1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Warriors have a 88% chance of Winning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 18, 2015.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Why does that never get old?! I'll take the 17% too.

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

So OP's link has Bovada showing the Warriors at -750 and the Rockets coming back at +475 for the series. This is why I hate ESPN gambling articles.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=265943
    It was all sensationalizing the early odds at Westgate at -1100 and +700. Those two lines are way far apart. And if lines remain scattered for the series, it will go to show that gamblers around the world are united in underrating or overrating anything.

Stop with this crazy Vegas is disrespecting us narrative. Vegas doesn't care. The various sports books in Vegas and the UK just want 1) action and 2) not too much of a disparity between sides. Money will dictate line movement.

Are the Rockets supposed to be the favorites? What should the line be then in some of y'all's opinions? The Rockets haven't been treated different in terms of respect than any other team that has faced or could have faced the Warriors.

3. solid

Maybe taking fandom a little too far unless you only have a couple of hundred in your account. If you account is substantial, not wise to bet it. When it comes to money I am a very conservative investor, the turtle wins the race.

4. solid

I am expecting a game one victory. I feel it. Rockets are going to bring it defensively.

5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I put $40 on the Rockets to go all the way at 16-1 a while back, so I am hopeful of a nice $600 payout. If not, oh well it was only 40 bucks.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Nice bet, I'm thinking of doing it too. I mean hey it's not like betting $500 to win $6...

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Too bad the games aren't played on paper huh? We could have crowned the Warriors in February and be done with it.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12% chance is pretty good. Much better than the 3% I had us at. So I am actually kinda hopeful about pulling this off now.

9. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I think we're evenly matched and now it just depends on which version of the team comes out and plays. If it was the Game 6 and 7 version we win.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Anything possible: My personal 2 cents

Because GSW has HC advantage and Klay : 55%-45 or 60%-40

11. jlwee

jlwee Member

I said it before and say it again, these rockets are so talented and loaded that they will whip the warriors off their homecourt. I say 4-2 rockets win.

12. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Lol I like the way you think.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm no Vegas guy, but I know that 88 + 17 is not 100.

14. Mprice

Mprice Member

God Bless you!

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Rox gonna win game 1 on momentum.

16. adobo

adobo Member

Rockets are definately under dogs....there is no argument there.

However....when Rockets were being blown out by Clippers and quickly fell to 3-1 in the series....i can imagine the odds of Clippers closing out that series was higher than 88%.

With the star quality and bench depth of the Warriors...they are going to be tough, tougher than the Clippers. Rockets also have star quality and bench depth....but where i feel we have the advantage over the Warriors is the deep playoff experience our players have over the Warriors.

The warriors are playing great basketball...they are expected to win...i can live with that....no pressure on the Rockets, just enjoy the series and hope for a suprise

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Link? I'm not just going to take your word for it.

18. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

It's not about 'respect'.

It's about maximizing action and trying to get even money on both sides. That's why someone can bet a humongous amount and shift a line.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

So Vegas is about to make shiat load money from those betting on the Warriors. :D

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I hope we see a bunch of Bay Area nuthuggers with significantly lighter wallets once this series is done.