1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V0EZobdiJ4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Beavis Stiffler

I'm really concerned that these obsessed fans of Daniel Bryan will be more annoying than CM Punk's obsessed fans.

3. 713

713 Member

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Roman is the Samoan Chandler Parsons. Very handsome, pretty talented, but people get mad at him for getting a max contract without being a max player.

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Umm what? He's been a major player for 3 years since coming in as hired muscle for CM Punk. He's been the biggest face on the show this year after DB got injured.

He's more believable of being capable of taking down Lesnar than Bryan, Ambrose or Ziggler.

This is one of the better main events at WM in some time.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Boy you are a forgiving fan. Everybody is basically universal in agreement that he is a very bad in ring performer. There is a reason he has only worked one singles PPV match in his entire career. All of the Shields matches consisted of Ambrose and Rollins doing all the wrestling, and then Reigns would come in and do his 1 or 2 moves to finish it.

The second he lost the protection of those 2, it became glaring how bad he is. Rollins is a god in the ring. Ambrose is solid in the ring, a great talker, was getting better reactions and is the same size as Reigns, yet Reigns gets the mega push based on his good looks alone. That's what pisses so many of us off.

Hopefully they add somebody to keep this from being one of the worst main events ever. Ambrsoe, Ziggler, Rollins, Bryan anybody, because neither one of them is prepared to work a great match.

7. Progs

Progs Member

The image that sticks out about Roman to many fans is how sloppy he looked in his match against Orton in Summerslam. Orton was suppose to be the heal in that much but the crowd was chanting for him when they saw how he carried Reigns throughout the entire match.

8. Indaface

Indaface Member

If they keep on having Roman do nursery rhymes against Brock and Heyman it will be a disaster.

If they let him stay silent while letting Heyman put him and Brock over there's a chance it could end up not being too bad.

I would love for Rollins to somehow end up in this too. He's been the MVP of the past year he deserves to headline Wrestlemania.

9. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

What is Bryan going to be doing at Mania that will be worthwhile.

The rumors of him vs. Sheamus at Mania is terrible. I get the history with the 18 seconds thing but he belongs in a marquee matchup. This is what sucks about the WWE Title unifying, if you're not in the title match then you're just basically not a big deal. It would help if people gave a damn about the IC/US Title but WWE hasn't done anything to reinforce that. I can't believe at one point in time when I was younger, I thought the IC Title was better and COOLER than the World Title because people like Razor Ramon were holding it and making it cool, and folks like the Macho Man, the Warrior, Chris Jericho, RVD etc made it a worthwhile title and division with the matchups they had.

With the comments Bryan made on RAW jabbing Roman and talking about Brock, I feel they should insert him somehow. It doesn't have to be a triple threat match. Heck they could do the WrestleMania X idea where two people challenge Brock on one show like Bret Hart and Lex Luger did with Yokozuna.

Have Bryan say that he's entitled a guaranteed title match because he was stripped of the title due to injury without the opportunity to regain the title, which is in his contract. The Authority has no choice but to honor it. Roman has a problem with it so they have bad blood between them.

Have them fight at Fastlane where the winner faces Brock Lesnar at Mania first. The loser would have to have a match at Mania to make sure things are fair. (Like Bret did, facing Owen at Mania X and then Yoko later in the show)

Let's say Roman beats Brian at Fastlane.

At Mania:

Roman vs Brock

Bryan vs. Rollins

Winner of Brock/Roman vs. Bryan

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

They should have a 5-6 man Elimination Match

Reigns/Lesnar/Rollins (He'll Cash In)/Bryan/Ambrose or Wyatt or Ziggler

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I just want to see Bryan in a more important match then with freaking Sheamus at Mania. His match should have some importance. Maybe for him to earn a shot at the title at Summerslam or something.

Main event should be a Fatal Four Way. Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose, Brock.

And I like the idea of it being elimination style. They can even have the last two competitors be Reigns and Brock. Reigns wins and then Rollins cashes in finally and takes the belt.

