1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Unbelievable Patrick Beverley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Beverly's success is not a threat to Lin. We can celebrate the fact that we have unearthed one of the best rotational PGs in the league, and have locked him up at very little money for the next two years, without mentioning Jeremy Lin. If Lin can continue to improve his shot (which he has indeed done since the allstar break), we'll see plenty of the two on the court together.

2. pnr

pnr Member

It just depends what they decide to do with Lin. It's clear he is not an ideal fit next to Harden but he is clearly a talented playmaker and PG and he could really help a team who doesn't really have talented playmakers on the roster. Just my 2 cents

1 person likes this.
  3. Fighton

Fighton Member

sounds good on paper but not in practice.

you NEED harden and lin to work well together and be very effective together. harden plays 40min a game. even if lin comes off the bench in a traditional 6th man role and plays 32 min (like JR smith is doing this year), he'll still have to share the court the VAST majority of the time with Harden. if you can't figure out a way for them to work together, there's no point.

manu comes off the bench but he is still very effective playing with parker.

let's not forget how effective harden and lin can be as a tandem - we've seen it earlier in the year a number of times, and it blows the harden/bev tandem out of the water from an offensive standpoint.

you need lin on the floor if you want your other players to be effective (minus parsons). he's our best shot creator and distributor with the ball for most of the 82 games this year. actually, even parson feasts off of assists from lin.

it took an unbelievable night from parsons to barely beat a westbrook-less thunder team. we are capable of so much more.

4. Fighton

Fighton Member

based on one game sample size? where he went 16 and 3 against fisher and jackson?

can you also tell me where the s&p will be at on 12/31?

5. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I agree.

I have yet to see Bevs court vision and play making ability like Lin has. Yeah, Bev hustles like hell and I love him, but he doesn't have the court vision and passes that Lin has.

6. lwlee

lwlee Member

During airtime last game, the announcers mentioned that Beverley had asked McHale if he should tone it down a notch. McHale said if he toned it down, he'll be headed back towards the Russian League. Great words, coach!

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Where are you guys getting this one game sample size garbage from??? I have been telling you all about Beverley for months now. Also, they have played 4 games in the playoffs where Beverley has started in three of them.

8. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

Oh, so a 4 game sample size now? LOL, give me a break.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Playoffs??:confused:

10. MonKing

MonKing Member

Loved this great description of Beverley's attitude today in the Hang Time Blog

11. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I want to give you credit. You called this early on. I have become a Beverly believer, and that if he can maintain his energy and health, he would be a credible NBA starter (though not in the upper half as of yet). If teams gameplan for him offensively though, not sure how he would react. Right now he is never trapped, doubled, or helped on much when he drives. I do still think though that he does not bring to the table all that Lin brings, but that's because I think Lin is still highly underrated, and that's no knock on Bev. I'm just glad both are on the team.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No. Bevs success is not a threat. Lin's contract is.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We really need Patrick to have a good game tonight. Show those psycho OKC fans what happens when you threaten a baller.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Every good Rockets team has had the unsung heroes. Beverly like Chucky Brown, or Chuck Hayes before him could be one of those. He's off to a great start. I love cheering for him.

15. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Wouldn't be surprised if some whack job in OKC starts throwing change (quarters) at him.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The way he's been belittling American hooligans as sedate compared to the abuse he got from foreign league crowds, I kinda expect OKC miscreants to act especially badly.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

As long as he doesn't let it affect him by getting into foul trouble.

18. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I agree with this. I think Bev is the better defender with a better motor and a little more consistent. And Lin has the higher ceiling and a better scorer.

19. Anxiety Trooper

I hope they do. Bev seems like the type of guy that enjoys the frying pan atmosphere. I don't see him shrinking in the big moments. From the moment he stepped on the NBA court (undrafted) he played like he knew he belonged. That tells me a lot about a player.

20. Anxiety Trooper

He impressed me with his poise from the get go. Then I fell in love with his energy and relentless hustle.