1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The White Community

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by giddyup, Aug 6, 2013.

?

Does this thread title amuse, alarm or offend you? Please explain.

1. AMUSE

32 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. ALARM

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. OFFEND

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Major

Major Member

How do you actually not know the answer to this? You've posted some version of this same issue / question numerous times on this forum over the years, and it's been very clearly explained to you numerous times. How on earth is it possible that you have to keep asking the same thing over and over again? Do you really not know? Do you think slightly changing the question will create some kind of new epiphany or gotcha moment?

The non-crazy community would really like to know. Or maybe the non-amnesia community.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, I am finally having a reaction to "White Community," in honor of the BBS White thread.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jW8UlrtcEac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Now I'm amused

Cookie?

[​IMG]

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Does this have something to do with a pyramid scheme?

5. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Maybe the idea was smart-alecky but it was still just three thin words "the white community." The rest of the splatter is your mind at work.

Self-identify? I have a friend who is full-blooded Cherokee; he doesn't identify himself as American Indian. I have a family full of friends who do not identify themselves as Italian-Americans and they are only a generation removed from Italian birth. I could go on but I think you get my drift. OMG, I have a black friend who does NOT identify himself as African-American.

I knew I'd get the rise out of you guys; that's why I started the thread. You never fail to live up to my expectations.

6. giddyup

But they were drawn in. Many skipped the multiple choice section of the quiz and went straight to short essay which will not be graded on a curve.

It was three words...

7. giddyup

I don't think that at all but I do think that the media, among others probably, have "recognized" a few spokespersons who are portrayed as speaking for "the black community."

THAT IS MY COMPLAINT. That plus the fact that THAT REALITY IS NOT SUFFICIENTLY CHALLENGED.

8. giddyup

Succinctly tell me then.

Don't agree with your supposition, though.

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

"Drawn them in" to your crafty web...many of us come for the entertainment value and a laugh...at, not with.

Maybe you could submit a white community article for publication in Dr. Paul's pamphlets.

10. giddyup

You among them. Gotcha!

You can't deny that you tolerate (or encourage) one and denounce the other. That is wrong.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Where is the option for aroused?

1 person likes this.
  12. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Giddy it has already been explained that minority groups tend to be more grouped. it has already been explained that it isnt just blacks. what dont you accept about these explainations

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Giddyup is very, very smart.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Next giddyup thread, the male community.

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the only rise I got out of this thread was reading the word FAIL from this post

16. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

I don't even know where to start with that. I'll just say that I'm not oversensitive and don't care if you call me African-American, black, brown (which in reality is more accurate) or [insert Caltex2's real name].

As is people aren't oversensitive about enough things. Life is too short for that.

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You didn't get a rise out of anyone, you got called to the carpet for deliberately goading blacks to reinforce your own bigoted sense of superiority. What your parents, grandparents and great grandparents did by watching black-face and telling ****** jokes, you do with dubious, redundant and vapid threads whining about fully accepted and well-defined terms and betraying your own tenuous grasp of race relations. Give it a goddamned rest until you have meaningful facts or ideas to discuss.

18. giddyup

I never said anything about "the black community" until post #27...

Grouped? By whom? Or do they group themselves?

It has been suggested that this is some kind of "survival mechanism" for ethnic minorities but I countered with some ethnic minorities that don't rely on it so.

Somewhere in there was a morph from black/white community to black/white power that was interesting.

This experiment has grown out of more than a year's reading about the Trayvon Martin case and the racial aspects therein.

The OP only said "the white community." Think of it as a Rorschach Test. You don't "pass or fail" it but it shows what's on your mind.

19. itstheyear3030

A Rorschach test is open ended...you only gave three responses :confused:

20. giddyup

You are wrong. You are angry. You've been had by three innocuous words: the white community.

If those terms you defend are "fully accepted and well-defined" maybe that is part of the problem.

I'm more of a fan of Bill Cosby, Morgan Freeman and Thomas Sowell on race matters than Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.