1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The worst shooting season in the history of the NBA/ABA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rogower, Dec 27, 2014.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

lol that was a good one

21pts on 21shots is not efficent, but im with the "his shooting will improve" camp. i dont think he cared in detroit. now he's on west power house team, he's gonna take things serious now. his overall game should pick up. plus the chip on his shoulder about never being in an all star game.

3. CrashTheBoards

Oh look another hater. We lose yesterday without smith

4. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I'm sure it's been said already, but if you don't like this Rockets' team and/or it's players, instead of starting horrible threads like this, just go find another team that you like better and join their message board. While being critical is sometimes necessary, this is not critic, it's just plan player hate.

JUST LEAVE

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know how anybody could have watched yesterday and not seen that Josh Smith had an overwhelmingly positive effect on the team dynamic. 9-21 is 42%. If he 'only' shoots 42% and plays like yesterday for the rest of the year I will be thrilled.

The frenetic, attacking style he played with yesterday fit much better than a more traditional, slower half court post up guy would have with the personnel on the floor. Smith's hybrid 3/4 skill set gives such a boost to the transition game and the agressive defensive mindset that they are cultivating.

All three new guys have significantly changed the team in exactly the same direction.

#45 Ottomaton, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  6. mclawson

mclawson Member

Someone else asked you, and I don't believe you ever answered, so I'll ask again - did you actually watch the game vs. the Grizzlies last night? If so, did you notice the two huge offensive rebounds he simply out-willed and out-worked his way to at the end?

Your posts read like someone who has read several books on how to drive a car but has never actually been behind the wheel. It's quite odd.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Gosh OP, thanks for stopping everyone from getting too happy. That would be dangerous indeed. Your good will is appreciated. (not)

8. craguin

craguin Member

I like Tarik, but you have to admit Josh had two INCREDIBLY CLUTCH offensive rebounds in overtime.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

OP is a joke. Just last month he proposed to trade the pel pick for Stephenson and biyombo

Then dmo for Henson and ilyanova

10. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Smith didn't jack up those shots. Using that term shows me you are looking at the box score and not the game. He took a 3 at the half time buzzer and 2 more outside shots. Everything else was in the paint, where we want him shooting.

You don't look like a troll, but you are coming across as someone you doesn't understand the game he is watching or just looks at the box score.

9/21, you do realize how close that is to 50% right?

11. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Safe to say Tarik dropped more rebounds than he secured and a good percentage of his offensive rebounds came after he missed a gimmie lay up.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Is there a way to vote a thread as one star more than once?

Thanks

13. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

It was his first game in uniform.... are you seriously knocking him for not being efficient? I thought he was huge.

14. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Kinda, you reminded me to vote so in a sense you are responsible for 2 votes...

15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The worst poster in the GARM...we'll let Bryce Harper answer that one:

[​IMG]

16. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

What % of Smith's shots at Detroit were long 2s (outside the paint)?

Eliminate those from his stats (since he'll be coached to eliminate that from his repertoire) and that might be more realistic of what to expect from Smith the rest of the season.

17. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

He wasn't good in the paint either, but he looked fine last night (explosive, even), and no one on Detroit has been good in the paint this year. Their offense was completely broken, even Drummond has had trouble finishing.

Josh will be fine. He's gonna earn himself even more money, and probably a lot of misguided hatred from Pistons fans.

18. opticon

opticon Member

Every year the board needs a whipping boy in the mid 2000s it was rafer then the mantel was passed to Ariza then Kevin Martin then to Lin.

Now I give you the lighting rod of hate for the 14/15 season josh smith.

There are 2 kinds of people. People who watched last nights game in its entirety and those that did not.

If you think that Josh Smith took to many shots or that the shots he took last night were poor it is easy to tell what kind of person you are.

19. kemah

kemah Member

Haters gonna hate.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

People do realise without JSmoove we lose that game lastnight right? Everyones fav Dmo the softy couldn't grab a board