1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

After seeing Dolph in that Chicken Little promo, I was in disbelief that I thought this guy could have been champ. He sorta just beat Miz, so maybe he's gonna contend for the IC title.

There's only 3 smackdowns till Backlash so they need quick credibility for each title contender. Not to mention establish the people contending for the new tag and women's titles.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Heath Slater is all you need. Heath Slater is in who we trust.

3. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

AJ/Dean headlining Backlash.

4. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I don't even know whats real and whats fake anymore. :eek:

Bravo to the Miz though. :)

6. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Think it's a work, but there is some truth to it.

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

There's only a few guys who've ever crossed the stiffness that Brock Lesnar delivers, the 10 staples in Randy Orton's forehead is the latest reminder

That might be the most brutal thing in SummerSlam history

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Backlash looks pretty awesome

Styles/Ambrose WWE Title
    Universal Title
    New Day/The Club WWE Tag
    Probably Alpha/Usos SD Tag
    Bayley/Charlotte WWE Women's
    Probably Becky/Nattie SD Women's
    Bray/Orton
    Cruiserweight Title?
    Cesaro/Sheamus best of 7

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I think they're brand specific events now. Night of Champions became Clash of Champions and is Raw only. Smackdown gets Backlash in September. Really puts a lot on the plate for the writers to keep things interesting for over a month.

11. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

Yup. I don't care what anyone thinks of The Miz. That promo was hot FIRE.

1 person likes this.
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I've been a fan of Miz pretty much the entire time he's been in WWE. That was great.

Unfortunately for him, there are ZERO elite midcard guys on the SD roster for him to feud with.

Here's to hoping either Cesaro or Zayn end up on SD.

13. VanityHalfBlack

Maybe but if we're talking brutal this year, I'd go Shibata head butting Nakajima at G1.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CEFChAqO3d8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. VanityHalfBlack

LOL at the Miz for getting butthurt cause Bryan said he can't wrestle and a coward for not taking hits. As great as he is on the Mic, what Daniel Bryan said rings true though. But it's all scripted so that segment was pretty damn good. He's a solid actor that Miz guy.

15. Victorious

Victorious Member

you know its good when people question if it was a work or a shoot lol. miz with a hell of a comeback for the corward comment. taking shots a bryan's injury and calling him out to quit and go indy if he loves to wrestle so much haha damn

16. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Backlash is only Smackdown so they are going to have to work fast to fill the card out with only Ambrose/AJ, Women's title, SD Tag and Bray/Orton looking like the only matches right now.

17. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

As mentioned, Backlash will be a SmackDown-exclusive event. Other than the 4 guaranteed matches already listed, Miz will definitely defend the IC Title, I just don't know who it will be against though. Ziggler perhaps, maybe a rare heel-vs-heel matchup with Corbin, seems like the only real possibilities I can think of now. I highly doubt it would be against Kalisto or a 2nd match with Crews.

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Since Smackdown is only a 2 hour show and consequently they have 2/3 the size of Raw's roster, should their PPV's only be 2 hours as well?

19. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

that's an interesting thought, they will probably just go away with "pre-show matches" which i thought were dumb anyway, none of them really grabbed anybody's attention

20. VanityHalfBlack

The pre-show should just be all analysis/predictions about the matches on the card. No need for a throw away match in the beginning and get people gassed the fukk out by the time the show starts, right?