1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The worst bands of all time

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DanHiggsBeard, May 6, 2004.

1. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

In no particular order other than the Eagles

1. The Eagles - Easily the worst band of all time and this can;t be disputed.

2. Sublime - Remember the football player at your school who was friends with the stoners but still a totalt meathead? Well, imagine him fronting a reggae/hip hop/pseudo-punk fusion band. Yeah, it really is as bad as it sounds.

3. 311 - HAHAHAHAHA. Enough said

4. Dave Matthews Band - The soundtrack of every lame college party ever. I'm pretty sure it's a rule that you have to wear khaki shorts and a white hat whilelistening to this band.

5. The String Cheese Incident/Phish - Have you ever known anyone who listened to this crap that wasn't a complete douchebag? Oops, didn't mean to harsh your mellow.

6. Creed - not only did they completely misunderstand the entire "grunge" scene, but they decided to incorporate the worst elements of all of the bandwagon jumping, studio musicans who co-opted the genre (think Candlebox), but they gave it all a religious slant.

More to come...

2. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

Worse than say, the Backstreet Boys?

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

IMHO:

1) Just about anyone played on The Buzz
    2) U2
    3) NSync (do they count?)

Can't think of anymore at the moment.

4. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Cooder Graw
    American Idol finalists
    all junior high bands

6. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

I'm not counting any boy/girl bands. Those are hand picked groups who don't write their own songs, and really shouldn't be considred musicians/bands.

I have a ton to get to, but not a lot of time right now.

7. junglerules

junglerules Member

This is classic.

"Hi, my name is (doesn't really matter), and I'd like to tell you why I like yelling "Fire" in a stairwell, and scaring picking on little kids who are much smaller than me."

It's not that it's impossible to have these opinions expressed here, but I have a CRAZY feeling that: a) these opinions, just MAYBE, are being expressed to create some sort of furor, or inflamatory response. Or, b) these opinions probably wouldn't be thrown out so casually without the disguise and anonymity of a newsgroup.

But I could be wrong. It's happened before, it'll happen again. And I'd just like to politely say that I don't see 311, Sublime, the Eagles, or DMB topping one of these lists, but that's just my humble opinion. (I don't know enough about Phish.)

8. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Any band that junglerules likes.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

INCOMING!

10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

That was the first thing I thought.

11. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Oxygen - Easily the worst element of all time and this can;t be disputed.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not sure what's with the hatred for The Eagles either. Considering how old the band is, I don't know why they'd even be on your mind.

In any case, I can't do a list of worst bands, because I wouldn't listen to enough of their music to qualify them.

13. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

Okay, boss is gone.

Dead wrong. It's a response to that best bands of all time thread, and these are my honest opions. I'm not 14 years old. i don't "flame" on messageboards.

More horrible bands:

Matchbox 20 - completely generic coffeehouse rocks for girls who drive jettas.

Limp Bizkit - most of the world seems to realize this now

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Here, I think you're quite right. This stuff is very combustible and damaging. Even as it keeps you alive, it is at the same time slowly killing you.

15. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

hmm... this post seems to have a lot of angst behind it. is it some sort of a lashback against college parties you weren't invited to? or guys who put youdown, so now they're "douche bags" ?

I mean I guess DMB is overrated... the Eagles and Creed are both very good. Certainly NOT the worst ever.

16. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

Look, there's no need to even respond about the bands I listed. Those are bands I peronsally hate, and the fact that you like them doesn't change that fact.

Adding bands you consider among the worst ever to the list would be a far better use of your time.

17. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

That's a pretty good list, Dan. As Fred Durst might say, I'm in agreeance.

But there's one group you forgot: Smashing Pumpkins. I mean, people can HEAR that douche's voice, right? That laughable double album of theirs took itself about as seriously as the Bible and plagued the radio for about 2 solid years.

18. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

say wha?

19. allan

allan Member

Eagles
    DMB
    Creed
    Pearl Jam

all good choices, there really are too many to name. so I will just go with a couple:

Hootie & the Blowfish
    Limp Bizkit
    Bob Seager
    Linkin Park

20. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

U2 :p