1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Lillian Garcia is awful

Once again she introduces an IC match before they even do the dialogue.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Enzo and Cass just tore that place down. The feud with Dudley's SHOULD be fun...

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Enzo and Cass... awesome. Just awesome.

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

****. Marking out for James Bond Cesaro.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This like the 2nd year in a row that the Raw after Wrestlemania did more for excitement than the actual wrestlemania.

Felt like an NXT show with meaningful matches and angles, would like to think that would continue past this night...

Hope they give Crews and Corbin a chance to go.

Vaudevillains and Enzo/Cass? That really beefs up the tag division.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

So AJ jobs to Jericho at Mania and now he's #1 contender?

What is writing.

It would be amazing if Reigns defends against Styles. Bullet club debuts, and AJ destroys Reigns and becomes champ.

AJ/Bullet Club look invincible.

Then when all hope seems lost.

A "new" challenger appears:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uKuTh81Gguw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#3906 DudeWah, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

LOVE IT!

Freaking awesome. Amazing match. Great Raw.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Really hope the "Shane" angle stays, if only for the fact that we don't have to hear Steph's shrill, grating voice for a while.

Pretty solid Raw. Wish there was a new(er) challenger for Charlotte than Nattie.

Random Crews call-up. Poor Prince Pretty. I think he's never getting anything in this company.

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Only thing missing tonight was Bayley. If she would have come out, that crowd would have LOST it.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The best part of Raw was that there weren't any stupid meaningless tag matches.

I wish every Raw and smackdown were like this. Not even just with the surprises but every match had meaning. It felt like they squeezed all they could into that.

No stupid filler tag matches like KO/Jericho vs Styles/Zayn or something.

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

^Exactly

As far as Shane goes, I don't see any way he doesn't continue with the show. There was WAY too much emphasis put on "temporary GM of Raw" by JBL for him to not be wrong.

12. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Watching the rest of RAW now,

How the hell do you not debut Bayley right there? The pop would have been INSANE.

13. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Ok just finished, so happy with AJ winning, please don't feed him to Reigns now.

Also, the Miz winning the IC title was so stupid when you could have brought someone in like Joe and have him win it.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Did you not watch the Usos/Dudleys match? :confused:

Your memory is SAWFT.

15. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Great to be there. Enzo is out of control. So good on the mic.

Where was Carmella I wondered.

Also wondered if Zayn was legit injured but guess not considering they threw Cesaro out there.

Also **** anyone who ****s on Mania.

It was awesome as a spectacle. And that's what wrestling is ultimately. No one there was not entertained thoroughly.

1 person likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think that match was completely useless.

It ended the Uso/Dudley feud I'm guessing and led into the Enzo/Cass feud.

Also my big thing with those random tag matches is they don't actually establish momentum or anything. Like my example of KO/Jericho vs Zayn/Styles...no matter who wins it doesn't actually accomplish thing.

At least with Usos and Dudleys they are both established tag teams. The Usos lose so you can guess they move down the tag team ladder and the Dudleys win moving back up it.

If WWE just got rid of relying on those lazily booked (Pair these single faces to go against these heels) their weekly shows would be 10x better at least. They should use that time for actual tag teams, they have more than enough of them, they even have jobber tag teams now.

Although I guess the match did feel kind of useless lol.

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Can't even begin to imagine a New Day vs. Enzo and Cass battle. The mic work would be insane.

18. VanityHalfBlack

So enzo and Cass gimmick is that they're Italian from Brooklyn?

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Their schtick is basically identical to the New Age Outlaws, except they're brooklyn trash. Enzo is the little loudmouth who delivers the same pre match speech which the crowd says along with him. Cass takes the mic and delivers a quick follow up. Much like the outlaws, that speech is what seems to make them over.

They were wildly popular in NXT. When the crowd has something to chant it makes people easy to get behind and they have a few (let's go zo, and how you doin). I'm hoping that's enough to translate their popularity to the casuals. On top of that, Enzo is a pretty funny guy on the mic in promos.

20. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

The Future is RAW. Loved this so much.

Styles/Owens/Cesaro/Jericho in a #1 contender fatal four way! KO always ruining Zayn's biggest moments. Unreal that Styles is #1 contender! Cesaro hasn't missed a beat.

Debut of Crews, Enzo & Cas & Corbin!

The Women's Wrestling chant and seeing the smiles on all the women's faces and the Bayley chants that made Becky, Sasha & Charlotte happy. Also Becky with that black eye looks so tough but still super cute. Would have loved too have seen Bayley there but NXT needs her for awhile more. Bayley vs Charlotte should be the end of Charlottes first reign I wouldn't do that for some time, Charlotte is killing it as a heel