1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Fine you win, I'm sorry I had an opinion. Carry on.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Come on guys, play nice. Let's just sit back, crack a cold one and enjoy Wednesdays nights! and the lame ass draft, lol. ;)

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

WWE made some draft rules available

Raw gets first pick
    Every two picks SD recieves, Raw gets three for three hours.
    Tag teams count as one pick unless GM wants specific guy
    6 picks from the NXT roster! BALOR CLUB

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Expecting American Alpha, Bayley, Balor, Joe, Jax and the Revival to be drafted from NXT...

Obviously Nakamara is ready and he could easily be drafted but I think they might decide to keep him in NXT to keep it hot since they will be down so many top guys.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah, I'd be surprised if Nak is a draft pick. They need him in NXT to feud with Ibushi and Itami. Joe might get picked though.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What about the Asian woman wrestler in NXT? She's pretty good. She could get drafted.

7. buffalobills!!!

Asuka is fine

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Seth goes number one, Ambrose number two... Both shows have claims to a title.

Bad ass they are bringing the cruiserweights back to Raw I imagine this mean smackdown will get a exclusive division... Probably just the IC title though.

9. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Ibushi, Itami and Aries could friggin run the cruiserweight division on their own.

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Really wish Shinsuke was #2 but I understand the need too keep him in NXT until Ibushi and Ricochet get a few Takeovers against Dillinger, Aries, etc

And he may never be WWE Champ so adding to NXT's really great title lineage is crucial.

Balor and Alpha are locks to be picked. Bayley, Joe are likely. Revival coming up is going to cause a major void in NXT's tag division so I think they stay. I'll say Nia cause she's the monster heel the women's division needs and she's shown she's gifted up too hang with Bayley, Asuka in Takeover title matches. Maybe Dillinger, Aries, Carmella (can't imagine her being left behind her 3 best friends)

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Is Aries under 205?

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Is Aries under 205?

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Neville and Kalisto are the only two Cruiserweights I can think of on the main roster. They gotta be signing 6-8 guys from the CWC tourney (Sabre, Ibushi, etc)

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Gran Metalik or whatever supposedly signed a contract along with Ibushi... I expect Alexander, Sabre, Tajiri, Kendrick, Swann, da Mack and a few others to be signed soon.

Interesting to see Paul Heyman offering Will Osprey an evolve contract, since that means he is definitely on WWEs radar.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Xavier Woods is listed right at 205

16. VanityHalfBlack

So I'm guessing CWC is exclusively paired with smackdown now that Bryan is GM? Damn, this **** is insane!! Raw gets their own? WOW!

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I don't know if it was their intention but that dusty finish really upped the anticipation to tune in to Smackdown, besides the draft. They aired the post Raw results on the network and announced on twitter that Dean retained, but the watching audience would never know that and only be like "I gotta watch right at 7"

After 3-4 weeks of lame duck booking it's nice that we have substance on the shows again. And watching Xavier getting to just rattle off pokemon to a national audience has gotta fulfill some sort of "now i've seen everything" sort of checklist.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Also, maybe Enzo as a cruiserweight? Whenever he fights a heavyweight guy he just gets the crap beat out of him.

Plus, might be time to let Cass start his singles career.

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Does it even really matter who won? There's a triple threat match on Sunday.

20. VanityHalfBlack

Enzo does not look good going up against the like of AJ. I don't think he would fair well at the cruiser-weight tournys. He can't wrestle. But he's damn good on the mic though.