1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

nevermind cena is here

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

How long was this scheduled for?

I thought they usually end by 10 CT

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It doesn't matter how sick anyone is of Cena.

He's the most important guy on the roster bar none.

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Glad to see Cena.

Really wish they would stop destroying Bray, though.

5. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Funny part is that they started having the matches around 4:30, so this will end after 10:30.

As much as we talked about AJ being buried, Wyatt Family got ULTRA BURIED tonight.

6. VanityHalfBlack

Just give me a match. Nxt does it right.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This is why I've been saying the writing for WWE is utter ****.

They buried AJ and Bray in the same night for no ****ing reason. The Ambrose match was garbage.

That's 3 of your most important guys all looking terrible on Wrestlemania.

Seriously wtf? This over-reliance on part timers and retired guys is so bad. The fans have shown that they get behind NXT guys and current talent. Yet we're fed nonsense.

**** Vince.

Serious.

8. VanityHalfBlack

Here come the boos

9. VanityHalfBlack

People chanting Roman sucks. Yeah not a good sign.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I thought the same thing, at least they borught back Cena. At first I thought they were going to bring out Bray just to get buried by the Rock.

they keep burying main full time wrestlers to legend part timers. If the Rock and Brock and Jericho are going to be there all year...then fine...but these guys will be gone after this month and then WWE will have to go rebuild these other guys up once again.

I really don't get the logic. They didn't even make Dean look strong, how about have him take two F5s, have him pass out, play on the indestructible angle you've created for him. Then when the medical guys come to pick him up, have him decline and walk out. AT LEAST.

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

This is ridiculous. They ran this ridiculous promo about how the Authority hates the WWE Universe and all hope will be gone after Triple H....

And the audience is cheering for Triple H.

My goodness.

Only thing that can save all of this is if Reigns turns full heel after winning.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Exactly. They bury three of the guys who could (and are) making them a lot of money. The crowd has been behind all those guys.

Then we have Reigns who they've ruined by booking. Now the crowd hates him. Have you ever heard the crowd chant the guy sucks who they're supposed to be cheering for in the main event of Wrestlemania?

Just insane how out of touch this company is with what the fans want.

13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Exactly what I was tjinking.

I knew Lesnar was going to win. You can't have the guy that ended Undertaker'S streak lose to Ambrose at Wrestlemania, but at least build up Ambrose in the process.

The Stone Cold route would have been perfect.

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Why is Reigns so hated? Isn't he the babyface? I admit I haven't been following WWE for lately and by lately I mean 10 years.

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

He is playing a good guy role that clearly doesn't fit him. He has no charisma, and he is being forced down our throats with the same old good guy vs. the Authority crap they have been doing for 10 years straight now.

16. VanityHalfBlack

They chanted nakamura, lol.

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Well that was one of the worst Wrestlemania events in years.

Not surprised.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Meh Wrestlemania. Ladder match was great. Shane jumping was great. Everything else was OK or worse.

Will be canceling my subscription and will go back to completely ignoring WWE. They have a lot to learn.

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

They failed on an epic level tonight. They found a way to ruin every single bit of promise they had. AJ Styles? Nope, he can't even beat an old Jericho on a big stage. Ambrose? That match was weak, and so much for the indestructible idea they tried to build. Bray Wyatt? Destroyed again for absolutely no reason.

There is nothing left. Even the new baby face champion is hated by everyone.

Just sad really.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Reigns is now a 3x champ? They think pushing him down our throats will work because it worked with Cena...but people actually liked Cena. Like half of the crowd would root for Cena. Cena can work the mic and when you put him in the ring with other great wrestlers can put on a show. Reigns...man I don't know.

They are so stubborn.

They completely ruined it. I knew Brock would win but how he did so was terrible.

All month long they build up Ambrose as this lunatic who doesn't know how to quit. Then they have him go out in some tame hardcore match. They use Terry Funk and Mick Foley almost like "Yeah, he's our next hardcore guy" just completely tease us that this match was going to go all out.

I expected an actual street fight, for those two to actually at least go up to the ramp, go back stage, have an actual brawl.

At least if you keep it in the ring have Dean pass out. Have Dean take 3 F5s...have Brock seemingly destroy him and then walk out victorious...then have Dean get up laughing and shake it off.

I really can't believe how tame that match was. I thought we'd get an actual HARDCORE streetfight thanks to them using TERRY F'N FUNK and MICK FOLEY to 'Pass the torch'

Just so disappointing.