1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Vertical] Trade Discussions between 76ers and Hawks centering around Teague and Noel

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by treyk3, Jun 2, 2016.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Just gimme an SnT of DHo / Teague. Easy peasy. And Ho'ford and buddy Dwight, with Milsap, makes Hawks tufftufftuff up front.

2. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

Ideally, sign Horford to join Teague here. Or other FA options: Whiteside, Noah, Gasol, Ezeli, Biyombo

3. chandlerbang21

If horford is here he needs to be at PF. Defense and rebounding arent his stong suits

4. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

Horford is pretty average in those areas, but I don't think he's a liability on defense or rebounding. He did play center last year, and the Hawks defense was still good overall (though mostly due to team defense). And I'm looking at the direction this team is heading: small ball, stretching the floor, D'Antoni's philosophy of good offense leads to good defense.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Horford is a very good defender, what are you talking about? Defense is not (just) blocking shots. Drummond blocks shots but he's just bad defensively, he doesn't know what positional defense is, can't stay on the ground, doesn't know how to defend the pick & roll, can't switch on small players...these are all defensive aspects in which Horford is really good, it's not a miracle if the Hawks had a good defense while playing Korver and Teague in the backcourt.

His rebounding is down, this is true, but i'm not sure it's because he's declining, in fact i think not, he had better numbers years ago but i think more factors come in play here, with Bud now he plays way more on the perimeter, so less offensive rebound chance for him, also, Bud is coaching and rotating his players in a Spurs way so, less minutes possible for his best players.

I think this is why his numbers are a bit down.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Horrible for Philly.. So shortsighted. How can you possibly trade for an expiring UFA when your team is in such a state? As soon as Teague plays his contract out he will leave.
    They are better off getting someone younger with more years under contract. Knight or Mcollum who is going to be RFA etc

And I think that Noel is vastly overrated. He is a good small ball C but can't play well as pf and nor can he play well against bigger Cs who immediatelly bully him. And probably will get overpaid. But even with all that, his worth is much more than a one year rental of Teague.
    Not to mention that the alleged discussions also included Covington.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Horford always says he wants to play PF, so this doesn't really mean anything and would actually make Horford more comfortable. It was also known for a year that Hawks have thought about trading Teague in order to start Schröder.

8. Garner

Garner Member

Jimmy Butler is not remotely available.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree. But hey, Bryan in running the show now, you should expect dumb moves.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, for what we know as today he isn't, but if there's a team with bad perspectives that's Chicago, he may become available sooner rather than later this summer.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Noel for Teague... ouch. This is why the Rockets need to take advantage of Philly somehow. They're holding picks 24 and 26 ... I doubt they want to add three first rounders to that roster.

12. Nook

Nook Member

It could mean Horford gets to play his natural position (4) with a legitimate center (Noel) next to him.... which would make him more likely to resign.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Colangelo has always been a short sighted executive. He is going to do whatever it takes to get the Sixers a playoff team right away, even if that means dumping talent for pennies on the dollar and locking the Sixers into long term mediocrity.

14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

This is such a lopsided trade when you consider that Noel hasn't even achieved his potential with that dumpster fire of a franchise. Teague is a middle of the road starter at best who isn't particularly elite at anything.

Hinkie isn't there to play hardball with Morey so I agree, we need a new punching bag now that Sacramento is on to our shenanigans. Problem is that we don't have a war chest of assets like we used to.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is true, they already have Millsap at the 4 and Splitter/Tavares at the 5...don't know what will happen with Scott but i don't count him as today (also has a unguaranted contract for next season) so, one PF and two centers with no guaranted minutes (for various reasons) i guess...anyway, i think this can just be a move to cover themselves as today, if Horford leaves they have a solid option to replace him, but also a potential cornerstone to build around for the future with Schröder.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

We need Dwight to opt in :grin:

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Haha if we trade Dwight to Philly we aren't going to get another marquee free agent for years.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah but Les and Co are in win-now mode, hence the head coach on social security. I doubt he's too interested in adding rookies.

19. malakas

malakas Member

This doesn't mean much for Atlanta/Horford . Because the ones selling is Philly to over half the teams in the league. Atlanta just tried to trade Teague before, if that's the best price they can get then why not do it regardless of Horford.

This is just the one trade talk that leaked, there are many more that haven't. And I don't think it's going to happen anyway.
    Teague is definitely available but the price is too much.

20. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Canaan - duh!!!