1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The US bombing its own guns perfectly sums up America’s total failure in Iraq

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Aug 10, 2014.

1. g1184

g1184 Member

Also, our goal was to get WMDs and get out.

Also, mission accomplished.

2. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

About 85% of American people, if you want to get down to it. The public was exhausted from the wars and no longer had the stomach to stick it out. This cannot just be disregarded. The troops were coming home, period. And as it's been stated a few times before, the USA wanted to keep some troops there but the Iraqis wouldn't stand for it.

War weariness is another horrible consequence of Bush's mistake to start a completely unnecessary war. Our very war weariness is now a potential danger to our security. Thanks Bush and Cheney! Your gifts never stop giving...

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

War weariness is just a sign of a weak minded population when the war isn't even on the same continent and the casualties aren't high at all. Of course, "weak minded" is probably the best way to describe most Americans so that makes sense.

I guess we should just embrace how foolish the population of America is and withdraw to our own borders till something awful happens that educates the people again.

4. Baba Booey

Do you even listen to yourself? You really come off as an ass. Thank god you are not in control of anything.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do you? First you blame the ignorant masses "voting" to abandon the Iraqi people, then you seemingly get upset when I agree that a weak minded and short sighted American public is to blame.....

6. Baba Booey

You are the one blaming "ignorant masses." I said nothing of the sort. Stop putting words in my mouth and projecting your opinions on me.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We're just using different words to mean the same thing. You suggested that 85% of Americans "voted" to abandon the Iraqi people and I'm just calling those people ignorant and short sighted because that's exactly what that decision was.

8. g1184

g1184 Member

What's your number Bobby? How many deaths and maimings is appropriate?

9. Baba Booey

And this is why I called you an ass.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Bobby's greatness on full display yet again. The privilege of arrogant conservatives to advocate indefinite warfare for young Americans and their families. At least we'll be able to pay for it all with more tax cuts for millionaires.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

4,487 casualties in 9 years is a lot to you? That's less than 500 a year...As far as war goes, that's about as tame as it gets.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Easy to minimize the loss when just looking at statistics.
    Those aren't just 4,487 homeless people with no families that died.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I know that, but the point still remains, having an average death toll of under 500 a year is REALLY light for a war. There are more soldiers who die every year due to alcohol related incidents and suicide than in that war. Military members die no matter what, be it in garrison doing something stupid or in a training exercise or in war. Realizing that isn't minimizing the deaths, it's just keeping things in proper perspective. Under 4500 deaths in 9 years of war is insanely low.

14. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

I love the way you talk about me and my fellow service members. I hope one day you spout off something along the lines of this post I'm quoting and you happen to be in my general area......or in the vicinity of someone else who fought, bleed and almost lost everything in Iraq. You deserve what happens next you prick.....

To everyone else posting.....I am sorry for the derail. But this a**hole is part of the problem.......can't hold my tongue too long......won't happen again. He is on ignore.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, this guy....Every time I speak, I speak "in the vicinity" of a former soldier. Now if you don't have anything intelligent to add, move out and draw fire hero.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You seem to miss the point, over and over and over again, that your comments are insanely out of touch and reek of those made by at best a young person who has a cavalier attitude and doesn't know a thing about life and at worst a genuine psychopath. You compare combat deaths in wars that are fought by volunteers to just any ole death like it's some kind of spreadsheet where you just move numbers around. You advocate the death of a million civilians if it accomplishes your goal. You are so out of your element in these threads that you don't seem to realize how incredibly disturbing your comments are. It's even more disturbing that you seem to revel in it.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would argue that you miss the point, people love to bring up military deaths when they can be used to further their narrative, but they don't really care. People bring up numbers like 4,487 as if that's some huge amount of casualties not understanding the amazing job that those in the military do to keep the number so ridiculously low. They also like to pretend that they would be "saving" those military members by "bringing them home" but more of those military members die in garrison than they do on deployment and that's just a fact. Those who sign up, for the most part, know what they signed up for and don't need some whiner back in the states to "save them" from doing their jobs.

In fact, by "bringing them home" and abandoning the Iraqi people in the manner in which they did, it only means that more of them are going to have to go back in much worse conditions to get it under control again when the situation would still be under control now if only they'd have kept a force there.

What you foolishly think is doing the right thing is merely causing more people to die in the end. That said, I don't expect you to understand that.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Furthermore, since the region has now destabilized and fallen back into chaos as a result of the US abandoning the Iraqi people prematurely, those who died did so for nothing and more of my buddies are going to have to go in and potentially die to fix it, either now or in the future.

Nothing quite like fixing something only to have civilians who think they are doing the right thing destroy it right afterwards.

19. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Except the actual "decision" was made by Bush, so "ignorant and short sighted" definitely applies.

20. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Of course, it was about 7 times that number wounded, many coming home without limbs, with significant brain injuries, and that's before you even talk about PTSD and other mental disorders.

It is refreshing to see a conservative so cavalier about casualties in a war zone. That hardly ever happens. :rolleyes: