1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

2. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Ha, finally they can put that thing to rest. WrestleMania is fast becoming an Oldies vs. Newbies showdown every year. A legacy star from the Attitude Era facing a current era star. Might as well make an entire card of em for 30.

Austin v Punk

Rock v Orton

Taker v Cena

HHH v Bryan

Goldberg v Ryback

Brock v Sheamus

Trish Stratus v AJ

WM Payday Battle Royal (Everyone else with nothing to do participates and enjoys the Mania check in the mail for competing)

I'd actually pay to see this card.

3. The Drake

The Drake Member

Any of you marks check out the Antonio Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn (El Generico) 2 out of 3 falls match on NXT this week?

It definitely lives up to the hype.

4. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Yeah thats what I heard....I saw some gifs from the match too. Some unreal stuff seriously.

Kinda mad that Cesaro gets jobbed though. He needs to be in a WHC rivalry with Ziggler

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yea i mentioned it on the previous page. I basically have Hulu almost exclusively for NXT. I'm guessing the WWE is keeping generico in NXT to work on his character. It's a shame so few fans will actually watch that match in NXT. That sunset flip powerbomb and the through the ropes DDT are sick moves.

If he's gonna get over it will be because of his work not his mic skills, I think they should just call him up and start putting him in matches, any matches.

Cesaro got a push but his character never really go over, despite his in-ring excellence. I think they should have teamed him with Heyman, his work and Heymans obnoxious personality=gold. Not to mention Cesaro/Punk matches.

6. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Touche'. Punk has also worn plenty of Cesaro gear around to support him...that would be one nice feud of Cesaro/Punk. Can't say the same about Axel though cause the way they've built him is all wrong. He looks so weak and just doesn't add any relevance to the IC title whatsoever.

7. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Holy criggity crap. What the hell have I been missing not watching the new NXT? That match was phenomenal! Match of the year 2013!

Go to the last 15 mins of the show.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x13h3br"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13h3br_wwe-nxt-8-21-13-full-show-hq_sport" target="_blank">WWE NXT 8/21/13 - Full Show (HQ)</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/WrestlingVidsUploaderHQv2" target="_blank">WrestlingVidsUploaderHQv2</a></i>

8. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gSRMrf7mC-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/j_m9ZYYV7kc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rZlMiAfPrfs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

I know its still early and they got a lot of learning to do but Ortiz and Rampage look hilariously unnatural in the wrestling world.

11. Beavis Stiffler

It's like they're trying to do what Ken Shamrock and Dan Savern did when both were in the WWF/E back in the late 1990s. Now this time it's the Rampage Jackson-Tito Ortiz feud. TNA are doing this to build up the PPV fight of Bellator.

Believe it or not, remember when the WWE and the UFC had a working partnership back during the Attitude Era. The WWE were promoting UFC/MMA fights and PPV events on their TV programs. This was a couple years before Zuffa bought the UFC. Now, these two companies are just competing for PPV revenues. I don't think they will work together because of the big egos between the two promoters, WWE chairman Vince McMahon and UFC president Dana White.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Daniel Bryan closing out the show in a gauntlet match for vandalizing Orton's new Escalade gift from HHH. If anyone else interferes or backs up Bryan they are fired.

13. Beavis Stiffler

The best part from tonight's Raw is AJ's "pipe bomb" promo on the women's division and the Bella Twins getting all the fame from their reality show.

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I know I'm not the only ones that listens to old school theme songs lol

15. So Good

So Good Member

She did a great job. She's the only "Diva" I will probably not hit fast forward on (I tend to watch Raw on like a hour delay so I don't watch the filler).

Those girls acting like they were offended was awful...unnatural and totally fake (yes, I know the irony of what I said).

16. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

What a great Raw, I was wanting Show to hit the KO punch on Orton or HHH there, that would have been awesome and the roof would have come off..D Bryan is so over and that whole last segment beat down got massive heat, please dont screw this up WWE.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

They have a golden opp to push a second face big time. A push would be wasted on Big Show, really Ziggler is the only young face at that level. The whole corporation vs. Bryan alone feels like overkill, bring in a second guy. Plenty of corporate bullying to go around.

And AJ has separated herself so far from the rest of the women it's not even funny. She needs a foil desperately, seems like a great time to bring up Paige.

1 person likes this.
  18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I was really hoping Ziggler was going to go in and help out. Just think of the great matches he teaming with Bryan will be like. I'm so glad Daniel Bryan is finally getting this push very well deserves for one of the best in the business.

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I think they planted the seeds for that with Show, Zig, and Miz.

Bella twins. Sure, they're hot, but boy are they annoying in the ring. They're getting pushes because of who they're with.

20. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Exactly. This is pretty much the problem with the current roster. Tons of talent, no doubt. Probably the most depth in a roster than their has been in years.

BUT...no one truly gives a damn about the whole lot of them. It seems the age of admirable babyfaces is long gone. Babyfaces still have a lot of douchey or annoying quality to them (Punk, Bryan and now Ziggler, Cody Rhodes and Miz). Some interchange between being Face and Heel without a change in philosophy, mentality etc. They're still the same guy. Where's the motivation, where's the epiphany or the tipping point? It's storytelling 101 and WWE can't even get that right half the time. Now I get that the Rock and Austin as babyfaces were the same way but they were mainly just edgy but did the upright thing when a situation presented it.

Why should I care about or like about Kofi? Just that he smiles a lot? Why should I care about Miz if he's the same annoying goof he's always been (really? really?). It's been a long time since there's been a new babyface that you can really get behind and root for other than just their cool moveset and the fact that the WWE machine just merely says that they should be liked.

Give us a reason!

I agree that the "intervening hero" shouldn't be wasted on Show, though it looks to be the case. It should be a person that needs that push into the main event babyface tier of Cena/Punk/Bryan. Ziggler could do that. Kofi could. Ryback couldve if he was still face. (They completely effed him up by the way.)

With Cena out and Sheamus out (I don't like Sheamus as a face but I bet he'd take the Show role if he wasn't injured) this is a key time for WWE to really get behind and elevate some of those floundering midcarders and make us give a damn about them and rally behind them.