1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Next PPV is probably going to have..

Styles vs Reigns
    Owens vs Zayn
    Enzo & Cas vs Dudleys

Who woulda imagined that last April

2. VanityHalfBlack

Nxt still rules though. Can't wait for Wednesday. I so hope enzo does a bit from raging bull or something in the future. 'Hey pick up the steak, I said lick up the steak.'

3. SuraGotMadHops

Just another thing Houston has up on Dallas, H-town always kills it as a host city. The Superbowl at Jerryworld a few years ago was a dud too. I don't think we've ever had a SB, WM, All-Star Game, or Final Four have any problems.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Just thinking out loud for the woman's title. I think they should bring up Bayley in the fall. Mean time, have Charlotte have some quick feuds with other divas like Natalya. Then build it to Sasha at summer slam where she wins it. Keep her and Baley separated until near Wrestlemania. Then have a match. Bam. I booked the main story for the women's division for the next year.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Sounds like Raw was an apology to fans for Wrestlemania. Good for WWE.

6. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

I like AJ Styles alot but if they wanted to pair 2 guys with no mic skills I wish they would've let Cesaro get a shot at Reigns.

7. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Looks like Sami might've hurt his shoulder again... Guy just can't catch a break.

8. VanityHalfBlack

I can understand that. To me it's always about the skills in the ring which is why I watch NXT and NJPW more. Heck what do I know? I'm in my mid 30s and still watch wrestling when this stuff is really aimed at children, you know?

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

In ring action is great, but good story lines and personal charisma have always been what drives wrestling. The big problem they have right now is Reigns can't carry a great match, nor does he have any charisma. Nor are they able to write compelling story lines.

As long as they keep Reigns face they are gonna be in a perpetual catch 22 in the main event. Fans won't cheer him, and the promos are gonna be bad because even if his opponent has mic skills, those abilities are gonna be neutered because they won't allow them to make fun of the supposed babyface Reigns.

Turning him heel makes far too much sense, he was even showing that natural heel smugness last night. They're just being stubborn at this point, against their actual best interests. They have an array of potentially awesome feuds for a heel Reigns.

10. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah I'm with you. Heck I'd say switch the wwe writers for clutchfans brehs. We can come up with better **** than Reigns winning the championship. Man, I'm really getting hyped for Enzo and Cass though. Them dudes is crazy.

11. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

At the end of the day its all about ring skills for me also. Its just that the whole storytelling around the championship has been terrible with Reigns and anyone challenging him. Bringing someone like AJ who might be worse than Reigns with mic skills, isn't going to help the storytelling.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wonder if they are going with him with a tweener.

Last night he said it himself. "I'm not a good guy, I'm not a bad guy, I'm THE guy."

and that paired with the smugness of last night plus him going against a face for his first defense when it could have been easily KO or Jericho makes me think that they are just going to have him there. Which I think would work a lot better for him. It allows them to just continue to push him and not worry about if people are booing or cheering him.

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Was reported it was just for storyline purposes, he's not injured in any way.

Anderson & Gallows were backstage at RAW, guess they wanted to limit the amount of debuts for one show

14. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Thank god! He's one of my favorites and really hoping he gets a great push.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yeah if he had a shoulder injury I doubt they would let Owens put him through a table.

Finally got back from Dallas today. For the most part I enjoyed Mania. Except for the last match of course. Nothing interesting at all save for when Steph got speared, but I was expecting something new or exciting from Reigns but there was nothing. And the boos were insane and had me laughing tho.

Marked out for Stone Cold and the Rock. Shane is a damn warrior.

Really feels like they might actually turn Reigns heel with his reaction on RAW.

First time seeing Apollo Crews wrestle. He was very good in the ring. Wonder how he cuts a promo. Titus' sacrifice gave us Crews I guess.

Good to see Cesaro back. Hope they give him a nice push/feud. Please god don't let him start feuding with Jericho....

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

AJ doesn't have bad mic skills at all.

He's just a freaking red neck.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Dang I'm glad we got club seating. Was waiting in the wrong line for a while but were able to watch the end of the Rockets game on my phone during that time. Found out about the club entrance and was able to walk right in. Food and drink was easily available.

1 person likes this.
  18. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm glad they seem to finally have made the decision to make Reigns turn heel. I have to assume they are because Styles is the correct choice for his feud for it.

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Monday night raw on 8/29.

He's not heel. Not yet, but getting there.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

:confused::confused::confused: