1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Yeah they have done a great job with Roman vs AJ... Could be feud of the year if they keep it going and interesting. Especially considering when you look back to when AJ debuted it was just him and Roman standing 1 on 1 at the RR. Makes you think they had this whole thing cooking for awhile.

Also I think AJ might be Romans best opponent they have a bad ass dynamic!

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Going through the list of the more athletic, fast paced champs in WWE History (HBK, Bret, Angle, Jericho, Bryan, Rollins, etc) I can't think of anyone who can touch AJ's talent in the ring. I'm sure WWE realized this and knows Styles window is not beyond a few years.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Agreed that this is a good fued. And I am very anti-Reigns.

The weak link out of all 6 of them is Gallows. He's not a liability in the ring but he's not special or interesting in any way.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Very true, I haven't really watched a ton of their stuff from before WWE but I have really takin a liking to Karl Anderson, I think he has a singles run in him. Seems WWE doesn't see it yet tho cause he's the one taking all the L's right now.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Not that I disagree with you, but between Styles, Zayn, Owens there's not enough room in Vince's show for any more guys on the smaller side near the top of the card. Zayn is actaully fairly tall, but his dad bod hurts him a ton with the top brass, you can guarantee that.

If you aren't swoll and/or tall Vince doesn't like you near the main event. Not saying they can never break through, plenty have, but it's tough and he doesn't want his show to start looking "small" with multiple guys like that. I think Finn Balor is gonna hit that wall hard when he gets called up.

They just love size (over skill or charsima), this has been proven time and time again. It is far and away the thing that will get you ahead in that company

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

The size thing is overblown. HBK, Bret weren't overblown on roids yet.

Jericho, Mysterio, Bryan, Punk, Rollins, Miz, etc

Zayn can do it. The stuff with Cena, Owens, Nakamura, Styles, Cesaro has shown it. It's not been 5 months since his debut. And he wasn't on WWE TV much between RR & WM. Now he's a focal point of the show and the IC Title match is probably #2 on Extreme Rules Card in importance.

Rollins coming back is going to make RAW explode.

8. VanityHalfBlack

^WWE calls it: The New Era.

9. VanityHalfBlack

For those that have the WWE Network. Are you watching any of their archives? just finished watching war games 92- could be my favorite match... of all time...

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I miss the War Games matches but I always wished they did it elimination tag style like Survivor Series

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I'm not saying he has to be given a main event push but I could definitely see him having bad ass IC matches... There's just something about him that I like, it might be he just looks like a bad ass haha

Plus I've looked up some of his singles matches from NJPW and he can go there is no doubt about it.

12. SuraGotMadHops

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Dana Brooke looks 100x better on WWE TV since her NXT TV debut about a year ago. I remember reading all the ****ting on her and hearing it in Full Sail. She's survived it and just had a really great and vicious back and forth match with Paige. She's deserving of a match with Becky Lynch at Extreme Rules, even if it's on the Kickoff Show.

Kevin Owens and Cesaro will always be a 100% adrenaline ride.

Luke Gallows got a nice showcase match against the champ in the main event. Good SD

14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Stardust asked for his release :(

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

That sucks. I like Cody Rhodes.

16. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Cody Rhodes mere existence makes me hate life.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The Stardust character was stupid. Cody Rhodes was clearly never going to get a fair shot at WWE.

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I actually loved Stardust when he debut with his brother, they just never gave him anything. I even liked when they teamed him with the ascension but they axed that quickly.

I just admired his commitment to the character.

19. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Good News...Rusev new US Champ

Bad News...

[​IMG]

20. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Best 2 matches of the night in back-2-back fashion.

Great 4-way match,
    except the fact Miz won

Outstanding Asylum Match,
    BIG THANKS to Jericho for having 2 spots with all those damn thumbtacks!!!