1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

There's still a contingent of people who think the shield was broken up too soon, though they had a stellar 2 year run of looking strong.

Cass still needs to get a better feel on the mic, it really seems like he's reading a teleprompter with his over-annunciation and pauses. I thought it was a shtick after the Vaudevillains took a shot at their accents but Cass is still doing it. He's got big time potential though, bigger than Diesel.

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Rollins/Ambrose for the title again tonight

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Ambrose needs to cut down on doing that under the rope spin around lariat 5 times a match.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's better than when he slowly runs into the opposite corner, bounces off the middle rope, then slowly runs back to give his opponent a clothesline.

But I don't blame him; I blame his jeans. Dude needs to get some tights or at least some shorts. Jeans weren't made for performing athletic maneuvers.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Speaking of doing things to often anybody think Cesaros uppercuts are getting a little out of hand? Like on the match last night he legit threw about 50 uppercuts before even attempting another move.

6. VanityHalfBlack

Hahahha. I noticed that too. It was the last Live Raw show before the draft, might as well go overboard with the cocktails. Jack Daniels on deck!!!

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Raw is destroying SD

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Baron Corbin is the only real scratcher so far.

Also kinda disappointed they're keeping Owens and Zayn together. Their fued obviously won't be over after Sunday.

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I have little to no interest in the SD roster so far, they better get Cesaro and clean up with top NXT picks left. Nakamura/Joe, Alpha and Bayley

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Definitely a letdown, though I don't know what I was expecting. Funny to see a TNA ad though.

When DB was reluctantly drafting Miz, I know that feeling too well from fantasy football, and it's a sign of a bad draft.

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Alpha is the only new thing I dig on SD but there's no other tag teams so...

12. VanityHalfBlack

Wow, SD did pretty meh in the draft. Maybe that was the intention from VM

13. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

This "draft" and its rules were rigged for Raw. So much for actual competition among brands.

14. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Really?

Ambrose
    Styles
    Cena
    Orton
    Wyatt

That's solid top 5.

Ziggler
    Miz
    Del Rio
    Kane
    Usos

That's a really good group of mid cards, with guys like Miz, Ziggler able legitimately main event every now and down.

I actually think they basically stacked Smack Down with bankable guys so people will watch while putting guys with high potential on RAW so they can reach it.

15. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Usos are pretty over and Vaudevillans are not bad

16. Beavis Stiffler

Raw gets exclusive rights to the Women's Title. Does that mean SD will bring back the Divas Title?

I would like to see a few more championships be brought back like the Cruiserweight title for Raw and maybe the European and Hardcore (24/7) titles for Smackdown.

This is what I think which titles should belong to Raw and Smackdown:

Raw
    WWE Championship
    WWE Tag Team Championship
    U.S. Title
    Women's Title
    Cruiserweight Title

Smackdown
    World Heavyweight Championship
    World Tag Team Championship
    Intercontinental Title
    Divas Title

17. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Yes, really; think about it.

Talking major singles men's names, SD has Ambrose, Styles, Cena, Orton, Wyatt, Miz, and Ziggler, and who else is even relevant after that???

Raw has Rollins, Reigns, KO, Zayn, Cesaro, Balor, Jericho, Lesnar, Rusev

Not counting Miz and Ziggler as weekly consistent main-event wrestlers on SD and Lesnar who will never wrestle on Raw, Raw has an 8-5 advantage in main-event caliber competitors every week. I wanted some balance between the rosters. I have a very hard time thinking there is any of that. Hopefully some free agents can help boost the blue brand, or the guys can be booked and allowed to prosper.

Do I even need to talk about "established" Tag Teams? I will anyway...Raw has New Day, Enzo and Cass, Gallows and Anderson, even the Dudley Boyz. SD has the Usos; I am glad to see the NXT flavor w/ teams on SD like American Alpha, Vaudevillians, Ascension, but their direction hangs on creative, who has a knack for dropping the ball very often. If SD had a separate head writer like Heyman (a trusted mind who had full control over SD booking) during SD's golden years when they were far and away superior to Raw, I would feel different, knowing that SD is in good hands. Since it appears that Vince will have final say over both shows, I don't feel good at all about this. Vince had that promo about the spirit of competition, but the deck is heavily stacked against SD. If rosters do stay like this, let's hope that SD has "diamonds in the rough".

And AFAIK, I truly can't believe that all the talent really didn't know where they would end up until tonight. That's just my opinion though.

18. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

It's hilarious that in kayfabe Daniel Bryan drafted Mojo Rawley or freaking Shinsuke Nakamura.....

19. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

over**

20. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Both rosters are pretty loaded but I like RAWs more cause of all the top new guys. Zayn, Owens, Balor & Cesaro are top 7 guys on RAW with a real shot at being WWE Champion.

Add Rusev to the Raw main Eventers

New Day, Certified G's, The Club

Charlotte, Sasha, Nia, Paige, Dana

CWC final is rumored to be the crowning of the Cruiserweight Champ

Neville, Kalisto, Sheamus, Jericho & Darren Young as the top mid-card guys

SD Main Eventers: Ambrose, Styles (will be champion at some point), Cena, Orton, Del Rio, Corbin, Bray

Tag: Alpha, Usos, Vaudevillains, Hype Bros

Women: Becky, Natalya, Alexa, Carmella, Naomi

Mid-Card: Miz, ZIGGLER, Crews, Wyatt Family (Rowand & Harper)

I'd do this for SS

Rollins v Reigns
    Ambrose v Bray
    Cena v Styles
    Lesnar v Orton
    #1 contender Fatal 4 Way Owens, Zayn, Balor, Cesaro
    Charlotte v Sasha
    New Day v The Club v Certified G's
    Miz v Corbin

Alpha v Usos/Vaudevillains
    Becky/Nattie
    Rusev/