1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Maybe I'm spoiled from the Omega/Okada matches going 40-60 mins. 7 min main event matches just doesn't do it for me as much. Not saying I want Joe/Brock to go Broadway but is 15 mins for a main event too long or something?

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

They need to get the belt off of Lesnar but they're not going to do it at something called "Great Balls of Fire". Knew Joe was going to be a sacrificial lamb to give Lesnar something to do before Summer Slam. There'll probably be a triple threat match or something so Lesnar can drop the belt without being pinned (again).

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Mate...
    The number one issue with wrestling today is that the matches are too long.
    a 7 min smash mouth main is perfect.
    All other matches should max out at 5 mins

At the end of the day it's fake fighting, and the ratings are down because casual fans have lost interest because they don't give a damn about 'work rate' - they want storylines and general entertainment value.

Fantasma Negro and DudeWah like this.
  4. VanityHalfBlack

That's WWE. I could care less about the ratings or casual fans. I was just talking about the omega/okada matches in general. The ratings being down doesn't really hurt wwe at all. They still banking especially mania season. Merch sales and network subscriptions, ratings is just a small dent.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I've gotten used to the 30m+ NJPW big singles matches but I'm excited to think what Omega/Okada 3 will be like with the g1 style 30 minute time limit. I wish I knew how to fix wwe but on a 3hr show there's definitely room for both longer matches along with their 5-7 minute matches where both guys just get their moves in and then proceed to the finish.

As long as we have Brock we're gonna have these short main events, because they're gonna try to do everything like it's mma.

6. VanityHalfBlack

G1 is going to be dope as ***. Curious to see what kind of stories they going to tell being a 30 min time limit. I think I'm going to have to go with Ibushi vs Omega in the finals. They've been meaning to have an epic match and no other way to tell it in the finals of a G1 imo.

7. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

They'll care in 2019 when the National Network deal is up for negotiations.

WWE and fans like you may not care, but the Networks - that's ALL they care about!

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Can someone tell me how Raw/SD on Hulu works?

Does it come on Hulu the day after?
    Do you have to pay for a Hulu subscription to be able to watch it?
    Is it the full version of the shows or is it an abbreviated version?

9. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

The wrestling in WWE is mostly fine. Could definitely be better in some respects, like loosening up on their style restrictions or leaving the stupid hard camera alone, but the roster has never been more talented. The booking is the real nightmare - they just don't seem to know how to end matches anymore, or how to tell stories that build and resolve properly.

vinsensual and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Both show on Hulu the day after airing usually by 7am. They even have some NXT stuff on there too. It is abbreviated, but its nothing you'd miss. They make sure to have the more important stuff on there. I actually prefer the abbreviated stuff it gives the show a much better flow

Oh and yes you do have to pay for Hulu to watch

Haymitch likes this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

TY.

Looking into cable cutting options. I remember that you used to be able to buy like a 6 month Hulu subscription gift card on sale. Do they still do that? If so do you know where these sales might happen?

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I wish I could tell you buddy. A female friend lets me use her Hulu. I don't know about any promos just know its $9.99 a month. I can tell you if anything ever went sour between us and I lost access I'd gladly sign up for Hulu myself.

Haymitch likes this.
  13. VanityHalfBlack

The Raw on hulu is condensed to 90 mins. Which is a good thing.

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

What's funny about everyone praising NJPW so much is that I don't even know if y'all realize how trash the rest of the card is most of the times... I mean they have those great singles main events only like once every few months.

Most of the time the card is stacked with a bunch of 6,8, or 10 man tag team matches that mean nothing.

15. VanityHalfBlack

those are road to shows leading up to the big show the day before of. they gotta do something at least. if they all have singles matches it'll be a 10 hr show.

16. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

The Mae Young Classic is sounding super awesome.

Serena Deeb is back (post CM Punk's SxE society with Luke Gallows)

They kept some of the biggest names under wraps until the day of the tournament and Ronda Rousey is backstage

17. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

#5757 y2Joem, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What was this supposed to be?

19. Fantasma Negro

Kam likes this.
  20. VanityHalfBlack

I'm intrigued now. DON'T LEAVE US HANGING BRUH!!!!