1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There Have Been 5 Major Shootings in the U.S. in the Past Week Alone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Miracles Boys33, Jun 11, 2014.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Look at a map of the last 74 school shootings. You'll notice they ere not happening in the inner cities. They mostly happen in the suburbs and rural south.

You're a joke and really, not a very good addition to the D&D.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, no one gets murdered in inner cities, only in schools. Honestly, if we got rid of the school shootings there would be no murders at all.

3. rudan

rudan Member

When black people are the victims.....

everyone here knows that's just the way it is............

4. mc mark

Here, let me help you.

Houston has had more than NYC.

[​IMG]

5. mc mark

It's a start

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, it really isn't. The number of school shootings is insignificant compared to the overall problem.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

We need more fully automatic suppressed military weapons to keep up with the criminals -- the good guys are being thoroughly out gunned... thanks Obama.

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

Guns = easiest to obtain, gives user false sense of power thus increase chance of using it.

9. treeman

treeman Member

The map is a joke. Many of those "school shootings" are not at all what you think they are. A student commits suicide in a parking lot. A faculty member's crazy ex shoots her while she's at work. This is the garbage that you're going to get out of Bloomberg's new group. Dishonest to the core.

And what's that about the "rural south"? Do you think I can't read? Houston, Atlanta, Orlando, Memphis, Fresno, Philadelphia, Nashville, Newark, Milwaukee, Seattle... Yes, I can read, moron. Rural south my a$$.

And as for the "rural south"... what, there's no ghetto culture there? That happens to be the region with the largest minority populations in the country. A large number of these shootings are gang-related.

You and the gun lobby are PATHETIC. Trying to pass the work of criminals off so that you can use it as an excuse to disarm law-abiding citizens. And you wonder why people like me don't trust people like you? You are liars, and your motives are not remotely pure. If you gave two sh!ts about actual firearm violence you wouldn't try and dissemble, you'd admit that gang-related violence is a HUGE chunk of the firearm violence that occurs in this country - a FAR larger chunk than whackos flipping out and going on shooting sprees. But no, you aren't worried about that. You want laws that will restrict MY use and ownership of firearms, even though I'm no threat to anyone but a thug.

GTFO of here with your BS you hypocritical liar.

1 person likes this.
  10. treeman

treeman Member

You must not carry a gun.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No, actually I'm not. I'm focusing on an epidemic which is gun violence in America. No gun violence happens without guns. If there were 15,000 bombings in the country then I'd be talking about bombs and how easy it is to make them as opposed to guns and how easy it is to get them. What's irrelevant are the stupid slogans that Republicans like you support in lieu of actual solutions.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

guns serve no constructive purpose in modern society.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, that's my point, I don't doubt that you would change to the next tool rather than realizing the actual reason for their use. Again with the "Republican" label simply because I don't agree with you....you're something of a simple creature aren't you?

The desire to do violence is the problem, not gun violence, not knife violence, not bomb violence, just violence in general. Don't focus on the tool, focus on the actual problem.

14. CometsWin

Another stupid argument. Automobiles and drivers are highly regulated unlike you and your guns, first. Second, nobody accidentally kills 20 kindergartners in their classroom with a rifle. That's quite intentional. Road fatalities are called accidents. Murders with a gun aren't accidents. Cars aren't manufactured with the intent of increasing lethality and killing more effectively, quite the opposite actually. Save me these stupid arguments.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Then why do those who are tasked to protect people always carry them? If they serve no purpose, there's no reason for cops to have them right?

16. CometsWin

I didn't know Newtown elementary school and Columbine high school were in the ghetto.

I didn't know that violent crime proliferates poor neighborhoods more than wealthier ones since this is the only country in the world were that must happen. It's not the 300 million guns in circulation, it's the poor people. ****ing please.

17. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i'm talking about civilians, besides if civilians had no guns cops wouldn't need them either

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well fortunately for everyone the high rate of abortion has really helped cut down on crime across the boards, but if you look at violent crime in America, there is a pretty strong link between poverty and violent crime.

Of course, no one really cares about those people, they only care when it happens somewhere that it isn't supposed to happen, like an elementary school in Connecticut as opposed to the streets of Detroit or whatever. When there is a violent crime in those areas then clearly we can't blame the people because they are "good people" not "inner city thugs" so the only option is to blame the tool they use. It's not their fault, it's the guns right?

19. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Making drugs illegal really stopped criminals from doing/selling them... won't banning guns stop criminals from using them too?

The problem is mental health. Gun control will just take the guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens, making them unprepared to defend themselves from criminals who don't give a damn whether they're breaking a law or not.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The whole problem with any solution is that they are all preemptive, and most preemptive measures will either be illegal or unrealistic.
    There is nothing realistically that can be done.
    Humans adapt. A curse of human intelligence and human nature.

#40 RedRedemption, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014