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'm sure Daniel Bryan is going to be in a big match

If not the title match it will be something with Sting & others vs. the Authority

13. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Just building on what I stated above:

I'd pitch a WrestleMania X scenario like when Bret/Luger both had separate shots at WWE Champ Yokozuna in one night but this time with with Reigns/DBry vs. Brock. Which is funny because Luger was the WWE darling that fans didnt take to ala Reigns and Bret was the workhorse love of the fans (D-Bry) and Yoko was the unstoppable monster (Brock). D-Bry has a legit gripe for being stripped of his title by injury with a rematch clause in his contract, so the Authority has no choice but to grant him what he's owed. Perhaps at Fast Lane it could be Bryan vs Reigns for who gets first dibs at Mania with Brock. (Reigns wins)

My full Wrestlemania Card:

Preshow: WWE Tag Title Match Usos vs. Cesara/Tyson Kidd

Goldust v Cody Rhodes(drops the Stardust gimmick and turns heel)

John Cena & Sting vs. Randy Orton & Triple H

Daniel Bryan vs Seth Rollins (Bryan's warm up match ala Bret v Owen)

WWE Title: Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar (c)

Bray Wyatt vs. Undertaker

Andre The Giant Battle Royal (Ziggler wins)

Women's Title Fatal Fourway Paige v Naomi v Nikki v Brie

Rusev v. Ryback US title

Dean Ambrose v. Wade Barrett IC title

NXT Showcase match 3 on 3: Sami Zayn/Hideo/Balor v. Owens/Neville/Corbin

MAIN EVENT: Winner of Reigns/Brock vs Bryan

14. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

That will never get done. You know why? Because it makes too much sense and would be a good show.

1 person likes this.
  15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

yuck! I think they are clearly going for a triple threat between Rock, Sting and Triple H... at least that's what i have gotten from all of their interactions

16. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

How is that clear at all? Rock and Sting haven't had any interactions. I dont think Rock wrestles at Mania at all this year.

It'd only make sense for Sting to be in a tag match since the man is 55 years old! I dont think he's capable of doing a long-form match now. He needs a tag match to hide his weaknesses due to age and just come in for his high spots.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Rusev is becoming a top hell. Too bad he's just getting fed to Cena. They'll have him disappear like Bray did for a few months after he lost to Cena no doubt

18. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I see WM right now like this

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns (Seth Rollins cashing in on the winner OR triple threat). I'm certain from Triple H's promo on SD, they will be adding guys to this match with something big at Fastlane. Bryan, Ambrose, Wyatt, Ziggler

Sting vs. Triple H

John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, Ryback & Erick Rowand vs. Seth Rollins, Big Show Kane & Luke Harper

The Usos vs. Cesaro & Tyson Kidd

Wade Barrett vs. Sheamus

Rusev vs. Jack Swagger

Divas Title

Bray Wyatt vs. Undertaker/Daniel Bryan/Dean Ambrose

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Right now 3 matches appear set

Lesnar vs. Reigns (possible 3rd guy added)

Sting vs Triple H - both guys work a fairly methodical style, and Sting has held up pretty well. I think these 2 will be able to tell a good story in the ring even without the athleticism, much like Triple H's matches with Undertaker. Crowd will probably be into it also, plus blonde Sting was my guy growing up.

Cena vs Rusev - meh

That still leaves Ambrose, Rollins, Bryan, Ziggler, Orton and Wyatt in need of matches. As of right now I am completely uninterested in the main event and Cena's match.

The next NXT special is February 11 so I'm keeping the channel for a little while longer, but they really need to clean up this mess before I even consider keeping this past the NXT special.

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

well they had this moment earlier in the year when Rock returned and Triple H and he talked about having one more match and that it would be at Wrestlemania

and they had the moment at the Royal Rumble where the Rock was with Roman and Triple H came out

Maybe im fantasy booking but I think it would steal the show and i think the reasons you say it makes sense to put him in a tag match also are the reasons it makes since to put him in a triple threat since 90% of the match will have at least one of the guys on the ground