1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Absolute burial of Nakamura.. what a joke.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Do you guys ever not complain about the shows? Lol. Geez, boring ass shows WWE keeps on putting out, yet y'all are there constantly watching lol. I enjoyed it, good show overall. Watching Braun destroy everybody was a lot of fun.

DudeWah likes this.
  3. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Jinder sucks and should not be champion when he can't even execute his finisher properly.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree with you. I enjoyed a few of the other matches though. I can't wait until they take the title from Jinder and stop pushing him.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Watch, I bet we'll see a rematch on SD Tuesday.

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Came to this realization last month and cancelled my network subscription. I don't accept writing this bad on any other show I watch so I don't know why I keep giving WWE (main roster) ratings and money. I will watch NXT on Hulu and that's it.

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Uh huh. Losing your first main event world Title Match at SummerSlam. He's totally in the weeds. Lol.

8. Fantasma Negro

Are you kidding me Nakamura had a dope ass entrance and had a pretty solid match. The way a lot of people are responding to the Maharajah makes me feel old because it seems like I'm the only one that remembers the JBL heel push and how that mutual fan hate for JBL made smackdown a better product because we got to see JBL get his ass kicked by Eddie Guerrero, Taker, Booker T, Batista, Mysterio, Kurt Angle and of course John Cena. Who in here thinks JBL was a great champion? No one but during his run he had great matches and always found a way to win by the skin of his teeth because he's a heel. Remember when JBL won a match by getting choke-slammed through the ring and therefore he'd touched the ground first before big show? Heel. So basically if you're upset with the result of the match Maharajah did his job but you need to be patient, this was only the first match and they almost never take the belt off the champ in the first match of a new saga.

That being said that ppv was ass. Only four matches worth watching:
    Usos vs. New Day
    Shield vs Ceshamus
    Bliss vs Banks
    K.O vs Styles

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I stopped watching way before JBL rose to prominence, but looking back with smarkier eyes I see the role that he filled, and probably pretty well. But I bet the way he was winning was better, or at least more varied, than Singh brothers interference with a Cobra Clutch Slam finish.

When the Bollywood Boys weren't on the show the last couple of weeks, Orton and Cena both unequivocally beat Jinder. making him look weak leading up to Summerslam. At least when Seth was pulling the same shtick in 2015 with J&J, you still knew or could believe that he was the best wrestler on the roster not named Brock.

I'm still excited for Surivor Series, but probably gonna splurge more for Takeover tickets with the new developments.

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I was surprised she kicked out of Eclipse, and then doubly surprised the superkick didn't get the win. The way that kick connected and Asuka just shot backwards looked great and just felt like it was a moment that could earn a pinfall.

11. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

What about the Fatal 4 Way? That was awesome.

12. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I think Bobby Roode, Authors of Pain, Peyton Royce & Billie Kay (they do wanna create a Women's tag division) & No Way Jose will be the post-SummerSlam call-ups. Maybe Itami to add more to the CW Division.

TakeOver:Brooklyn is everything a wrestling show should be. The wave of NXT talent, HHH will have once he gets handed the control makes me happy.

I'd like to see this NXT: Houston card

NXT Championship
    Drew McIntyre vs Adam Cole

NXT Women's Championship
    Asuka vs Winner of Mae Young Classic or Ember Moon II

NXT Tag Team Championship
    SAniTy vs reDRagon

WWE U.K. Championship
    Pete Dunne vs Trent Seven

#1 Contender Triple Threat
    Aleister Black vs Roderick Strong vs Andrade Cien Almas. Itami could make it an even 4

Johnny Gargano vs Tomasso Ciampa

McIntyre, Cole, Strong, Black, Almas, Itami & Gargano is a pretty strong group vying for main event title matches.

Asuka & Moon are probably the only title worthy women, I'm sure adding depth from whomever they sign off the Mae Young tourney could add a good 2-3 on each of the three shows. Cross, Riot, Liv are solid competition for TV.

SAniTy, reDRagon, TM-61 is cool. Young Bucks are probably the next wave.

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Jinder's finisher seems as protected as Cena's AA used to be. Never see anyone kick out of it.

Anyway, loved NXT Takeover. Hideo and Black was a damn good one to me.

New Day vs Usos should've been on the main show. Both tag team matches were highlights of Summerslam.

The fatal four way delivered. Not the best finish but Braun and Joe still looked strong at the end. Glad Roman took the pin

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I regret not going to NXT, I was on the fence about it, but had other friends come to NY, of them was their first time, and just went around town Saturday night

Summerslam was ok, enjoyed it more than last year where AJ/Cena, Balor/Rollins were the only match worth mentioning. SD Tag Match should've been on main show, Styles/KO, Naomi/Natalya, Bliss/Banks, Raw Tag match, Fatal 4 way were good matches. Loved the beach ball spot with Cesaro, that was amazing, had one of the biggest pops of the night.

LOVED the Miz segment on Raw with Reigns/Cena, since he everything he said is damn true, reminds me of his rant last year on Smacking Talk after Summerslam. The beach ball thing is getting annoying now, especially at Raw last night, there was one almost every match. It was funny when I saw it at Raw last year after WM32 but now it's just insulting to the wrestlers. Miz even cut a promo to the crowd during commercial break how the beach ball gets over before him.

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Agreed on the beach ball. It was funny at Summerslam solely because Cesaro went after it so aggressively. On Raw, it was terrible. It's an example of the fans trying to get themselves over and stealing the attention away from the performers.

Dave2000 likes this.
  16. VanityHalfBlack

Y'all better go to NXT Takeover: Houston is what I'm saying.

17. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Have tickets not gone on sale yet? I see tickets for Survivor Series, Raw, and Smackdown, but nothing for Takeover.

18. VanityHalfBlack

Not yet I don't think. @Dave2000 got the connections.

19. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Not yet
    Not yet guessing by October

SD was good, I geeked out for Roode's debut, the rest of the card was fine. Cool to see Enzo's 205 debut with Neville's IDGAF reaction. Dark match was Jinder/Orton with Bollywood Boys interfering for the 1000th time for the DQ

Good 4 days of events, all that's left is Survivor Series to complete the Grand Slam of 2017 PPVs

#5839 Dave2000, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  20. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Asuka broke her collarbone in the match and is expected to miss 6-8 weeks but should be good for TakeOver Houston

Big Cas' knee injury is serious :(