1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Theory] Jeremy Lin Secretly Wants Out of NY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yobod, Jul 14, 2012.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's such a big secret, he signed an offer sheet to play for Houston. Nobody will ever find out!!

2. yobod

yobod Member

Everyone in New York assumes its a formality jackass.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Or maybe he LIKES playing in NY, since he's adored there and that's where he made a name for himself, but he just wanted to get paid as much as possible. He knows the Knicks would match any offer -- he's that valuable to them for marketing purposes, even if he ends up backing up Kidd eventually.

4. wokdwok

wokdwok Member

Mentoring Kidd

Lin will be mentoring (wife beater) Kidd about non-violence towards women.
    Turnabout is fair play.

5. yobod

yobod Member

We'll see if the Knicks think he's work 70M in luxury taxes. He was adored in NY when he was running the show without Melo ball stopping. They were winning. When Melo came back Lin was much more ineffective and there was zero ball movement which led to D'antoni being fired. Lin didn't thrive under Woodson, and he's got too much talent to be backing up 39 year old Jason Kidd.

6. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

LOL if Lin is worried about Jason Kidd who is on his last legs( then we should have kept Dragic)

lol jk

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

He's also one of the top players in triple-doubles

8. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

No I don't think they do either, they are all just competittors caught up in the heat of the game....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E2kU8wxA8iw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  9. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Lol...anyone remarking that that play by Kidd wouldn't leave a lasting impression is an idiot. The best is the people that want to remark about Lin being "a professional" so of course that wouldn't bother him.

I'm a professional and call me crazy but we don't pull each other's hair while shoving lower backs to torque the neck where I work. Unless you are a police officer, getting assaulted isn't part of anyone's profession.

Kidd isn't known as an overwhelming dirty player (definitively has had some incidents though) and that game wasn't even important. It was obviously a personal issue. And I'm sure Lin still holds some resentment over it. And if he does, which is likely, that has nothing to do with his professionalism. It has to do with being a man and not liking to be disrespected out there on the court. That wasn't a hard foul, he was basically bullying him. He knew there would be no repercussions because Lin is basically a rookie kid (I know it was technically not his rookie year) riding high on the wave...and the Knicks teams as a whole are a bunch of p*****s.

10. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Lin would want out of NY more because of Carmelo than Kidd.

11. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Lin is smart -- no questioning that. IMO, he is looking at the dollars. Although the Knicks can either play the Lin card or fold, Lin can plainly see that the dollars paid by New York or by Houston are the same. However, the cost of living and the taxes in New York slice into his pay with a big knife. Ergo, playing in Houston gives him a lot more of his own money.

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I remember that game against the Mavs where Kidd pulled Lin's hair. As i watched the game, i notice Kidd is UNUSUALLY aggressive. I never seen him play like that before driving at will and want to score against Lin. I have no doubt he was embarrassed by Lin during their 1st match where the Knicks beat the Mavs. But to see him hold grudge against Lin is pretty funny to see especially when you're a veteran and a proven player. Same go with Deron Wiliams, both players got embarrassed in their first game and hold grudges and play aggressive in their next meeting.

Lin's defense got burned a lot when other team do pick n roll and i think that comes from Knicks playing horrible team defense. For example, Amare is a horrible help defender and he makes Lin look bad on defense cuz he doesn't play or close out the dribbler when they penetrate. So blame it on Lin all you want for playing weak defense but it's the team defense that's part of the blame.

13. bloop

bloop Member

Lin doesn't care about Kidd. It wasn't personal. Kidd was just roughing up the Chinese rook who needed to be taken down a slot. Lin actually idolized Kidd growing up in the Bay area.

If Lin has reservations about the Knicks it would be more along the lines of the fact that team is locked down for the next 3-4 years and their core with Carmelo has 0 chance of supplanting Miami. If Brooklyn gets Howard next year, the Knicks won't even be the best team in their own city.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lin is no fool, this is a stanford product. and it doesn't even take a stanford boy to realize that knicks management is an utter joke. why would he wanna stay there when it's clear they have no chance of putting together a real contender?

furthermore, the poison pill contract that he's already john handcocked - he has undoubtedly been made aware that it is going to cost NY tens and tens of millions in lux tax down the road AND hamper their overall roster (his would-be teammate situation). in my mind, he obviously doesn't want to play for that franchise...

15. mikennite

mikennite Member

lol that cracked me up

16. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

W....T....F :eek:

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Go back to TexansTalk. :p

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

There are Knicks fans saying he doesn't want to be there though. Saying he was treated bad.

19. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Lin would be one big baby if he wants out because of that play.

Things happen when folks play physical and hard.

20. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

what the hell are you talkin about? Im sure Lin has reservations about that still.. he may have forgotten about because they werent teammates, and now that hes signed you can bet ur ass that hes cognizant of it..

black, asian, white, it will be something extra