1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

It is so bizarre to me to see the WWE acknowledge other companies and the histories of wrestlers... To a point.

I doubt when they bring these guys in that the commentators will talk extensively about NJPW or the 'Bullet Club'. (regardless of rights, 'Bullet Club' will not be used as PG era does not allow)

They will probably be acknowledged as simply 'veteran overseas stars' but otherwise left to the casual observer as just mystery men.

On another note, James Storm has apparently bounced back to TNA.

That must sting for him after tasting a couple of bites in WWE.

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Karl Anderson was sporting Balor's demon logo on his tights.

Balor Club it appears.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I think the only reason he showed up with NXT was his connection with Billy Gunn, who has since been fired for testing positive for PEDs.

Would've been cool for him to stay in NXT but probably got a better offer with TNA with their Pop/TV Deal money

4. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

He's saying he's still a free agent and the TNA rumors are false on Twitter.

Some people like being a big fish in a small pond

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Storm? he debuted yesterday to reform Beer Money Inc

6. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Sucks for him.

Cena undergoing shoulder surgery tmrw. I guess no WM for him.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Ugh I wasn't looking forward to even the rumor of Cena v Undertaker at mania, but this "season" since mania 2014 has been ridiculous.

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Owens/Ambrose program is killer right now. Gotta be a street fight/falls count anywhere fight.

Only thing I can see for Taker at WM is either a title match with Lesnar, Reigns, probably Bray or a third WM match against Kane. I doubt a Kane really excites anyone. This is probably his last WM.

Can't do a 1 on 1 w/Lesnar, Bray, Rollins or Cena. Going into WM as champ and losing the belt is about the only thing he hasn't done a wrestler.

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

AJ Styles at RR..is not as far fetched I thought from what I've read.

Ambrose/Nakamura/Owens/Cesaro or Neville would be a dream at WM. Unless Bryan gets medical clearance then he's gotta have the Nakamura 1x1

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I think they have to debut AJ at the rumble... He is a big enough star to get the crowd to pop even without him being in WWE. Nakamara needs a little bit of time in NXT but I think he is really close to main roster material. I hope they let both of them keep their characters the same for the most part. Especially Shinsuke, the rock star thing really works for him and his charisma is off the charts. I pray they don't give him some gimmick or make him a cartoon like they did Yoshi.

KA and Gallows will be cool to have with Balor... I wonder who actually owns the rights to Bullet Club? It's probably NJPW but they should just abandon it since they don't even have any of the original members anymore.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Sting will be inducted into the HOF this year... And he still has yet to win a match.

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

He won 2 matches

Big Show & Rollins

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Not that it even matters.

His WCW run was enough.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Well deserved for Sting.

One of the top 10 of all time. If not top 5 of all time.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Does this mean he's retired? I know he had surgery after night of champions, and I keep track of news but never heard he retired.

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I'm pretty sure he never announced his retirement but if it is I can proudly say I was there for his last match and screaming my lungs out.

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Gotta be Sting v. Undertaker at WM

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Since this could realistically be both's final match/mania, who wins? I guess keeping Sting's ppv losing streak going is most logical, but even on his HOF induction weekend?

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

If this has been done before, where the guy getting inducted hasn't retired yet, there's still bigger stars, namely Taker, out there that would match what WWE would want to do with the biggest Mania yet. Sting's an all time great but given Vince's ego, a WCW guy isn't gonna get the big spotlight of this HOF class.