1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Unbelievable Patrick Beverley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Feb 12, 2013.

1. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I liked how he took right at them on the first possession with the crowd booing and twitter death threats and all. Top it off with an elbow to wannabe tough guy trying to send a message for Westbrook. Dudes a mofo G.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think that got the team going as well.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I bet they don't want him anymore.;)

4. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Its like its lost on you that this was Bevs first decent game. That he has been constantly out of place on D. Shooting poorly making bad decisions and generally out played at the position. But dude is playing the Thunders backup PG. Get it through you skulls...their backup. As a whole he has been completely outplayed by Jackson.

This Thunder team is no where near the team they are without Westbrook. Westbrook is a top 5 talent in this league. The Thunder havent figured out how to play without him. He runs their offense, creates space for Durant And Martin and sets up Ibaka while scoring at a Harden type clip. The only player in the league who is as skilled with as much responsibility on the court is Lebron James.

Im happy for the wins, but you're r****ded if you think Bevs playing caused that more then Westbrook being out. You think Mchale would be running those hard Durant double teams from the top if Westbrook was manning the point? If Jackson made a play like Bev did to injure Harden your hypocrisy would be in overload.

You are completely clueless.

1 person likes this.
  5. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

0:05

He saw Reggie trying to "send a message" and shoved him off like a b****. Look at Reggie's face lmao. To do that, especially in their home court when everyone is booing you, Beverley probably dribbles three balls on the floor every step he takes. Beverley is awesome.

[youtube]7FNAKMBw_CU[/youtube]

6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Man, you must have some sort of agenda, and, I tell you, it is making you blind to the obvious.

Are you not concerned that pretty much everyone in the national media, the local media, and the best non-Lin zombie posters around here disagree with you and think that Beverley has been an important part of the Rockets play the last 4 games, is an improvement over Line and a better compliment to the rest of the roster?

Nothing against Lin, I think he is a good player, but Beverley is just better for this team. Not to say you can't keep and play them both -- but Beverley has been so fun to watch and is exactly what this team needs.

1 person likes this.
  7. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Was that the only change that occurred at that time. I recall that HUston went small (without Smith), and Garcia also started. also Westbrook got injured, A zone defence was institued in the fourth quarter. Did any of these changes have ant effect on the rockets performance?

8. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Absolutely

9. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

Garcia started because Lin got hurt. The upward tend began when Beverley was placed into the starting lineup (game 2).

Westbrook played all of game two (when we lost, but barely), and I don't recall us going to a zone defence in game 4 or 5.

10. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Good points. Also Jackson is a rookie. It is obvious that the Thunder have not figured out yet how to plat without Westbook. Don't forget Westbrook is a leader in assits.

11. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I don't know who has bigger cajones...bev, Garcia, or Asik??

12. gene18

gene18 Rookie

And Beverly only played 1/2 a game against WEstbrook as Lin left after the first. My point about Garcia is that he has played great since starting and getting major minutes. His 5/1 game was excellent and he was great the game before. (She other posting on CT about Garcia). If there were these major changes how can one conclude that one of these changes (Starting Beverly) created the upward momentum of the Rockets.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Oops. Delete. Wrong thread.

Go Bev.

1 person likes this.
  14. Outlier

Outlier Member

Don't give a crap what Lin "has" over Bev. I'm way more comfortable with Bev out there than when Lin is, and that's what matters. I'm sure that's how most real fans feel too and that's what matters. When Lin is out there, sure he shows flashes of brilliance but then there are as much as head scratchers and frustrating plays as that. It is simply not worth it with Lin. Bev provides much more stability and aggressiveness than the love it or hate it Lin show.

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Jackson is a second year player isn't he?

16. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

Because Beverly is the common denominator. Since his start in game 2, we have either won or lost by a single possession.

Garcia can not say the same. Game 2 he got 6 minutes (we lost by 3).

This is not to say Garcia hasn't been important, I think he's been our X-factor, but Beverly being in the starting lineup has been vital. I can't wait till we see the Lin/Beverly/Harden 3 guard rotation.

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't think OKC has an answer for the Lin/Beverley/Harden lineup. Rockets offense is very fluid with both PGs on the court. Thabo, Perkins, and Ibaka depend on others to create for them so it is hard for them to take advantage of the Rockets small ball. Durant is doing great, but he just isn't getting help.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What was the first thing to happen?

19. seeingred

seeingred Member

yall realize what's about to happen right ? Beverly will get the start, struggle at some point, lin will still be out and clutchfans will demand that Aaron Brooks gets the start and the whole damn site will shut down due to irony overload.

Brooks>Beverly>Lin>Dragic>Lowry>Brooks

the eternal backup pg debate. just merge all these into one thread.

1 person likes this.
  20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wrong again. Jackson is not a rookie.