1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Also I feel like no matter what happens Rollins should and will walk out of WM with the strap

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I really think Reigns & Lesnar's move sets can easily make a fantastic match together combined with the best road agents and Heyman and 2 months for ideas. I guarantee it will be fantastic. It's clear to me Rollins will be a part of it and Id say by the way Bryan was showcased on SD, I'd say he's getting booked in exactly the same way he was last year going into WM. The Triple H promo on SD was a selling point. And the Reigns/Big Show match had some pretty athletic spots I haven't seen Reigns do before in a match. All the Crossfit with Rollins is paying off. That said, he's going to be a heel very quickly. And no way they have just three heels in the main event at WM

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I think Rollins cashes in, but he comes in after the match is finished. When Orton left, there was beef between him and Rollins. It all depends on what they plan to do with Orton in his return, I don't know how well he does as an actual face.

4. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I really doubt Orton is brought back into the title picture before WM.

Rollins should and I think will win it. He's had the show on his back for months and has delivered. Always in favor of rewarding that guy.

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

WWE hyping Ambrose being a part of Triple H's big announcement tomorrow plus Bray Wyatt/Undertaker and Daniel Bryan/Dolph Ziggler WM Matches

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

They have me a little curious with Ambrose. IMO they need to add a 3rd guy to the main event, maybe this is the start to an angle that leads to the fatal 4 way with Rollins also included.

I don't really see a point to Wyatt/Undertaker. They shot their bullet last year, either he beats Wyatt, which doesn't do a lot for Wyatt. Or Wyatt beats him, and it doesn't carry a huge impact because Lesnar already did it. It's no longer the vaunted streak, it's just beating an old guy that's over the hill. Plus I have no real interest in seeing Taker lose again.

If they turn Ziggler into an authority guy (maybe he costs Bryan a title match) those 2 could tear down the house. Potential for an all-time great, but they need a good angle to get the non-smarks into the match.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I think they go into WM with Paul Heyman turning on Brock and joining Roman... It gives Roman someone who can talk for him and people wont **** all over the match

8. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I feel like this segment is going to lead to Roman vs DB at Fast Lane for the chance to face Lesnar at Mania. Please tell me the WWE isn't that stupid to put Roman over DB..The backlash will be awful.

9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

They'll both end up losing by count out or DQ or something like that. It'll be a triple threat at Mania, Reigns wins, Rollins cashes in and beats Reigns and now you have a new feud.

10. buffalobills!!!

This isn't gonna work, creative. Stop shoving Roman down our throats

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Welp. That was a lame ass 30 minute promo.

DB vs Seth Rollins tonight. Winner takes on roman at fast lane.

I keep forgetting to bring this up, but is roman reigns getting heat because of what was said on the colt cabana podcast with cm punk.

He didn't sound too thrilled to be working with roman reigns. He pitched an idea to bring up Ambrose, Rollins and someone else. I think it was chris hero. They gave him Leakee instead. But he rolled with it.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

People are mad because he isn't every good. In the ring, or on the mic. He has been so forcefully pushed as the guy despite not really being good at anything. Rollins and Ambrose are both superior across the board.

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Daniel Bryan/Seth Rollins v. Roman Reigns

Dean Ambrose v. Bad News Barrett

John Cena v. Rusev

The Usos v. Tyson Kidd & Cesaro

I'm behind all of this

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I like that locker room backstage segment with Bryan and reigns.

I like how it made Bryan look like a vanilla midget by standing taller than him.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I guess the way they see it, Bryan can make anyone look good int he ring. Rollins isn't terrible, so it is a good pre-wm match to try and get him over one last time and prove he's capable of main eventing mania.

But we know what will happen, Reigns will be 100% the heel that match and Bryan the face.

16. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

That was a really incredible RAW

Bryan/Rollins
    Cesaro/Uso
    Bray/Ziggler
    Rusev Crush

Reigns is def doing a heel turn before Fastlane. I think Bryan wins but Reigns still gets in

WWE Championship
    Daniel Bryan v. Roman Reigns v. Seth Rollins (Cash In) v. Brock Lesnar (BEST WM MAIN EVENT EVER!)

Undertaker v. Bray Wyatt

Sting, John Cena, Randy Orton & Dolph Ziggler v. Triple H, Seth Rollins, Big Show & Kane

IC Title
    Dean Ambrose v. Bad News Barrett

US Title
    Rusev v. Sheamus v. Jack Swagger

Tag Titles
    The Usos v. Tyson Kidd & Cesaro

1st Annual Ryback Competitive Eating Contest

Luke Harper v. Erick Rowand

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Do you mean in regards to crowd reaction? It will be interesting to see how they paint Reigns in the next 2-3 weeks, because how often and how well does a face go up against a face? The internet's already picked its heel, but Reigns would still get a cheer anywhere that's not Philly, Chicago or NYC.

Honestly I hope they make Reigns a heel, because it's a lot easier to watch than this Reigns vs. the world angle that Bryan's already done. I think he was a heel in his NXT stint.

Also I think it's funny how Stephanie pretty much did the same thing Heyman did for Reigns on last week's promo.

18. VanityHalfBlack

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm expecting Bryan to get screwed by somebody, probably Ziggler if that's who he's going up against.

They will try to find a way to still make Reigns the face, probably by saving Bryan from a beatdown. They've been dead set on Reigns as a top babyface, and I think that's the way they go come hell or highwater. I think that Denver crowd is a good gauge for the casuals, and the casuals will basically like whoever you tell them to, and Reigns will get a solid, if unspectacular reaction most places.

Because that's what we've had for a decade with Cena, solid but unspectacular, why aim for more when this is so easy for them. I laregly stopped watching wrestling for about 5 or 6 years before Punks pipebomb brought me back, I can see myself fading back out if Reigns and Cena are constantly at the top of the card moving forward.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

On another note, Triple H killed it on the podcast. I really can't wait for when he takes over, he clearly gets it. You can see it in NXT, the way he talks, everything. Vince is stuck in a bygone era.

He basically flat out said that Reigns megapush was on Vince. Triple H was a Reigns guy, probably still is, but it's clear he wasn't ready for this level of push. He could have been a much bigger, and much more beloved, star if they had been more patient with him.