1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The worst kind of cancel culture: Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Feb 9, 2022.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I didn't defend anything. But if you ask me yes he should stand for the anthem when he still cashes the checks

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I understand why people are suspicious about you and whether you are trolling.

Sometimes you just don't make any sense at all.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why don't you go post your opinions in conservative threads about this as well so you can expose your hypocrisy?

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

He's either trolling or incredibly stupid.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I told you why posted in this thread. I don't post in any cancellation threads *******.

If you're gonna keep being an ******* show me where I post in other cancellation threads

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He was suspended for some games until he agreed to stand up for the anthem along with the other players (he was permitted to look down with his eyes closed as part of the agreement). Then he played some more games until I think he was injured. He missed the remainder of the season from that point (mid-March) and was traded in the offseason to Sacramento. He played two more seasons with them.

Was it really the case that no team was willing to offer him a new contract? I hadn’t realized that. Thought his career just sort of sputtered out, and so like a lot of players he chose to go overseas.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The National Anthem is part of the show. The leagues are trying to make money. These decisions aren't about politics

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

As far as my personal opinion is concerned. Yes protesting a country where you're making millions to toss a damn ball is ridiculous

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So he wanted more American dollars?

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So he should forget about others he cares about and what he saw growing up? All that should matter is how financially successful he is at the moment?

I applaud Abdul-Rauf’s decision to not thoughtlessly participate in nationalistic displays like the vast majority of other people. Your point that it’s all about making money in the end makes the whole thing even more crass.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't even know what he was protesting. Enlighten me

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

NFL players make enough money to start and fund their own television networks and say whatever they want

That's what I think about Karpernick. Whatever you do don't **** up the cash flow

14. fchowd0311

What do you think he was protesting? I want to hear from you what you personally think why he protested.

Sometimes injecting some empathy trying to understand where he was coming from goes a long way.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Whatever injustices you're concerned about aren't committed by franchise owners. Make your concerns known own your own time.

Not only do you make money to toss a damn ball you have a bunch of free time

16. fchowd0311

Let's start with the basics.

Why do people protest and when is a protest more effective? Is doing a protest when there are more eyes on your protest more effective than a protest with less on eyes on your protest?

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

[QUOTE="fchowd0311, post: 13953716, member: ]iprotesting? I want to hear from you what you personally think why he protested..

Sometimes injecting some empathy trying to understand where he was coming from goes a long way.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't give a ****, I love it here

18. fchowd0311

I wouldn't give a ****, I love it here[/QUOTE]
    That's good for you. Many people disagree. And many people have this thing called empathy where even if things are good for them, they can expand their sphere of empathy towards those who are struggling and struggling due to systemic issues and advocate for them.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

[
    That's good for you. Many people disagree. And many people have this thing called empathy where even if things are good for them, they can expand their sphere of empathy towards those who are struggling and struggling due to systemic issues and advocate for them.[/QUOTE]

I have empathy for people struggling, I disagree with the solutions to their problems

20. fchowd0311

I have empathy for people struggling, I disagree with the solutions to their problems[/QUOTE]
    You just typed in another post you don't give a **** because things are going good for you.