1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The View from the Ground: George Floyd Protests

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 28, 2020.

1. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

If anything the hypocrisy is coming from you. I call it like it is, case by case basis. Never lump everything under the same umbrella, you might ended up looking foolish.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

But they have...they scarred the people so much that they are willing to go so far with their protests to avoid being massacered.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Disturbing if true.

Two Sandwiches and RayRay10 like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Former presidential candidate Andrew Yang wades in...

Yung-T, Hakeemtheking, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

The CNN reporters covering the riot were arrested, the four police officers that killed the handcuffed counterfeiter have not been.

Yung-T, RayRay10 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2020 -- World Crazy.

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Murica!!
    2020 yaaa BABY !!

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Reminds me of The Purge. The whole thing does, really.

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

Seriously... the reporter was clearly showing his press credentials before and during his arrest, as shown by the video. And the rest of the reporting team including cameraman continued to film the arrest as they marched him away.

Yung-T and RayRay10 like this.
  11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Um yeah looting and violence isn’t the answer. You become a criminal when you do that.

12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Um yeah go back to the hole you crawled out of.

Yung-T and Reeko like this.
  13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

If we could only get the younger generation to understand voting is just if not more important than protesting we may be getting somewhere.

Yung-T, Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  14. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Meanwhile, on FOX:

Yung-T, Andre0087 and NewRoxFan like this.
  15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

what the officer did to a handcuffed man is violence and criminal

16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Criminals...

https://www.ushistory.org/us/11b.asp

Patriots subjected Loyalists to public humiliation and violence. Many Loyalists found their property vandalized, looted, and burned. The patriots controlled public discourse. Woe to the citizen who publicly proclaimed sympathy to Britain.

Families were sometimes divided over the revolution. Benjamin Franklin's son, William, a Loyalist governor of New Jersey, supported the British effort during the war.

What Happened to the Loyalists?

In the end, many Loyalists simply left America. About 80,000 of them fled to Canada or Britain during or just after the war. Because Loyalists were often wealthy, educated, older, and Anglican, the American social fabric was altered by their departure. American history brands them as traitors. But most were just trying to maintain the lifestyles to which they had become accustomed. After all, history is always written by the winners.

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This was preventable. Don’t have the state commit extra-judicial executions and the social contract stays in effect. But instead we have tragedy following a tragedy.

Rioting is awful, but what else can the black Americans of Minneapolis and other major cities do to stop the perception that cops and by extension the state are killing them for being black. It’s not like the 2010s suddenly made police less likely to use deadly force on a black suspect.

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

F*** Tucker, Tucker sucks.

Yung-T, Ubiquitin and RayRay10 like this.
  19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Now that the police station has been burned we need leaders within the protest to step up and get things nonviolent again

the violence made a point about how serious the people are ... now show control and show that we are better than a mob . The looting and destruction is quickly going to go out of style and will be met with force .

the looters and rioters need the legit protesters for cover . If people lose interest in legit protest because they disagree with the destruction then the cause is lost .

Yung-T, Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A lot has happened to this city and to myself since I last posted here. For anyone wondering I am safe. I woke up this morning smelling smoke and for a few seconds was worried by house had burned down. It was just the smoke drifting over from around the 3rd Precinct which is still burning as I'm writing this.

Last night I decided I couldn't sit on the sidelines as my city tore itself apart. I volunteered for a group that was providing emergency first aid during the protests. We set up an emergency first aid station at Ghandi Mahal an Indian restaurant a block away from the 3rd Precinct. The owner had donated the space. Given the pace of things this was an all volunteer and ad hoc effort. I saw the 3rd Precinct go up in flames and got very close as around midnight we got a warning that the building could explode due to O2 and natural gas tanks stored in there. I and another volunteer tried to warn people to pull back. For that effort we were jeered at and one looter even showed me LE gear he had taken. The building between our aid station and the precinct was already burning and we were forced to abandon the restaurant. The last thing I remember seeing was one of the owners of the buildings staying behind we as I made it out the back.

One of the first things I saw this morning on the news was that building had burned down. That building and that block had many small business. Including to Ghandi Mahal there also was the Town Talk diner which had been an iconic historic structure that I worked on the renovation of 6 years ago..

The owner of Ghandi Mahal was very sympathetic to the protests. He was also been very worried about his business. If you see my video his restaurant is the one that has the sign "minority owned business". His restaurant was one of the best Indian restaurants in Minnesota and a favorite of my Mom when she would visit. Last night he fed the volunteers and I saved some Naan. That might be the last piece of food from that restaurant.