1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The View from the Ground: George Floyd Protests

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 28, 2020.

1. likestohypeguy

So the curfew had zero effect? Ik anyone who would burn the city won't worry about a curfew ordinance, but was the national guard even trying to preemptively enforce it (ie arrest people out and about before fires start)? It wouldn't be pretty, but I'd imagine at some point you could have enough of a military force and temporary holding facility, to shut it down. They're headed toward a situation where people won't be able to live there, I mean literally survive, food etc. in the aftermath.

I thought after they arrested and charged with murder, it might die down... probably need to charge the other officers with something.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Could be, could also and most likely be “protesters” that are looting as well.

At that point, it’s anarchy driven and not protest driven.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That outside agitators, plants in crowds, white supremacist, etc are the ones setting fires there is a lot of rumors going on with little. From what I saw personally there were people of all races engaged in the looting and at least contributing to the fires, such as throwing plywood and other flammables into Minnehaha liquors. What the backgrounds of these people were I don't know and didn't try to ask.

I saw the video of the person in question at the Autozone and even before the video came out heard a rumor that it was set on fire by an LE plant. That may be true but nothing is definitive yet.

There is too much speculation right now and I'm worried people acting on speculation, including LE, could make things much worse.

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

There is no speculation the guy who broke all the windows at auto zone was a white guy. It is on video.

Thank you for your posts and in person assessment

5. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

What I’m saying is yes there was a white guy in tactical gear breaking windows. We don’t know if he was LE. Given his gear he might be but considering I have similar tactical gear doesn’t mean that is definitive proof.

I’m pointing this out because if people start jumping to to conclusions about who is and who isn’t a provacateur or plant and start acting on it things could get even uglier.

Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, it could have been any number of anarchist groups. Whiten Nationalist, Antifa, LE or just a random looter.

jiggyfly, Nook and B@ffled like this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I agree im pointing out dude was white..i see other videos and it is white people.

My only comment past that is that fact is intriguing.

8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yes a lot of the looting is being done by white people. It’s being done by people of all races. What I’m worried about is if people get it in their heads that white people in the protests are plants that could lead suspicion and making the situation more racially tense. Mn is still an overwhelmingly white state and many of the protesters who are peaceful and only goal is to speak out for justice for George Floyd are white.

likestohypeguy and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I propose we chip in a few bucks for Judoka to keep up with his reporting? Someone here set it up and I’ll go first.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. amaru

amaru Member

White identity extremist are the biggest threat to the security of this nation. The only reason they are allowed to operate so open is because they target groups that most White Americans don’t view as equal anyway.

cheke64 and FrontRunner like this.
  12. likestohypeguy

Both of you. Wait aren't you in minneapolis too?

At rocketsjudoka, we use the buddy system. No more flying solo. You need someone watching your back at all times.

B-Bob and FrontRunner like this.
  13. generalthade_03

I’m in North of Seattle bro.

14. likestohypeguy

Huh okay don't know where I got that.

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

cool nice place.. might want to pick your brain about the area.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Makes sense, considering it's a minority neighborhood where businesses are getting destroyed.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

18. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

lsn't Antifa made up of a bunch of white guys?

generalthade_03 likes this.
  19. generalthade_03

For sure. See all the videos coming out Berkeley!

20. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

The aren't White Supremacists are they?