IMG]

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Do they change face between Harden and Odom?

Perhaps we need to try Lamar Odom to prove it.

15. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

1 person likes this.
  16. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Who wants to follow someone who chews you out one minute then half-asses it the next? Harden is supposed to be the leader but apparently forgot how to lead by example.

17. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

I honestly think Harden is still messed up over his girl choosing to be by her ex's bedside while the whole US is watching. Khardashian hangover/ depression in full effect. James Harden is not as mentally/emotionally tough as the all-time greats like Kobe/Jordan/Magic/Bird/Hakeem when adversity hits. Exhibit A: folding with a record number of turnovers when Steph Curry wins the MVP as opposed to Hakeem lighting up David Robinson and winning the whole damn thing under the same scenario.

18. ZootSuitMurphy

How does Dwight only shoot 4 times tonight blows my mind. Also I'm tired of being up by double digit leads and then next thing you know we are down by double digits. We need to quit living by the rushed seemingly desperate three. I'm ready to start running the offense through Howard and no longer relying on harden to drive in and open up the other players because that's not working. It's almost like our spot up shooters aren't expecting harden to pass but since he has no confidence in his game he passes it causing the shooters to rush the shot.run it through Dwight slow the jack up quick three down. When they double down on Dwight be ready and take the shot.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

Dribble dribble, one on one basketball. Moronic runs with boneheaded plays. Lazy threes, on and on. This team is running out of sorts. Complacency all around. Huge disappointment to the fans.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Just a simple question, tell me a superstar basketball player with a Hollywood gf or wife